Instruction manual of TFlite Bonanza V-Tail - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Fixed Wing Discuss fixed wing aircraft.

Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2006, 07:30 AM   #1
Concordefan
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: Robert
Radio of choice:
Spektrum
# of RCs: 2

Total Props: 0
Instruction manual of TFlite Bonanza V-Tail

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Hi,

I have the instruction manual but its missing all the setting up aspcets of V-tail set up, i like to know if anyone have this instrustion book laying around that i could get help from, my model is pretty close to being ready all i need electronic installation and set up instructions.....any help out there...

Regards,
Sammy

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 07-14-2006, 07:48 AM   #2
voyager_663rd
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Len, an RPAS pilot

Total Props: 20
wouldn't you just set them up as "elevons" through your radio (and radio manual)?

I wouldn't think that would be something in the plane manual.
voyager_663rd is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-14-2006, 07:59 AM   #3
Concordefan
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

Radio of choice:
Spektrum

Never did it before so don't know much on V-tail set up, plus these pages are missing on my manual and i can't down load from PDF files of topflite website either...i'm stuck

Old 07-14-2006, 08:32 AM   #4
Wayne MIller
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Wayne MIller
Radio of choice:
Hitec A9 JR 9303
# of RCs: 19

Total Props: 9
Futaba "V" tail

Hi Sammy,

I think you are after "V-Tail" (used for rudder and elevator mixing), not "Elevons" (used for delta wings). This should be in your radio manual. Make sure the rudder functions moving in the correct direction during set up - this is easy to mix yourself up when trying to think it through logically. That is, when looking from the back of the plane and giving right rudder, the left "V" should go up and the right "V" should go down. When giving up elevator, both should go up.

A couple of suggestions:
1.Look up another "V" tail model on the web and download their "V" tail set up instructions.
2.I think you fly Futaba, so I don't know the radio, but you could go to their web site and ask for help, or look under the web site's "support". The instructions may be listed there - you could also download the Futaba manual from there if you don't have it.

Hope this helps.

Fly4Fun,

Wayne Miller
Wayne MIller is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-14-2006, 11:32 AM   #5
moo
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: eric q
Radio of choice:
Turborix
# of RCs: too

Total Props: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Concordefan
and i can't down load from PDF files of topflite website either...
Why not? I just did.
Shall I print them for you?
Old 07-14-2006, 11:56 AM   #6
Concordefan
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

Radio of choice:
Spektrum

Eric bud i tried 3 times and it diden't do anything, all it does is open up new screen and thats it!!.....

If you are coming to Oakville tommarow then sure get me a copied set, if its ok with ya....and i bring your remaining items too....
Old 07-14-2006, 12:03 PM   #7
Concordefan
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

Radio of choice:
Spektrum

Re: Futaba "V" tail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne MIller
Hi Sammy,

I think you are after "V-Tail" (used for rudder and elevator mixing), not "Elevons" (used for delta wings). This should be in your radio manual. Make sure the rudder functions moving in the correct direction during set up - this is easy to mix yourself up when trying to think it through logically. That is, when looking from the back of the plane and giving right rudder, the left "V" should go up and the right "V" should go down. When giving up elevator, both should go up.

A couple of suggestions:
1.Look up another "V" tail model on the web and download their "V" tail set up instructions.
2.I think you fly Futaba, so I don't know the radio, but you could go to their web site and ask for help, or look under the web site's "support". The instructions may be listed there - you could also download the Futaba manual from there if you don't have it.

Hope this helps.

Fly4Fun,

Wayne Miller

Hi Wayne,

I am using Futaba Super 7 UAF TX, it does have V-tail for Gliders but not for regular aircraft, now maybe i can't get into some programming area which does have V-Tail for aicrafts too, i don't know yet, i am still fithling with it...

So far i have connected regular elevators on #2 position on RX and nose wheel on #4 position for Rudder, as i type this , i don't have rudder set up on my Bonanza, may be i'll just fly it when there is no cross winds!....No just kidding...I wont untill its all ready with all flight controls...

I will look into other V tails planes also if i coulden't find set up on Bonanza itself...

Sammy
Old 07-14-2006, 01:48 PM   #8
Robw
RCC Contributor

I am: Rob W

Sammy. You have to use the glider setup when using a v- tail. Ch3 is not normally used with the futaba radio for gliders so it can be used still for throttle. I believe the channel settings are:

CH1- Right Aileron
CH2- Elevator (first half of v-tail)
CH3- throttle (not used for glider)
CH4- rudder(second half of v-tail)
CH5- right flap
CH6- Left flap
CH7- Left aileron

I use a glider set up for my ultra stick so I can use the butterfly setting. Throttle works like normal.

Flying Tigers RC Club

MAAC# 50959
Robw is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-14-2006, 03:33 PM   #9
moo
RCC Supreme Contributor

Radio of choice:
Turborix

IMPORTANT
Page 66 - BALANCE YOUR MODEL.
The recommended initial balance point is 6-3/8" aft of the leading edge of the wing center section. Some modelers have reported
that with larger more powerful engines, such as a .90 2-stroke or 1.20 4-stroke engine, that the model was overly sensitive in pitch.
You should initially balance your model at 6" (5-3/4" with retractable landing gear) - even if you are using a smaller engine. Then,
adjust the balance aft to obtain the handling characteristics you desire. Also - DO NOT EXCEED THE RECOMMENDED
CONTROL THROWS UNTIL YOU HAVE ADJUSTED THE BALANCE.
Old 07-30-2006, 09:53 AM   #10
moo
RCC Supreme Contributor

Radio of choice:
Turborix

I'm still carrying this around for you, don't you have the time to pick up your free manual?

P.S. still waiting for those parts you owe me.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in