Toronto Zees is back? - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Offroad RC Discussion RC Offroad chat for truggies, buggies, short-course and more. Topics may include brands like Associated, Kyosho, Tamiya, Axial, Traxxas and more.

Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2006, 08:33 PM   #11
imported_DV8ion
RCC Contributor

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
If you've been around long enough you've seen lots of tracks come and go.It always seems to start out great but slowly dies off because people get bored easy in the GTA. It's always the same thing over and over again. This really sucks because, just think how many people live in the GTA and we can't even keep a track alive for more than a few years. There are places in the States that have a fraction of T.O's population and they have great tracks, and get a massive turn out every weekend, people will drive for hours just to race a club race. I just don't know why we can't have that same enthusiastic love for our local tracks. I guess we may never know.
imported_DV8ion is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 06-14-2006, 08:40 PM   #12
imported_Rc Squirt
RCC Pro Contributor

yeah true

tracks come and go but i live right buy zees and loved going there but its gone and i need it more than ever come on ppl let show some support.
Aka Tires
imported_Rc Squirt is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-15-2006, 09:48 AM   #13
MUSTGOFASTER
RCC Pro Contributor

One of the big differences between the 80's and now is that anyone can get into RC with all of the ready to run cars/trucks available. I prefer to build my own but not everyone wants to or can.

Another big difference today is the battery technology. That is an area of RC which has really changed for the better.

I agree that it is up to us to keep the momentum.
MUSTGOFASTER is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 06-15-2006, 10:43 AM   #14
imported_PB

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhaniff
We've never really left; we just re-organized ourselves. We're starting to update the website again, we figure that the Baja5B would be interesting for everyone to see. There will be more updates on that site, so keep watching.

As for the Mini-Z club. It's a club that was started by a member of the Mini-Z community who's trying to promote and grow Mini-Z racing in the GTA.

Neezam.
Neezam,

Did you guys end up re-doing the on road track, or is the mini-z club just setting up the RCPtrack for their races? Any idea where to get more info on that club and their association with you?

PB
imported_PB is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-15-2006, 12:59 PM   #15
Bdegan2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DV8ion
If you've been around long enough you've seen lots of tracks come and go.It always seems to start out great but slowly dies off because people get bored easy in the GTA. It's always the same thing over and over again. This really sucks because, just think how many people live in the GTA and we can't even keep a track alive for more than a few years. There are places in the States that have a fraction of T.O's population and they have great tracks, and get a massive turn out every weekend, people will drive for hours just to race a club race. I just don't know why we can't have that same enthusiastic love for our local tracks. I guess we may never know.
Well said,
A few things to add. It isn't people get bored, It's Laziness. People do not want to drive or travel to a track. I have spoken to quite a few people about SID's for example. They do not want to drive, It's too far.
Everybody wants something in their neighborhood so they don't have to make an effort.
Then I find alot of people want everything for nothing.
Look at the complaints about the 20 dollar fee for Hardcore.
Look at the complaints people were throwing at MAC about the Sprucewood entry fees.
People do not seem to take into consideration the costs involved.
Take Toronto Zee's as an example, consider the rent they were paying. It was a lot of square feet. Now, on a raceday there would be on average only 8 people there, multiply by $10 entry fee. $80 dollars.
During the week how many people went. I will guess maybe half a dozen to a dozen total. To me that adds up to about $200 aweek.
$800-$1000 for the month. What the Hell do you pay with that????
Not the rent, thats for sure.
There is a huge push to get SID's off the ground. Sid himself has put out some serious money to get this going.
And unless people get up off the couch and go and pony up some cash, we know where this is headed.
Anyway, unless people start supporting what is there and stop **ing about what isn't , things will never change.
Bdegan2 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-15-2006, 01:17 PM   #16
imported_Rc Squirt
RCC Pro Contributor

agree butt......

yeah thats true but in zees case i think that he use to do repairs for something and didnt pay rent or not all of it but i'm not sure so yeah but the fact that they r running mini z is crazy and buying products like the 5b what r they crazy i dont have a bussiness but thats a huge risk to take when u just shut down do to $$$$$$ why helis and 5bs thats crazy atleast try again and offer some kinda special the price was fair but you need to do more than just open a track u need to like advertise and the whole bit have parts and good prices i think that ppl no notice that they wished zees was back around and now they would do better but i dont know now with sids r they going to stay up????who knows. i hope they do and i hope they do for along time.go luck to zees with there mini z and good luck to sids thay seem like there doing the right thing.
Aka Tires
imported_Rc Squirt is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-15-2006, 04:01 PM   #17
gremek
RCC Senior Contributor

Sid's Raceway has spent well over $10,000 on the construction of their two tracks now - 1/10th and 1/18th - Definitely worth supporting, and the owner is very open to suggestions from the public! The track is in a very high traffic area, so it is likely that brand new hobby enthusiasts will take interest. Should be interesting to see what happens, but there are some dedicated people behind this project, who will be making a strong push in promoting it across the area.

The other KEY feature to this, is that Sid has more of a grace period - he already owns this piece of land and it was doing nothing for him. Now at the very least it (the track) may attract new customers to his landscaping store, etc.. He's not going to give up right away if the track lacks in attendance - he will keep pushing and trying to make it better... If everything is successful, he's even suggested looking at indoor areas to have continuation into the winter.

This is very exciting....

mike
Durango DEX410
gremek is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-09-2006, 10:41 PM   #18
OffroadNut

Sid's Raceway??

Where might this be??
OffroadNut is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-10-2006, 02:03 AM   #19
MUSTGOFASTER
RCC Pro Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by OffroadNut
Where might this be??
Check out this link for more information on Sid's Raceway:
http://www.offroadrc.ca/showthread.php?t=10957
MUSTGOFASTER is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in