tmaxx vs revo3.3, associated monster truck - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Offroad RC Discussion RC Offroad chat for truggies, buggies, short-course and more. Topics may include brands like Associated, Kyosho, Tamiya, Axial, Traxxas and more.

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 06:54 PM   #1
wolfie37

Total Props: 0
tmaxx vs revo3.3, associated monster truck

i am in the market to buy a monster truck but i cannot decide what to buy it is between the t maxx, revo 3.3 or the team associated truck and any help with my dilemma would be helpful thanks .
wolfie37 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-16-2007, 07:42 PM   #2
ericem
RCC Contributor

I am: Eric Meola
Radio of choice:
FS-GT3B
# of RCs: 5

MGT is one amazing truck. Not as great out of the box performane wise as the revo speed wise or handling, but overall can fly with a cheap used motor like a mach 427 and some nice 40 series wheels. I would not look at the t-maxx. Overall the T-maxx is a very weak design and wayyyyy overpriced. Revo is a decent truck I am not a fan of it. Its alot more sophisticated. I own a MGT and love it. I can always count on it starting, taking hard hits, and overall always having a good time whether its racing or bashing the living * out of it.
Old 10-16-2007, 07:53 PM   #3
thrash metal
RCC Supreme Contributor

a good monster truck

if your main requirement for a monster truck is one thats very durable and tough you have to consider the hpi savage.

as an owner of both a savage and a revo i can say that for racing the revo out of the box handles alot better on tracks and is more nimble for cornering but the savage is by far the toughest monster truck ive owned. i bashed the out of mine for close to 2 years and rarely broke anything. the only time i did major damage was from running it full speed into a stack of railway ties. ( i broke a front aluminum bumper and one bulkhead. and it was still running after hitting the ties. lol.)

if you want to race a savage you have to do alot of modifications to bring down the weight of the truck, lower the center of gravity , improve the steering etc... but once you do this it can hold its own on the track. my teammate has a savage all tricked out with an axial 32 in it and he races it. this thing corners like no other savage ive seen.

most guys who race revos also modify them heavily . most guys buy a center diff conversion, rear brake conversion, forward only conversion, single steering servo setup, rpm arms and rpm knuckles etc...

some crazies even put in a big block conversion kit as well.

if i were you id do some research on both the revo and the savage before deciding what to buy.
Old 10-16-2007, 08:23 PM   #4
imported_RCcanuck
RCC Expert Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericem View Post
MGT is one amazing truck. Not as great out of the box performane wise as the revo speed wise or handling, but overall can fly with a cheap used motor like a mach 427 and some nice 40 series wheels. I would not look at the t-maxx. Overall the T-maxx is a very weak design and wayyyyy overpriced. Revo is a decent truck I am not a fan of it. Its alot more sophisticated. I own a MGT and love it. I can always count on it starting, taking hard hits, and overall always having a good time whether its racing or bashing the living * out of it.
have you ever owned a Tmaxx???or do you hold a degree in engineering??
there all good trucks each with their own strengths and weakness's
the best advice I can give is do alot of reading and research...not listening to people that are biased one way or the other because of what they own....the decision is ultimatley yours...are any of us going to be there when you get the truck and run it for the first time with no issues????? are we gonna be there when it breaks and your frustrated with it??? or can't fix it....its a big decision and I understand that you want to make the right one....like I said do a bunch of reading on the various vehicles,,,check your LHS to see what parts they carry,,,think about what you want to be able to do with it and match the vehicle as closely as you can...you'll be able to get the rest of the way with upgrades...most importantly have fun and remember its a hobby..
Paris Junction Hobbies/Morgan Fuels/Ebay
Better to be dead and cool, than alive and uncool
imported_RCcanuck is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in