BIG ULTY is READY - Page 6 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Giant Scale Aircraft Discuss Giant RC Scale Aircraft.

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2009, 06:53 PM   #51
always flying
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Manny H
Radio of choice:
Futaba 2.4
# of RCs: 5

Total Props: 10
Re: BIG ULTY is READY

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Heninger View Post
Manny
It only takes about 4-6 weeks to get a pass port there good buddy, yes I do neeeed you there to have mooore fun. My kids are flying down for Christmas and there are cheap flights direct from Great Falls through Aligent Air Lines about $500-600 return ea. and yes I have been to DA and they gave me the grand tour the first time I was there in 06. They will do repairs while you wait if they know you are from out of the area great pipe and prop selection too. They gave me a cash and carry discount last year when I was there. I'm thinking about picking up a 170 & re3 pipes (or stock mufflers cause they sound soowww mean) while I'm there for my next big project. Come on doooown!!!
I'll give it some thought.. but most likley it'll be No,I have a hard enough time getting to Fufly's in Taber and Medicine Hat..this invite might be alittle outta my league! but i'll give you a call in the AM and let you rub in how much fun it'll be!..LOL!

Cheers bud!

mannyh

FUTABA 18SZ
always flying is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 10-04-2009, 09:36 PM   #52
kens1

Total Props: 0

Beautiful looking plane.Good luck on your maiden flight.
Ken
kens1 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-05-2009, 07:29 PM   #53
Phil Heninger
RCC Apprentice

I am: Phil H
Radio of choice:
JR 9303, DX 18
# of RCs: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by always flying View Post
I'll give it some thought.. but most likley it'll be No,I have a hard enough time getting to Fufly's in Taber and Medicine Hat..this invite might be alittle outta my league! but i'll give you a call in the AM and let you rub in how much fun it'll be!..LOL!

Cheers bud!

mannyh
No sweat pal, I just wanted to repay you for helping get such an awesome deal on a that beautiful Dalton from Jack I still can't believe she's my bird now. I was going to take her out tomarrow if it isn't too windy.
Phil Heninger is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 10-16-2009, 10:16 PM   #54
crhammond
RCC Contributor
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: Chris H

Total Props: 1

Hey guys (Manny, Phil and Jack)

Plane looks awesome Jack! Now you just have to fly it like Jason Noll HA HA. His was unbelievable at the US Nats - totally on rails.

I have a big (as in HUGE) Pitts model 12. I love bipes. Not the best IMAC plane but with smoke on it looks 100% real.

Maybe we'll see you at an IMAC next year (Manny and Jack)? I am taking a bit of a break from IMAC but I'll be hosting/attending the boot camp in the spring and I'll probably hold a contest in Edmonton. I'm moving up to Advanced but I want to stay closer to home next summer and do a lot of IMAC practicing and jet flying vs. competing.

I got the jet bug really bad at the end of the summer so I plan to do a lot of that next year. Jets are fun but they are not cheap, thats for sure!

I sold off my IMAC birds to Ryan and Derrek - Michael Verzwyvelt in Twin Falls, ID is building me a 126" Godfrey Extra 300 for IMAC next year It is almost framed up now. Its gonna be AWESOME. 170 on pipes also...

Those 14" headers will fix you midrange right up on the 170, Jack.
Old 10-16-2009, 11:44 PM   #55
Phil Heninger
RCC Apprentice

I am: Phil H
Radio of choice:
JR 9303, DX 18
# of RCs: 12

Hey Chris
I'll bet Ryan is pumped about the Yak55 which one did you sell to Derrek?
I would love to see your pitts 12 in the air, whick mill did you put in her.
Going to the last funfly of the year here tomorrow the Dalton 260 will get a workout with the SD yak and Ulti. All charged up .....the planes too. Thanks again for your efforts at our first IMAC here in Lethbridge, I am liking the discepline it teaches me but I still love 3D too. I finally got the down elevator maxed out on the SD yak so she goes into a knife edge spin now. Did you see the 3 point landing that Todd Bridges pulled off after ripping off one wing in TAS freestyle its on FG or just google TAS 2009 freestyle. It is the best recovery I,ve ever seen.
Old 10-17-2009, 06:03 AM   #56
wingburner
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Jack D.
Radio of choice:
Futaba.18sz
# of RCs: 15

Total Props: 21

Hi Chris, I finally got the 14" headers a couple days .Really hope it does cure the midrange...I hope to make your camp again this spring and maybe just maybe I'll make the contest in Edm.
wingburner is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-17-2009, 09:17 AM   #57
crhammond
RCC Contributor
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: Chris H

Total Props: 1

Hey guys,

My Pitts has a 3W 170CS in it turning a 32x12 2-blade. With the size and drag of this plane it is enough but not a rocket. I plan to reduce the weight a little this winter to help on verticals... but I am not taking the smoke out. The main problem I have is a LOT of vibration at idle due to the 11:1 compression of the 3W. It is bone jarring... about 2500 RPMs it seems to smooth out and disapear. I need to solve that problem somehow.

Yea, that save by Todd was just amazing. And the one by Mark L too - that guy has un-human reflexes.

Jack - believe me it will solve it. I had RE3 pipes on my DA150 in the 3W Extra I sold to Derrek. At 12" ont he 150 it had that same burble/soft spot and then came on like a freight train. 13" on the 150 it was perfect - 14" on the 170 will fix it for you. Also if you can find some 94 octane my 170 really likes that too. Mind you mine does not have the timing turned down. It runs so well I don't want to send it back to DA for updates (allt hey will do is turn my timing down as I have all the other changes they made.)

Fun fly - I am jealous. I has been snowing here... I was hoping to get out this weekend but it is looking crummy. We are pretty much done for the season unless we get a warm spike. I've been building for 2 weeks.

I am assembling a 46% Ulti for Brent Bullen (nice ARF) and I am building a BAe Hawk T1 jet in Red Arrows scheme. Primer is on and hopefully I will paint this week. The rest are maintenance projects...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in