fuzzled
RCC Contributor

I am: dustin.b
Radio of choice:
none
# of RCs: 2

Total Props: 0
Elec whats better?

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
im planning on getting another rc in the summer, but im stuck between 2, im asking people that own one or mabye both of these to give me a idea on what is better.

axail wraith or axail honcho?

im looking for something for crawling around copper cliff (where i live) the have nice hills good for crawling but the also have trails and things like that. but also something where i can race it at a track (dodge this paintball rc track). some thng that is fast but also good at hill climbs. i only have a 7.2v 4600mah NiMH battery to run it on right now but i can always get more if i need it.

i will water proof it my self and i have 2 extra motors that would fit them ( the motor the bigwig came with and a venom fire ball 19D)

to sum it up, im looking for one that can do some crawling, track racing, going down dirt trails, take jumps, without now upgrades (except for the 2 motors i have).

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 06-07-2012, 10:35 AM   #2
OldSkool
!!! CONFIRM YOUR ACCOUNT !!!

I am: Tim B.
# of RCs: 5

Total Props: 1
Re: whats better?

Crawling and racing don't mixing because one is low speed and one is high speed. Everything from the tires to the gearing to the set up are completely different. You will probably have to pick one or the other. Are you planning on just ripping around the track or competitive racing? Because clubs will have certain classes with limitations to what you can run. If you want a basher you can take a few laps around a track with then that is doable but a crawler would take over 2 minutes to do a medium sized lap. I know we timed one
OldSkool is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-07-2012, 11:23 AM   #3
fuzzled
RCC Contributor

Radio of choice:
none

here lets put it like this then, mainly for trail and light rock crawling. but the odd time ill bring it to the track for some bashing. i may do up a mud pit for it in my back yard (once i water proof it of course).

Old 06-07-2012, 12:19 PM   #4
OldSkool

Ok then you will want a rock racer not a rock crawler. racer has a slightly longer chassis and depending on gearing goes a bit faster. I think either one of those those would fit the bill. I have heard really good things about the honcho but the wraith looks bad ass. Read customer reviews and then make a decision.
Old 06-07-2012, 02:13 PM   #5
fuzzled
RCC Contributor

Radio of choice:
none

ive read some, the wraith is slow, top heavey, flips while crawling or turning, and the stering servo is weak, but i like the way it looks.

the honcho has bettter balance, and is beter at turns and crawling.

thats all i can realy find, i think i may go honcho. ill water proof it of course then ill have some fun with it. i wont beable to get it till july-august. so i have until then to make my decision
Old 06-07-2012, 02:24 PM   #6
OldSkool

I have seen way more Honchos so that review makes since as they seem to be more popular.
Old 06-07-2012, 02:26 PM   #7
fuzzled
RCC Contributor

Radio of choice:
none

well i guess its honcho then
Old 06-07-2012, 06:31 PM   #8
wparsons
RCC Master Contributor

I am: Will P
Radio of choice:
DX8
# of RCs: 15

Crawlers are VERY slow, like a slow walking pace at full speed. Crawlers need the torque and slow speed control to be good at crawling and that will make driving on a track VERY boring.
Old 06-07-2012, 06:34 PM   #9
fuzzled
RCC Contributor

Radio of choice:
none

kk, well take the whole rc track thing out,

im still thinking more on the honcho, its cheaper and ive hear better things about it.
Old 06-07-2012, 08:08 PM   #10
OldSkool

Quote:
Originally Posted by wparsons View Post
Crawlers are VERY slow, like a slow walking pace at full speed. Crawlers need the torque and slow speed control to be good at crawling and that will make driving on a track VERY boring.
Yes we timed one on a lap. It was funny. But man can it climb.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in