4*60
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: DSM
Radio of choice:
Radiomaster, Taranis
# of RCs: 14

Total Props: 199
Re: Thank You MAAC

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy P View Post
I am an injured worker who has been fighting wsib for almost twenty years. You people who comment like this are discusting. You have no idea how hard life can be when your a cripple and your income is taken away. The hobby takes your mind off your troubles by being active, suicide feelings are rampade, feeling of uselessness, being a burden on your wife and kids, etc etc. Maybe live a day in someone elses shoes to find out some time.
I am very impressed with your doings Mike and really think that your buddy has a true friend. I thank you from the bottom of my heart for helping him, Jim Parnell.
I sympathize but you have no idea what others have dealt with in their lives. ''You people' is not a good thing to say.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 03-18-2016, 08:24 PM   #32
CF105
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: Kevin Drayson
Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX8
# of RCs: n+1

Total Props: 157

I am reluctant to post in this thread at all. I am not posting in any official capacity, but I feel it is necessary to add some context:

RMA is a small club with limited resources. I doubt any of us have anything against his friend (I can't even say I've met the fellow). Mike put forward one request: for a free membership for this guy. I wish we could have said "yes". If we were a wealthy club, maybe the answer would have been different. Personally I'd be worried about the precedent.

No one has come forward with a proposal to split the cost. Nor, to my knowledge, has anyone canvassed members to chip in (I would not be opposed).

Mike has his own issues with the club at the moment. I am afraid this thread seems to be an attempt at pot-stirring from the get go. while I've never had any issues with Mike myself, I have to express my disappointment that he would use his friend's unfortunate situation as a means to publicly slam the club.
CF105 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-18-2016, 08:50 PM   #33
Mike Sebastien
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Mike s

Total Props: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by CF105 View Post
I am reluctant to post in this thread at all. I am not posting in any official capacity, but I feel it is necessary to add some context:

RMA is a small club with limited resources. I doubt any of us have anything against his friend (I can't even say I've met the fellow). Mike put forward one request: for a free membership for this guy. I wish we could have said "yes". If we were a wealthy club, maybe the answer would have been different. Personally I'd be worried about the precedent.

No one has come forward with a proposal to split the cost. Nor, to my knowledge, has anyone canvassed members to chip in (I would not be opposed).

Mike has his own issues with the club at the moment. I am afraid this thread seems to be an attempt at pot-stirring from the get go. while I've never had any issues with Mike myself, I have to express my disappointment that he would use his friend's unfortunate situation as a means to publicly slam the club.
I proposed to the president of RMA recently and the Member himself proposed a offer to the past president to waive his membership in return for Field maintenance. Both were refused. Last year I also asked the club executive the same thing and was accepted by the executive but the conditions were to high and I payed for his membership.

I haven't been able to come forward to the club to split the cost or any other proposals for reasons you very well know.

Yes I have issues with the club and they will be dealt with in private, that is a entirely different issue.

Have I used this as a forum to stir the pot as you suggest? Maybe, but as you are very involved in the dispute you may see it that way. I have stated the facts of the clubs response.

My original post was to thank MAAC for it's charity and that is still the intent of this thread despite the politics of the Riverside Modelers Assoc.

Riverside Modelers have made there own decisions and have never had to face outside scrunity. That will change.
Mike Sebastien is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 03-18-2016, 09:11 PM   #34
Terry Gauvin
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Terry J
Radio of choice:
DX18Stealth
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 55

The guys at RMA are still the "salt of the earth". If someone in dire straights approaches the club directly and requests help he will get it. Try it Al...
Old 03-18-2016, 09:11 PM   #35
Lazy Ace
RCC Expert Contributor

I am: Dennis DWP

Total Props: 12

In my opinion its great the ZD made available one of the giveaway memberships. As far as the club goes we are not members of that club and know nothing of the dynamics involved be they monetary or something personal between Mike and the club or its executives so it’s not fair to judge or pick sides.

I just hope what has started out as a noble cause has not inadvertently thrust the fellow who this was meant to help into the middle of what seems to be a rift between Mike and the club.

Dennis
Lazy Ace is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-18-2016, 09:38 PM   #36
Skagen
Super Moderator

★ Moderator ★

I am: John
Radio of choice:
Airtronics
# of RCs: 20

Total Props: 7

We gotta start charging admission for these types of threads

Old 03-18-2016, 10:51 PM   #37
CF105
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: Kevin Drayson
Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX8
# of RCs: n+1

Total Props: 157

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Sebastien View Post
I proposed to the president of RMA recently and the Member himself proposed a offer to the past president to waive his membership in return for Field maintenance. Both were refused. Last year I also asked the club executive the same thing and was accepted by the executive but the conditions were to high and I payed for his membership.

I haven't been able to come forward to the club to split the cost or any other proposals for reasons you very well know.

Yes I have issues with the club and they will be dealt with in private, that is a entirely different issue.

Have I used this as a forum to stir the pot as you suggest? Maybe, but as you are very involved in the dispute you may see it that way. I have stated the facts of the clubs response.

My original post was to thank MAAC for it's charity and that is still the intent of this thread despite the politics of the Riverside Modelers Assoc.

Riverside Modelers have made there own decisions and have never had to face outside scrunity. That will change.
I just call it like I see it.

I do not consider myself "involved" in the issues between you & the club. You & I have never had any differences. I don't give a rat's patootie about politics, past or present. Don't know what ignited the current matter and therefore have no opinion. But every story has at least two sides. From the little I know, I'm inclined to believe no one is innocent.

I *was* present for the January meeting where the request re: your friend's membership was made (that got to the exec somehow?). It was discussed & voted on. If that request was able to make it to a meeting, then I don't see how other requests couldn't.

Publicly thanking Regis & MAAC? Cool. They deserve it, and you deserve the kudos for making the request on your friend's behalf. Using the post as an opportunity to take a swipe at those you have a grievance with, on a matter that was voted on a couple of months ago... not cool. MAAC, Regis and your friend don't deserve to be dragged into that.

That's all I have to say.
CF105 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-19-2016, 12:09 AM   #38
Mike Sebastien
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Mike s

Total Props: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Gauvin View Post
The guys at RMA are still the "salt of the earth". If someone in dire straights approaches the club directly and requests help he will get it. Try it Al...

He did
Mike Sebastien is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-19-2016, 08:13 AM   #39
IAN GUNN
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: Ian G

Total Props: 1

Well,this has turned into an interesting thread. It was certainly nice to see that our ZD has taken the action he has. However, after reading the comments that have followed and the sniping at one club,has anyone considered the broader scope of this issue?
Yes,it's nice to be able to help out an individual in need.But what if you had several in your club in need. On a local level,if you were a club of say less than 20 and had 5 members in similar need,which one or ones would you help out. Would all 5 be needed to do the field maintenance? If only one was chosen and he became worse off and could not do the maintenance, who then?
From the ZD's shoes,what would happen if all of a sudden,he now has 20 modellers in his zone that ask for this kind of assistance of a free membership? Multiply that for every zone in Canada. That is quite the loss of revenue. Then there is the insurance deductible question. If an accident occured,who would pay it? Remember this individual cannot afford neither club or MAAS membership.
Another question. How is this individual being able to afford his model supplies if he cannot afford membership fees.
Be this request be for either medical or financial reasons,how long will any club or MAAC be expected to cover his memberships?
I would also remind Mr. Sabastian that ALL MAAC clubs are private clubs,not public ones. Because it is private,like the Kinsmen,Lions,or any other private clubs,bringing a private issue into the public only damages that persons reputation. if a private club were to go public with their information on the issue,it would be quite uncomfortable for that individual.

Ian Gunn
MAAC 25307
IAN GUNN is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-19-2016, 03:30 PM   #40
williame3590
Administrator
★ Site Supporter ★
★ Site Supporter ★★ Administrator ★

I am: William A
Radio of choice:
Futaba

Total Props: 116

When someone is in need, you don't think about the consequences of helping the individual, you just do it if you are in the position to do so.

Next to family, your buddies are the next best thing.
Sure hope it all works out!

Bill

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in