FVK Boomerang - Carbon, Kevlar and FG Racer - Local Pickup Preferred But Not Required - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Notices

FS - Airplanes Sell airplanes.
Note: Commercial posts are not allowed on the boards.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-03-2010, 07:35 PM   #1

Total Props: 57
Item is sold FVK Boomerang - Carbon, Kevlar and FG Racer - Local Pickup Preferred But Not Required

For Sale:

FVK Boomerang Speed 400 Pylon Racer

Fully-molded racer, airframe can withstand speeds of well over 200 km/h with its Fiberglass, Carbon Fibre, Herex and Kevlar construction.

Comes with either a 2200 or 2700 kv brushless inrunner motor (don't know what it is) that draws 32 Amps static from a 3s 30c 1450 lipo, spinning a 5x5 prop. Given those numbers I would expect it's the 2700, but, I'm not sure.

Airplane has never been flown, as the build was never completed. The tail feathers are glued on with conviction (and epoxy), and are arrow straight. The epoxy job isn't overly pretty, but, it's serious and not nearly as bad as it looks in the pictures. There is no orange on this airplane, that's just the way the camera picked up the different sources of light.

Given that Soaring USA wants $175 US for the airframe, plus a ridiculous amount for shipping, plus duty, brokerage, etc, I think that $175 CDN for the airframe including the motor, and we split actual shipping costs is a fair price for this brand-new carbon and kevlar pylon racer. I would greatly prefer a local pickup though.

I don't particularly want to get rid of the prop and spinner, but, for an extra $10, I suppose you can have it.

FVK website here:
http://www.fvk.de/Englisch/Boomerang.html

Soaring USA website here:
http://www.soaringusa.com/products/p...ategory_id=265

Video here (not my video, obviously):
http://www.pylonrace.nl/video/boomerang.avi

================================================== =======
RCC Classified Quick Rules

- Location & price is a must when selling RC related items. Update your profile!!!
- Use the feedback system after a sale / trade.
- Buyer Beware!
- One bump / TTT every 3 days.
- Classified rules here.
** Infractions will be passed out if rules are broken. Threads may be deleted.

================================================== =======
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8995.JPG
Views:	293
Size:	172.7 KB
ID:	84635   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8997.JPG
Views:	187
Size:	194.9 KB
ID:	84636   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8999.JPG