hobbyzone super cub/need help - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Beginners / Newbies Interested in getting in the hobby. Not sure where to start. Post your questions here and one of the RCCanada experts will be glad to help you out!

Old 12-22-2011, 12:26 PM   #1
olympiadriver
RCC Apprentice

I am: Duane V

Total Props: 4
hobbyzone super cub/need help

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I have a hobbyzone super cub which has a broken cowl. I have a replacement, but can not figure out how to get the spinner off, so I can get the prop off. Please Help

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 12-22-2011, 12:50 PM   #2
olympiadriver
RCC Apprentice

I am: Duane V

Total Props: 4
Re: hobbyzone super cub/need help

Nevermind. I got it figured out. It just slides off. Its on there tight though. haha
Old 12-22-2011, 04:34 PM   #3
CF105
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: Kevin Drayson
Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX8
# of RCs: n+1

Total Props: 157

Yeah... first time I had to remove the spinner, I had to pretty much cut it off! Figured it had to do with that "very steep" landing... but maybe not...
CF105 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 05-18-2012, 12:51 PM   #4
MayDay
RCC Apprentice

I am: Kyle
Radio of choice:
spektrum
# of RCs: 1

Total Props: 0

I put a hole through my spinner trying to push it off with a screw driver. I finally realized that it is threaded and screwed onto the prop shaft. The plastic is quite malleable and if you bend back the two pieces which cover the blade, the spinner spins off.

Nose overs on landings and ROG take offs have caused me to replace the prop a few times. Wish the HZ 9x6 replacement prop wasn't so expensive and retrofitting off brands can be a pain.

P.S this is my first comment on an RC forum and I'm glad to be here. Had an electric glider as a kid but just got back into the hobby with a HZ super Cub LP recently. I have already spent as much time fixing it as I have flying it. But I realize I have outgrown its capabilities when I'm flying it inverted... Too bad there is no ailerons to get out of inverted flight
MayDay is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-19-2012, 12:51 AM   #5
TLyttle
RCC Master Contributor

I am: Terry L

Total Props: 7

Yup, ailerons work, but so does cutting the throttle, and up elevator....
TLyttle is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-19-2012, 12:14 PM   #6
philipa_240sx
!!! CONFIRM YOUR ACCOUNT !!!

I am: Philip A

Total Props: 15

Next step is a PZ T-28 Trojan. Great aileron trainer.
philipa_240sx is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-20-2012, 05:55 AM   #7
MayDay
RCC Apprentice

I am: Kyle
Radio of choice:
spektrum
# of RCs: 1

Total Props: 0
Elec Re: hobbyzone super cub/need help

Good to hear from others. I have made my own horizontal stab with bigger elevator control surfaces. The first time I was inverted I didnt have enough altitude, but now I can throw it in and out of inverted with less than 50 ft loss.

I need to take it slow with how much I invest right now. Super addictive hobby. For my aileron trainer I want to get the AXN Floater jet. Can't find it at the lhs and never seen it in person. Any thoughts?

My other option is to convert the cub as the receiver is aileron ready and I could learn even more about building ( one day I want to build from scratch) but there's a lot to do when you cinsider flattening the wings. And it's a good plane to leave stock so when your buddies ask to fly you say yah the cub!
MayDay is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-05-2012, 01:57 PM   #8
photecs
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: Darren G
Radio of choice:
Spektrum
# of RCs: 9

Total Props: 1

Just read your post about flattening out the wing of the cub and putting in ailerons. DON'T! A guy I fly with has two cubs... one of which he did this exact mod - turned out great, but he doesnt' like the way it handles... especially landing in "windy" conditions... it's a handful, and really, as a top wing plane - it doesn't roll like a nice warbird or mid wing plane does...
T-28!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in