New big block engine on the way for the Firebird!!! - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Jet Aircraft Discuss Jets in Canada

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-13-2010, 03:18 PM   #9
AJCoholic
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Andrew Coholic
Radio of choice:
JR 12X, 28X

Total Props: 61
Re: New big block engine on the way for the Firebird!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerjets View Post
I cannot believe the unnecessary disrespect shown here towards fellow-modellers who want to voice their concern, I’m out.
Hans,
Exactly what disrespect is being shown to you?

You see the main problem I have with the internet is that people want to express their opinions, and then want anyone who disagrees to shut up? Don't leave, contribute and discuss. But play fair.

I asked one very specific, very easy question.... exactly what is Jeremy doing wrong?

No one gave me an answer yet that is satisfactory. A lot of "but he might..." and "he could" but I say that can be said about your F104, or my sport model jets, or pretty much anything powered by a turbine today.

WHy can't you guys talk and discuss and even argue in a way that makes some sense... its just spurt out a few statements, nothing to back then up and then cry foul.

I am all for safety, and anyone... ANYONE who has flown with me, and knows me knows that. I dont condone stupidity, and unsafe practices.

However, jumping to conclusions and accusing a fellow jet modeler that he is somehow going to jeopordise our hobby is unfair, and without merit - simply because he has bought a larger engine.

If you want to keep this portion of the hobby safe, attend the jet rally's, fun fly's and other events where people fly jets - and maintain a good relations with others. WHen you see someone doing something unsafe, suggest a better way to do it. Doesnt that make more sense than slagging an experienced flyer who has an excellent track record?

Why dont you all re read his first post..."After much discussion with Tom Cook, as well as others who have built Firebirds" that sounds like a guy doing his homework. Like Jeremy said, I doubt HIGHLY he wants something that is unsafe, and unable to handle the power the engine is capable of producing.

AJC
Andrew Coholic -MAAC #26287L

1/2A to giant scale, IMAC, SAM, R/C sport, turbine jets, Heli's...
if its got a wing or two and an engine - I like it!

Last edited by AJCoholic; 03-13-2010 at 03:20 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in