which heli is best for me????????????????? - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Heli Discussion Discuss general topics on rotary wing aircraft, including construction, Servo's, Gryo's and Stabilizer discussions. Heli Pro Shop

Closed Thread

Old 12-15-2006, 10:26 PM   #1
oshawa028
RCC Apprentice

I am: john
Radio of choice:
futaba
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 0
which heli is best for me?????????????????

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
hello everyone i have a few helis and don't really know how to fly yet but
just love helis. I have a kyosho caliber 30,a X400,and a cheap dragon fly 4 which is fixed pitch. i scared to fly the helis so i practice with the dragon fly that i have but its not a real good heli from what i hear very hard to control so heres my question. i would like to buy a heli i can practice with that will not cost so much to repair when i crash all the time am i better off with the blade cp pro? or the blade cx twin blade model?
which will get me better prepared for the real heli?
by the way i do have a reflex sim that i'm practising on
oshawa028 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 12-15-2006, 10:40 PM   #2
Y N C
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: Ning
Radio of choice:
Hitec

T-Rex
Y N C is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-15-2006, 10:40 PM   #3
Y N C
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: Ning
Radio of choice:
Hitec

T-Rex 450
Y N C is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 12-16-2006, 12:15 AM   #4
Credence

Buying a t-rex would be pretty redundant when he's already got an X-400. Also, the X-400 is a better learning bird vs the T-rex which has pretty aggressive cyclic response out of the box. The X-400 is a smoother, tamer machine. Not so good for 3D like the T-rex, but great for casual flying and learning.

I'd say scrap the dragonfly all together and learn on your X-400, then move up to your caliber. X-400 repairs aren't too bad cost wise.

The X-400 will be ALOT easier to fly than the fixed pitch dragonfly.

On the same note, your Caliber will be easier to fly than the X-400.

It's simple, the bigger they are, the easier they are to fly, though the more costly they are to crash .

The only exception to this rule are contra-rotating helicopters like the blade CX, which are inherently very stable (in some cases, TOO stable, they're almost too easy to fly, they'll teach you orientation no problem, but they won't really prepare you for a true pod and boom heli as the way they move through the air is very different).

Use the sim and your X-400 to learn to fly is my advice. Learning to fly the dragonfly would actually work to your benefit since they're notoriously difficult. If you can fly a fixed pitch micro heli, you can fly anything, but if you want to give your self an easier learning curve, start with your X-400, just be sure to get someone experienced to give you a hand in setting it up.
Credence is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-16-2006, 09:28 AM   #5
oshawa028
RCC Apprentice

I am: john
Radio of choice:
futaba

thanks

thanks alot for the advice i will do what you said hopefully i'll get the hang of it someday
thanks
oshawa028 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-16-2006, 09:47 AM   #6
aarinsingh
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: Aarin S

You already have what you need. The Caliber 30 will be the easiest to fly, its bigger, easier to see and will handle wind etc better. Get a local guy to hlep you set it up right, build some training gear, and learn to hover. There is no reason to crash doing that.

Work with your MX 400 for hovering excercises etc, and working into FF. Use a sim and go for it.

Aarin

http://shag.hobby-site.com
aarinsingh is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in