Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: Robert
Radio of choice:
Spektrum
# of RCs: 2

Total Props: 0
G-45 for Midwest Super Stinker

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Well some of you guys have seen my rebuild thread on this Bipe, i have come to almost final conclusion on power plant, i am going with G45 on this. I like to know what would experianced guys think and what do i have to do in order to balance it.

Sammy

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 12-26-2005, 04:32 PM   #2
Kevin McGrath
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: kevin w

Total Props: 1
I think you may find this engine too heavy and maybe too powerful for this model.
This is a relativley small bipe and probably would be better off with a larger glow engine,or one of the more modern light weight gassers of 35 or 40cc.
I have flown my GP Christen Eagle,which has a wingspan 10" longer, with both a 35cc ROTO and 40cc ZDZ and both had as much power as I want and both are a lot lighter than the Zenoah which is a conversion engine with a flywheel and magneto set up.
For best slow speed performance apparentley its best to keep this model down in the 13# range else it glides like a brick.
Just my opinion.
The Planet is doing what it has always done.......floods,volcanic eruptions storms,
earthquakes.........but today there are more people in the way.
Kevin McGrath is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-26-2005, 05:14 PM   #3
Don M.

Sammy, you and I have had many discussions about this plane / engine combo. I learned a long time ago not to ask the general population their opinion because you will get many, many different opinions and they are ALL right in their own way. Unfortunately only 25% of them will be what you WANT to hear.

Make your OWN choice and go with it, if your wrong you'll never forget the lesson, if your right you'll have the added satisfaction that it was YOUR choice.

Let me know if you need anymore pics.
  Quick reply to this message.

Old 12-26-2005, 05:27 PM   #4
Concordefan
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

Radio of choice:
Spektrum

Hi Guys,

I will let you know about the pics, BTW can you get me exact CG location in this plane, i know its most likely be somewhere on the top wings main spar, but i am just guessing....

Don you are right, i am just going to with my own choice from now on and hopefully it will work but if not then i can always change to something else in same frame of choices.

Thanks
Sammy
Old 12-26-2005, 06:56 PM   #5
Don M.

Sammy if you look at the pics I sent you you'll find one from the direction booklet that tells you all the control throws and the CG.
Old 12-26-2005, 07:35 PM   #6
Concordefan
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

Radio of choice:
Spektrum

Yes i saw the picture of the instruction booklet but i dont have it so i cant have any info from it...
Old 12-26-2005, 08:52 PM   #7
Don M.

No, no, Sammy One of the pics. I think it is the 3rd last pic. is from a PAGE in the boolet telling you the control throws and the CG is 6 1/4" back from the leading edge of the top wing. I sent you 30 pictures in all.
Old 12-26-2005, 09:26 PM   #8
Concordefan
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

Radio of choice:
Spektrum

My Appologies Don, i dident checked all the way down, yes all the pics you sended are recieved and now i am going through them...

Sorry once again...
Old 01-07-2006, 01:39 PM   #9
D Pedersen

Stinker

My only suggestion on this Sammy would be to shorten the engine box some and move the motor back .This will help with the noise heavy condition and also stop having to add tail weight which will just add to the wing loading.I had one with a Moki 1.8 in it which actually was noise heavy ontill moving more radio equipment backwards .I have a new in box Stinker again as I sold the old one ,this is getting a DA50 so it will get a shortening of the noise also.Just try and keep it light and remember we do not have to haul 24 oz of glow fuel in the nose of the plane .Mount the tank on the cg .Good luck and have fun.
Dennis
D Pedersen is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in