dwHavilland DHC5 Buffalo - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Scale Aircraft Discuss Scale Aircraft.

Old 07-05-2014, 10:45 PM   #11
dashpuppy
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Jason L.
Radio of choice:
DS-16
# of RCs: 9

Total Props: 22
Re: dwHavilland DHC5 Buffalo

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex sorensen View Post
I had an 8 ft buffalo,all drawn and modelled on my computer,when my hard drive blew...jees that hurt.Now,I have a 8 ft twin otter ,drawing up the lazer cut files.
Use dropbox
dashpuppy is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 07-05-2014, 11:06 PM   #12
FD av8r
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: Daryll F
Radio of choice:
Futaba
# of RCs: 12

Total Props: 9

I scratch built my DHC6 from Model Builder plans, I believe its 81" wing. It originally flew with twin glow....but for longevity and a cleaner plane its being rebuilt as an electric. The cost of twin esc/lipo and brushless motors was quite appealing. Just about all set up minus the scale decals and final programming.

Another example of just how small a world it is.....I too was at CFB Comox 82-85 but as an Air Cadet. My father was a pilot with VU33 flying the T-33 and Tracker. I had my first r/c flight when a fellow took my 3ch trainer up for a flight at the merville field. Took ten more years to actually learn how to fly.....but it was an exciting time.

Daryll
Old 07-05-2014, 11:17 PM   #13
alex sorensen
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: Alex S
Radio of choice:
futaba 7c
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 0

had I known about dropbox when my hd went,I wouldn't be still crying.I was able to salvage my Beaver files because I had sent them to my work email,but my Buffalo was much more complicated.After you draw up a few of those Dehavilland planes,you find there is a commonality in how they designed them,like how they produced the radius's in the fuselage,and tried not to get complicated...The landing gear in the beaver was only slightly modified for the twin otter.
alex sorensen is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 07-05-2014, 11:24 PM   #14
alex sorensen
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: Alex S
Radio of choice:
futaba 7c
# of RCs: 10

If you want to try a complicated fuse,and wing,try drawing a Texan II...Raytheon Ct156, I think.The Canadian trainer at Cold Lake.It has silly little compound curves,but the wing like a Corsair,a perfect candidate for electrics.
alex sorensen is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-06-2014, 08:10 AM   #15
cicopo
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Larry
Radio of choice:
Spektrum

Total Props: 42

Scale Freak, I lived in Downsview when the Caribou prototype was going through all of it's test flights. I used to hide in the tall grass / bullrushes just a bit short of there it did it's STOL landings. Security came & took me away 3 times, & each time I got a plant tour while waiting for my father to come & get me. Fortunately he was understanding of my addiction & it never resulted in any serious consequences.
Old 07-10-2014, 04:50 PM   #16
Scale Freak

hello vonJaerschky, I am currently working flight data in Edmonton ACC. The model is 10% scale so about 109" wingspan or there abouts.
I think Im ready to do some mockup trials to see how everything is going to fit.
When I do start building I will post a commentary. It seems Vicking Aircraft is also interested to see it when its done.
  Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-10-2014, 04:56 PM   #17
Scale Freak

Hey FD, yes indeed we will set up a kit production day!
Old 04-22-2018, 09:23 PM   #18
Scale Freak

Update: I've been working slowly at this, and am now starting to build a half scale mock-up of the Buffalo.
Using foam core and have already made a couple of changes.
I'm hoping this will help me to figure out some of the more complex issues before committing to the real thing.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG7548_1524450177484.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	175.3 KB
ID:	1522705  
Old 06-01-2018, 07:38 AM   #19
Scale Freak

Thinking of going with a built up fuse and engine nacelles, but foam wings, horizontal and vertical stabs. Never done hot wiring but might as well jump into that area while I'm at it. Would save hours of work and why not try something new anyway?
Old 06-01-2018, 09:48 AM   #20
Max
Administrator
★ Site Supporter ★★ Administrator ★

I am: Max P.
Radio of choice:
JR and Spektrum

Total Props: 232

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scale Freak View Post
Thinking of going with a built up fuse and engine nacelles, but foam wings, horizontal and vertical stabs. Never done hot wiring but might as well jump into that area while I'm at it. Would save hours of work and why not try something new anyway?
Agreed! Should not be too hard to do. Complex sections can be hot wired in segments.

My Aircraft Albums: https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/album.php?u=13173
Max is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in