RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Car & Truck discussion General Discussion about R/C topics

Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2007, 07:03 PM   #21
intoxicated
RCC Master Contributor

Total Props: 0
really?

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
they did a research on how much batteries vs fuel costs and suprisingly the fuel u burn is cheaper then buying matched packs

plus its annoying to charge batteries for electric

we'll starting with nitro isnt too hard

just make sure everything is good batteries glow plugs and thats it, prime it, pump the pullstart not starting? prime some more pull some more.. thats how i start my nitros but definitly dont get a nitro car during the winter time, you'll throw it in the garbage lol
intoxicated is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 03-10-2007, 08:37 PM   #22
RCRECALL

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT2_18SS
very true but as scale goes up so does price and complexity (to a point) 1/10 or 1/8 is a good scale to start with (first RC I ever used was 1/ I do hope he does go nitro if he an get the help he needs to tune it. Ok I'll concede it's easier to make an electric fast as modified motors are less money than race ready nitro motors however if someone is in it for the fun or bashing around type of play then a nitro is a far better bet, even with a speed charger who wants to be playing around for say maybe 20 mins (with say stock motors and absolutely gigantic batteries ie say 2 fully charged 4200 packs) then have to have them on a charger for say 30 mins? That's why I chose nitro over electric mainly no worrying about battery power and consistent speed right to the end of my tank so 45mph or so all the way to empty (or close to it as I'll make my motor die out before running lean) as opposed to super fast for a few minutes then diminishing speed as batteries die. I do sincerely hope he goes to a nitro but if he goes electric then hey at least he's still in our wonderful hobby and can come out and have fun. Whatever he chooses I'm sure that as long as he gets either big batteries or a decent sized tank and a couple bottles of fuel he'll be more than happy and have a great time with his first RC

Yeah im more into the dirt playing not to much into the racing just yet. My friend have the rc drifters there pretty kool, but I just want to rip around for a while in the dirt with some of my other buddys but ive been looking at the hpi savage... just wanted to get a couple opinions on whats best thank man.
RCRECALL is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-10-2007, 08:40 PM   #23
RCRECALL

Quote:
Originally Posted by louiegetz
if you dont have deep pockets stay away from this hobby.. or get a credit card with at least 2000 limit to start you off and start rippin the tracks

Thanks buddy but i do have deep pockets. Im already in a hobbie which you gotta have deep pockets if your wanting to get into it. but I need something else you know. like to races bmxer down the track haha
RCRECALL is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 03-10-2007, 08:44 PM   #24
Warheadman

truck

warhead is a great truck easy to work on
Warheadman is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-10-2007, 09:18 PM   #25
ru4real...
RCC Junior Contributor

If your even thinging nitro,get it. don't do what i did.went through three electrics(didn't want to spend the cash) ended up buying a nitro at the end.spent more money trying to save,in the end got a savage x ordered street tires new tsias dual exhaust custom body,allunimum shocks finally bit the bullet.got it friday breaking it in tomorrow.Savage and REVO are both great for bashing and easy to get parts for, go on ebay and do a search you will see.Ordered mine from great hobbies, fast shipping 2 days and good price. post what you get... later ru4real
ru4real... is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in