Been around the block a few times now I think I sort of have it figured out - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Heli Discussion Discuss general topics on rotary wing aircraft, including construction, Servo's, Gryo's and Stabilizer discussions. Heli Pro Shop

Old 02-18-2012, 03:31 PM   #1
bensidus197217
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: jim w
Radio of choice:
futaba
# of RCs: 3

Total Props: 9
Been around the block a few times now I think I sort of have it figured out

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
It all happened one cold day in December, we bought my son who is twenty eight a tiny uncontrollable RC heli, after that I was hooked. Started out with a Megatech Housefly co-axial which I loved because it was easy to fly and was thinking of bigger things. I then for a Blade CP pro which took me about ten minutes to total, I then took all the parts left over and put them away. Next I traded a RC boat that I made from scratch for a 450 clone with no electronics (I was told it was an Align) needless to say I got ripped off. Outfitted that heli with all the elctronics from Phils Hobby Hut who I have dealt with for the last 30 years. Then before I flew it, I traded it, which was lucky for the heli. I was now the proud ownere of a Raptor 30 and gathered the family to the school yard for it's first flight. First thing I should have done after the Housefly was get a sim, but I am way to much of a know it all to need a sim, my opinion was that a sim was for woosies. As my Raptor majestically rose into the air it started to fly forward, this is the point where I lost control. I then panicked and tried to land it like an airplane with about 20km forward speed, there was parts and debris from that thing all over a 100 square foot radius. My family enjoyed the outing much more than I so at least something good came from it. The learning curve started I got a sim and practised. The helis that came after were, Corona 120, Corona 115, Honeybee King, Shogun, another 300 size that I can't remember the name, two HK 450, four HK 500, two HK 600, Century Hawk, another Raptor 30, Walkera 4G6S,Blade MSR, Blade SR, Nine Eagles Solo Pro and an HK 250. I'm sure I forgot some but it all comes to the point where I realize I can't fly small stuff and don't fly the big stuff all that well but I can control them enough to get myself out of trouble. My favourite heli is the HK 500 I never had an Align so I don't know the difference. The one 600 I have left is my scale heli, I have that one for showing off (when it works). For me the 500 is easy to see easy to fix and much slower to get into trouble. I can also fly it in a wind unlike the small stuff that prefer to crash with me at the controls. So have said all that the sizes I prefer are 500 and 600 anything bigger would be to expensive and scary. My radio of choice is Futaba I now have a 7C 2.4 GHZ which I plan on using on my two remaining helis. Heres some pics of my all time favourite heli.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	KH500 Feb 4 2012 001.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	99.6 KB
ID:	139812   Click image for larger version

Name:	KH500 Feb 4 2012 002.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	85.6 KB
ID:	139813   Click image for larger version

Name:	KH500 Feb 4 2012 003.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	127.8 KB
ID:	139814   Click image for larger version

Name:	KH500 Feb 4 2012 004.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	136.3 KB
ID:	139815  

Click image for larger version

Name:	KH500 Feb 4 2012 005.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	135.2 KB
ID:	139816  

Last edited by bensidus197217; 02-18-2012 at 03:39 PM.
bensidus197217 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in