Do you like RB motors ? - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Offroad RC Discussion RC Offroad chat for truggies, buggies, short-course and more. Topics may include brands like Associated, Kyosho, Tamiya, Axial, Traxxas and more.

Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2007, 01:54 PM   #1
mike vandusen
RCC Senior Contributor

Total Props: 0
Do you like RB motors ?

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I am thinking of getting a RB motor and would like some feed back if you got ti good or bad. This will be the motor i race with in my buggy.21.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 04-15-2007, 07:41 PM   #2
tekno
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Ashton P

response

amazing engine worth every penny. i raced my s7c at tillsonberg and it was amazing idles good pure raw power and amazing quality. tuning is a bit if but when you get it you be man im glad i bought this motor. Take it from me BUY ONE!!! everybody will back me up on this one.
tekno is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-15-2007, 08:50 PM   #3
imported_BLAZE
RCC Senior Contributor

i got 2. ws7ii and s7. my s7 is gone now. needs new piston and sleeve but its been a while since i did the piston and sleeve. im getting a rb for my revo. im also going to try a ninja. the ninga will be my back up. go for a ws7iii or the new c6bb t7. the c6bb t7 looks good. im going to try it and sell the s7 i think.

Old 04-17-2007, 04:34 PM   #4
imported_R/CNiagara

I'm pretty sure they still make the S7 if I'm not wrong, or maybe it was the WS3 I saw in RCCA. But I have the TM523 and its a monster. Crazy power out of the box and I want to get it modded too and thats gotta have a nice affect on the power !
imported_R/CNiagara is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-17-2007, 05:25 PM   #5
imported_revojr26

great motors hardly anny problems you dont need to change the glow plugs alot and they are fairley easy to tune plus they have tons of punch good luck
imported_revojr26 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-17-2007, 07:18 PM   #6
c-low74
RCC Pro Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekno
amazing engine worth every penny. i raced my s7c at tillsonberg and it was amazing idles good pure raw power and amazing quality. tuning is a bit if but when you get it you be man im glad i bought this motor. Take it from me BUY ONE!!! everybody will back me up on this one.
why you running a on road motor!!! lol.

i'm running a pair of C6's that were modded by powerhousercperformance.com and they are friggin nuts on power and i can get just over 10 mins. of run time @ 200deg. on exactly 125cc of fuel!! i have a ton of fuel though these and they are still tight as a motor will a gallon on them

you can't go wrong with rb,nova or o.s. engines
Old 04-17-2007, 07:49 PM   #7
tekno
RCC Pro Contributor

response

Quote:
Originally Posted by c-low74
why you running a on road motor!!! lol.

i'm running a pair of C6's that were modded by powerhousercperformance.com and they are friggin nuts on power and i can get just over 10 mins. of run time @ 200deg. on exactly 125cc of fuel!! i have a ton of fuel though these and they are still tight as a motor will a gallon on them

you can't go wrong with rb,nova or o.s. engines
I bought it on impulse. i looked up the specs on the rb site and it's really similar to the S7 the only diff i found between the S7 and S7C is the S7C

-the carb opens to 9mm(not that i use the 9mm to crazy),
-the fuel consumption is less,
-the torque is less(not by much),
-has more power(by one bar),
-takes a Turbo glow plug
-and smaller cooling head.
-and the weight is 318gr

S7

-the carb opens to 8mm
-the fuel consumption is more
-the torque is more(not by much)
-has less power(not by much)
-takes a normal glow plug
-bigger cooling head
-and wthe weight is 356gr

All i need to do is get a bigger cooling head if i am going to race this in the summer. right now it runs great since the weather is cooler. when i raced, the average needle setting i was running is, 4 1/2 out on the HS and 5 1/4 on the LS. it ran great had lots of power and loads of torque and i was running an average of 225 to 250 F. SPEEDMETAL saw this engine run and said it ran amazing when he was helping me tune. all i need is a bigger cooling head and i am good. BTW do you know if you get the WS7lll head can you get on with the turbo conversion i already know the head would work since the parts number match just different cooling heads. What does anybody recommend on the cooling heads? any good name brands i should look at? let me know.

Here's the site:

S7
http://www.rbproducts.com/mainEn.php...oduit=01005-S7

S7C
http://www.rbproducts.com/mainEn.php...duit=01005-S7C
Old 04-17-2007, 07:53 PM   #8
JordanAK
RCC Pro Contributor

Hey I could use an RB On-Road engine for my Serpent, fastest On-Road engine I ever ran !

Jordan
Grand River Hobbies
Team Driver
2010 & 2009 RC Pro Nitro Buggy Champion, Ont.
2010 Glorcs Buggy 3rd
2010 Glorcs Truggy 5th
www.rcsnowmobiles.com
JordanAK is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-17-2007, 08:00 PM   #9
tekno
RCC Pro Contributor

response

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanAK
Hey I could use an RB On-Road engine for my Serpent, fastest On-Road engine I ever ran !

Jordan
Grand River Hobbies
Team Driver
it's nuts on buggy to but i had to rich the crap out of it to run cooler and still runs amazing. if i get a bigger cooling head such as the ws7lll it would greatly reduce the problem and i could lean it out more to unlock it's true power. still when i raced had loads of power and torque compared to my GS R21PBX it makes look like a toy. btw what pipe did you run jordanak? i am running an ofna 086 pipe.
Old 04-17-2007, 08:17 PM   #10
c-low74
RCC Pro Contributor

if your running that rich and still temping that hot in the winter......you will need a cooling head the size of a 2 story house to run that in summer in the offroad seen torqe is everything and also allows the motor to cooler and work less
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in