Crawling Discussion A place to exchange ideas and post information on crawling

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2007, 05:08 PM   #1
jatofan69
RCC Expert Contributor

I am: Andrew

Total Props: 0
LST Steering Servos

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I was doing a high speed pass with my LST today and was turning rather sharp to swing the rear around when, all of a sudden, one of my JR Z590MG servos fried on me and i crashed pretty bad.

I replaced the A-Arm and turnbuckle but i had no more servos. Just when i thought my day was done and over, i decieded to try it out with just the one servo and, honestly, it now works better with just the one servo.

Just a little tip for anybody who blows a steering servo and think your day is over for your LST/LST2, Aftershock, and Monster Baja.

Good luck!
Mini-T-C4 Team Bluegroove
Mugen MBX5T
Dufferin RC- New!
jatofan69 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 05-06-2007, 07:27 PM   #2
SublimeJason

It may Seem Like it's Better because the Working Servo is now only pushing the Wheels & Not having to push the Dead Servo.......

I Have Yet to See anyone Run a Single Servo and like it as much as running Dual Servos(Even with high a end servo).......A Single Servo Saver is not strong enough to run a single servo in the LST.....

The JR 650s and a Good cheep up grade along with an Extra Saver Spring snapped over the Stockers......
SublimeJason is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-06-2007, 09:51 PM   #3
jatofan69
RCC Expert Contributor

I am: Andrew

When the servo died, I had no control over the steering. The dead servo locked up. As soon as i took it out, i noticed that the steering was a lot better than if both were working flawlessly.(much faster response).

But, This is the experience i had. I found that the wheels actually turn left and right in a stop position with just the one servo in.(usually it takes the rear torque to lift the front a bit to allow the wheels to turn)

Thanks for your input though, That servo you mentioned may be the next set i get.
Mini-T-C4 Team Bluegroove
Mugen MBX5T
Dufferin RC- New!
jatofan69 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 05-11-2007, 11:13 PM   #4
ericem
RCC Contributor

I am: Eric Meola
Radio of choice:
FS-GT3B
# of RCs: 5

Maybe the other servo was weak, and slowed down the other servo, or binding, several things could have created the issue.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in