Offroad Indoor - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Offroad RC Discussion RC Offroad chat for truggies, buggies, short-course and more. Topics may include brands like Associated, Kyosho, Tamiya, Axial, Traxxas and more.

Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2007, 04:34 PM   #1
SANDYM
RCC Contributor

I am: sandy

Total Props: 0
Offroad Indoor

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Why is there no nitro indoor tracks in Ontario
SANDYM is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 01-05-2007, 05:07 PM   #2
Grandmaster G
RCC Expert Contributor

cost......small fortune

its bad enough the GTA doesent have any offroad tracks outdoor in the summer

please dont say hardcore or king RC as these are not in the GTA

with the growing popularity of the Glorcs and rc in general look for for tracks to pop up in the next 2 years
Grandmaster G is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-05-2007, 05:29 PM   #3
Bdegan2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandmaster G

with the growing popularity of the Glorcs and rc in general look for for tracks to pop up in the next 2 years
Unfortunately with the cost of land and the amount of room a nitro track needs. Anything in the GTA will be a long shot.
The cost of running the facility and the insurance alone would be astronomical.
Not to mention the noise factor, that is why the existing tracks are not in a densly populated area.

The only areas that would get away with the noise, would be in an industrial park where there are not too many houses in the immediate vecinity. But....Back to costs.....

Another downfall is organization. There isn't any. Most people who run Nitros, don't really race. They are weekend bashers. The actual race population is quite small.

Now before anyone brings up the whole flying club issue, and how they have a place to fly......let me point out that they have something that the ground pounders don't.

Orginization.

For anything substantial to happen that is not privately funded, needs a club. A club with members, lots of them. With a club, you have an organized voice that can speak to town councils. That can participate in community activities. That can give something back to the community. A club that can run weekly organized events.

So until then, the individuals, the renegades, and the weekend warriors, have nothing to stand on.

Let the debate begin.
Bdegan2 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 01-05-2007, 05:53 PM   #4
bobf24
RCC Expert Contributor

i've heard its not legal to run nitro indoors in Ontario, i've heard that from a few different people, not sure if its true or not, but that would explain it,
bobf24 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-05-2007, 06:16 PM   #5
imported_k1e1v1i1n
RCC Pro Contributor

wouldnt it b great if we could all just chip in like $100 and elect someone to run things and have it all work out . i am sure with a few thousand we could get a space and make a track . but i guess we r too unorgnized . and everyone is looking to make a few bucks . i guess what we need is some rich dude who just loves the sport to set something up . is there any rich dudes out there wana get this going . i see so much free land when driving around the 401 maybe 1 of those ppl who own some of that could help out . i guess i am just dreaming
imported_k1e1v1i1n is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-05-2007, 06:39 PM   #6
Bdegan2

Quote:
Originally Posted by k1e1v1i1n
i see so much free land when driving around the 401 maybe 1 of those ppl who own some of that could help out . i guess i am just dreaming
But thats the thing , Its not free. And until the attitude changes that it is owed or something and that it should be free. Everyone is defeated before they have even begun.

Eveyone getting together and paying an annual fee under one body is a start. But here is the kicker....Nobody wants to pay. Everyone wants everything for free.

Heck, just look at all the complaining that went on last spring about Hardcores fees. Or the complaining about what Dave was charging to run the Sprucewood event. There are costs to do things and these costs need to be paid.
Even just a few months ago when Big Boys opened their indoor micro track.
Snowmobilers have "trail passes" that they have to pay along with their insurance and licensing. Because they pay these trail passes, they get some really nice trails....when there is snow.
Snowmobilers even have clubs so that they can speak as a unified voice.
Look at the tracks in the States....Nuf said

Now here is an idea. Pay to have a place to play. Then spend money on all the nice toys to run there. Right now everyone spends all their money on the toys and are too broke to pay for facilities.
Seems like putting the Cart before the horse.

And waiting for a rich dude to do something....well that statement speaks volumes about the general attitude.

Kevin, these statements are not meant as direct attacks, but just examples of the general problem.
Old 01-05-2007, 08:11 PM   #7
zoomroom
RCC Contributor

All valid points...........

Everyone has made a valid point...........however, for indoor nitro please remember nitro fuel is "heavier" than gasoline.

We used to race 1/5 scale indoors in the winter at Formula Kartways, we had a great 1st year, then, to "boost" $ that the 5scale club wanted they allowed 1/10 nitros indoors.

Within 2 weeks we had lost the spot due to people using the Karttrack were getting ill andcomplaining about the fumes.even the HUGE fans built into the building at Formula couldn't handle the nitro fumes as they just stuck right down to the floor and couldn't be pulled up..........

So safety and health play a factor as well..............

Since opening the store I have personally had 2 enviromental tests done on soil by the ministry of the enviroment with one scheduled to take place in the near future (so I am told by the landlord)

I have personally looked into creating a pay as you play track for nitro and the costs just in regards to legal fees and enviromental approval are astronomical, SO SO SO many permits and tests etc etc........

Will a track ever happen in Ontario? Not without the financial support of tons of hobbyists going out every day that track is open and feeding funds into it on a daily basis, but, as said.........limited people want to pay to play.............

From what I've seen and heard the US tracks are running large staff as well to keep the tracks maintained and used properly, theres another cost....................

Hope it happens, but not holding my breath.............support GLORC's, Support Sprucewood and what will the future hold?

Team Associated RC8/Jammin .21
Tamiya 801xt
Tamiya Tamtech Porsche
Tamiya Tamtech Frog
Tamiya F350 Hilift
Tamiya CC01 SCALE CRAWLER
CRC Gen X
BYRONS FUEL
zoomroom is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-05-2007, 10:25 PM   #8
Cutty_1
RCC Contributor

I am: Joe R

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobf24
i've heard its not legal to run nitro indoors in Ontario, i've heard that from a few different people, not sure if its true or not, but that would explain it,
But its O.K to Have Indoor Go-carts.......lol

Why not Nitro.......That would Be Awsome....
Cutty_1 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-05-2007, 11:08 PM   #9
imported_k1e1v1i1n
RCC Pro Contributor

its not illigal just expencive . ya i hear ya brad when i said i want a rich guy to do it , i only said it cause i know my little $100-$200 wont b enough to get it started . i am willing to pay to have a place to play but i hitnk we have alot of ppl who say they have tons of free felids why pay for what there getting for free already . but i know it wont b the same . if we have r own place , we wont get chansed out of there . just dont compare it to hardcore . no matter how much i wanted my own place if i ever got it i wouldnt charge ppl to watch unless i didnt have the ground for the ppl who were there to use the space .
imported_k1e1v1i1n is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-06-2007, 05:32 AM   #10
Bdegan2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutty_1
But its O.K to Have Indoor Go-carts.......lol

Why not Nitro.......That would Be Awsome....
The post directly above yours, states why
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in