Track in Hamilton? - Page 7 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Car & Truck discussion General Discussion about R/C topics

Old 11-27-2010, 06:01 PM   #61

Total Props: 57

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis420 View Post
i spend 10-20 mins between each pack. so i spend about 1/3rd my time fliping and watching and i thought everyone else was fairly good about it too.
We all have to spend our fair share on helping out. This is what makes this hobby great.

See you on the stand or helping out.

Rob
Guest is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 11-28-2010, 05:30 PM   #62

After much time wasted setting up a 1/16 slash a getting no were, I put in a Novak 10.5 moongoose and it made the truck handle the track much, much better, more power but linear and controllable unlike the velenium. also hpi rims with onroad soft tires made a huge improvement on traction and body roll.
Old 11-30-2010, 09:45 AM   #63
imported_Redwings
RCC Contributor

Total Props: 0
Hold on a second, I see yout point, I thing what is going on there is that since fastcats closed its doors that a lot of ppl were starting to sell there off road stuff since there hasn't been any indoor off road tracks to race in until now. I think that suggestions box should be placed and have a track committee decide.

Fastcats was kinda in a nutral location witch accomidated both on road and off road. I know that it was father for some then others to travel. Now you got indoor off road tracks in Oshawa, Barrie and now Hanilton and nothing in Toronto Mississauga area.

I just can't believe that there is not a (local)track out there that is accomidating to both on and off road vehicles like fastcats was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Import View Post
I can not believe, with all the crying "no more carpet off road" after Fastcats closed. And now we have a facility trying really hard to accommodate us, and no one is showing up to support and give there input....
imported_Redwings is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 11-30-2010, 09:55 AM   #64
johnnyboy
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: John Summach

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Import View Post
I can not believe, with all the crying "no more carpet off road" after Fastcats closed. And now we have a facility trying really hard to accommodate us, and no one is showing up to support and give there input....
Not to be a stick in the mud but just because something gets built doesn't mean we have to automatically support it. It doesn't offer what I am looking for. For me at least, it has to be what a racer wants and so far nothing indoor in Ontario is what I consider a "race" track. If bashing clientele is what you are after, that is just fine and it seems like they are doing fine with that. But my money is going towards a facility to race. Right now that means driving to Buffalo or Michigan.

"Almost Live Race Coverage": www.johnnyboy.ca

"Finding Your Dream Home":www.burlingtonliving.ca
johnnyboy is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-30-2010, 10:00 AM   #65
Michael_Lambert
RCC Master Contributor

I am: Mike L

This is a video of the hamiton track "Hotrods" and i can not see how they can honesty race anything larger than 1/16th scale stuff. I mean can anyone honesty picture 6 or 8 1/8th scale buggies racing around? Or even 1/10th scale SC trucks which have a larger foot print than some 1/8th scale buggies?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lh2WhEcloQ
Michael_Lambert is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-30-2010, 10:08 AM   #66
imported_Crave
RCC Apprentice

I have to agree with JohnnyBoy. I am really looking for a place to race. Without a good racing program my heart just isn't into it.

I'll still come by to try it out, but I don't think I'll ever be a regular without organized racing.
imported_Crave is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-30-2010, 11:45 AM   #67
imported_kpsxtyone
RCC Junior Contributor

btw... Nice video!
imported_kpsxtyone is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-30-2010, 02:03 PM   #68
BobZahn
RCC Apprentice

I am: Bob Zahn

The track is definitely the 'right' size for 1/18th and 1/16th scale cars and organized racing is definitely possible. 1/10th buggy are a tight fit on the track at best and anything bigger is only suitable for bashing or running for 'fun'.

The owner, Joe, mentioned he wants to offer racing but also keep the track available to those that want to bash or have fun without organized racing.

Finding that compromise is difficult as there are only six days in the week that he is open right now. Also a track that targets racers would need to be bigger (for 1/10th) and the jumps need some small adjustments to make them flow better and create a smoother racing line.

Joe has a sign up sheet in the hobby shop for people to indicate what they would like to race. I guess if you speak up on your preference the track can be adjusted to the needs of the customers.

This is all speculation on my part but I understand what John is speaking of above. All we can do, as existing or potential customers, is provide the feedback (constructive) and indicate what cars we want to race or bash.

The business owner will then decide what target audiences to go after. But if people don't speak up on what they would like to see then the owner has little reason to build the track to suit that type of activity.

The tricky part is building the track to suit as many different scales and types of car/truck that are avaialble today. The size of the building and resources available will also determine what is possible.
BobZahn is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-01-2010, 05:23 PM   #69
imported_Ellis420
RCC Junior Contributor

its a short track for SC trucks but it is possible. 15 seconds or less i would estimate on a fast lap. if anything, the width would make it tough to pass clean. if everyone understands that contact on carpet usually means both trucks end up off course... its fun. 1/8 buggy would be overpowered for the place for sure. my 1/10 2wd buggy is a blast though.

i would say 6 cars would be a full race if done by staggered start with say 2 seconds bewteen.

From talking to joe, it sounds like he is hoping to avoid the 'super serious racer' as they dont mix with the 'just for fun' crowd that has been planted already. they will have organized races to accommodate them. Im sure its fully possible to design the track to fit both groups.

as far as the track goes, the double before the wall rolls alot of people constantly due to the fact if you dont hit it straight, your usually flipped.

i like the tabletop, but it does make it very hard to see. ive lost my car tons of times and rolled under the bridge. but at the same time, i would hate to see it changed. there needs to be a large jump somewhere. i like the layout from standing at the snack bar area.

One thing i noticed with my buddy on the weekend, is the front of the tabletop has a little damage. in the center, mid way up; from people bottoming out on the steep angle. its kind of pushed in. forgot to mention it to joe

thumbs up to hotrods
imported_Ellis420 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-02-2010, 09:58 PM   #70

And Now HOTRODS is supporting TEAM DURANGO, my 1/8 and 1/10 are on the way.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in