Who makes a Harvard in 60 size - Page 3 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Scale Aircraft Discuss Scale Aircraft.

Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2003, 04:47 PM   #21
tom0187rc
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: Tom P
Radio of choice:
Futaba

Total Props: 0
At6/HARVARD

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
towers has the Top Flite AT6 in stock for 169.99 US. Its a gold edition so fairly new old stock. wing span 69.4" 60 to 90 2stroke
tom0187rc is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 01-04-2004, 08:40 AM   #22
Bandit Flyer
RCC Noob

I am: Ben O

Check EBay. Seems about once a week or so someone is selling a NIB TopFlite AT-6. Usually ending price is around $125.00 USD. (I'm waiting for the wife to give me the go ahead to bid on one!!)
Bandit Flyer is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-07-2004, 10:23 AM   #23
Sabrejock

There was some discussion on T-6/RCAF Harvard diffs. If you're going after "scale" the major changes that I'm aware of are:

The aft portion of the cockpit/canopy. Most T-6's that are kitted have the aft deck as a straight angle and a short rear canopy. The RCAF Harvards had a longer rear glass with another row of panels and a curved (like an older bathtub) rear outline. Mk II's had 6 side panels, the Mk IV-3

No gear leg covers on the Harvard

No spinner on the Harvard.

Long exterior exhaust stack running down the right wing root. This had a smaller pipe leading in from the front and entering the cockpit for warmed air. (Inadequate BTW IMHO)

Two types of radio compass antenna housings were installed depending on the Mark. II had the football on a stalk shape. IV had the simpler streamlined blob attached directly to the fuse.

Pay a lot attention to the fin flashes. They changed several times throughout the lifespan of the Harvard.

The wheel covers were discs that were painted according to various specs like squadron, station etc.

By all means, whichever kit/plan you decide on make sure you take the time to install the flaps. Also be aware that the scale location of the axles can cause trouble during a bounce on landing. I think TF moved them back, but I'm not sure. Anyway, you want them as far aft as will allow reasonably trouble free taxi and roll-out.
Sabrejock is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 01-14-2004, 08:58 PM   #24
SpaceCowboy
~~BANNED PEOPLE~~

I am: Mike B.
Radio of choice:
FAVOURITE - JR X9303
# of RCs: 7

Total Props: 2
Harvard Trainer

Yes the Harvard was a good trainer because it had all the BAD habits that any aircraft could have.

If you could fly a Harvard you could fly anything.

A friend of mine had a small .25 size scale Harvard and it was a handful to fly.
SpaceCowboy is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in