Tip for using carpenters glue etc. - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Construction Ideas, Hints and Tips For all the builders out there. Ask questions, make suggestions, trade tips.

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2005, 08:51 PM   #1
pipercub
RCC Apprentice

I am: Robert B

Total Props: 0
Tip for using carpenters glue etc.

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Hi to all
Do you use a syringe to apply your glue like I do? Try storing it between uses standing upright in a small container with an inch or so of water in the bottom. (One of those bottles that CA comes in, hot-melt glued to a scrap wood base for stability works well) Works great and you will find it keeps the tip clean for weeks. If it has been stored for a while you may have to purge a bit of water out of the very end just to get the full strength glue flowing once again. I find you can fill your syringe and store it for as long as you like…..rbt
pipercub is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 02-03-2005, 03:08 AM   #2
Tomahawk
RCC Master Contributor

I am: a Scratch Builder
Radio of choice:
JR 9503 & DX7
# of RCs: 50+

Total Props: 6
Hi Pipercub

I have been using a syringe for quite awhile now. I use a 12ml syringe for my white glue with a needle that I have filed off blunt. To store it, I just draw the glue down the needle and put a piece of masking tape over the needle end and then cap it with the end that came with the needle.
Most of the time I can just tear off the masking tape and start using it. Sometimes I will get a dried blockage but it is easily cleared by pulling off the needle and using a T pin to push the blockage out.

Chris

If you want awesome, you have to scratch build it!
Tomahawk is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-03-2005, 05:56 PM   #3
Dzlstunter
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: John A.
Radio of choice:
Airtronics 2.4
# of RCs: 12

I'm really lazy, I just shove a T-pin into the nozzle, and draw back on the plunger a bit. When I come back to it, it seems to be ok (unless I leave it for 6 months that way . Dzl

Old 02-10-2005, 12:38 PM   #4
Mike Biedul
RCC Junior Contributor

Lee valley (http://www.leevalley.com under the woodworking section) has nice accordian style bottles for glue. Nice small size for model making, and comes with a variety of tip sizes. I've been using them for white glues for a few years. The nozzles are stainless. I've been putting a length of music wire in to cap it and it works ok, though sometimes the carbon steel music wire gets ugly from rust. I keep meaning to get some stainless wire.....The price is pretty good too.
Mike Biedul is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-12-2005, 06:54 PM   #5
skypupnut
RCC Master Contributor

I am: jean c blouin
Radio of choice:
hitec polk spektrum
# of RCs: 30+

Total Props: 2
those bottles realy work well
love the small tip
Skype jean.blouin
skypupnut is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in