Official 2007 Canadian Hobby Show Off Road Championship Trash Talk Thread - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Clubs, RC Tracks, Events & Bashing meets Radio Control Clubs in Canada Radio Control Offroad & Onroad Tracks. RC Car Races, Events & RC Bashing Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2007, 08:38 PM   #11
CRUSHER
RCC Supreme Contributor

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gump View Post
you mean to say you DIDN'T hook up a 4wd?
??

¿
No 4WD for me... I prefer 2wd anyways...
CRUSHER is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 10-31-2007, 10:18 PM   #12
All The Way
RCC Contributor

I am: AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narly1 View Post
All I can say is that anybody coming from out of town better bring their "A" game.
P.S. I don't foresee any notable results from a Losi platform........
Pfft .... We are the A you are all racing for the B back

Losi will be there in force
Old 11-01-2007, 07:49 AM   #13
Narly1
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Earl A.

Total Props: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by All The Way View Post
Pfft .... We are the A you are all racing for the B back

Losi will be there in force
Well that will be me for sure, but don't be surprised if you get spanked by some of our "Top Guns"!!!!

Narly1
Narly1 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 11-01-2007, 09:19 AM   #14
johnnyboy
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: John Summach

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelav View Post
For 2wd on Sunday please make sure all you little boys stay off the railing so us men driving the X-6's can have a nice clear view of our buggies winning it all!!!!!!!:GRIN:
Then after you are done winning your B Main, you will have a great view of the A Main race from your marshalling spot!
:GRIN:

"Almost Live Race Coverage": www.johnnyboy.ca

"Finding Your Dream Home":www.burlingtonliving.ca
johnnyboy is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-01-2007, 08:51 PM   #15
thelav
RCC Junior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyboy View Post
Then after you are done winning your B Main, you will have a great view of the A Main race from your marshalling spot!
:GRIN:
Ha! You see that! Johnny thinks I'll make the B!! Whoooohoooooo!!!

What, no bump ups?? In that case I'll just go straight to the A and have to school y'all. It's pronounced "XXXXXX-FFFFFaaaaaaccccctttoooorrryyyyy"

and one more for good measure-

Make sure all you Kyosho drivers paint the bottom of your chassis so I can tell who I'm flippin' back over when I'm marshalling! :GRIN:

Too much fun, see y'all at the show!!

Mark

JConcepts BJ4 w/GTB 4.5R
Losi 8ight-T - brushless conversion
Gorillamaxx G3R E-Revo
thelav is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-04-2007, 12:29 AM   #16
Jay C.
RCC Expert Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narly1 View Post
So will it be USA vs Canada? Kyosho vs Associated? Will the nitro guys be able to show some finesse in the absence of monster horsepower?

Narly1
Well, now that the 1st day is over on the hobby show, it looks like the LOSI cars are the ones to have, and they are being driven by assorted NITRO guys... and then there is ABYIE...he handed it to all the electric guys, and there beloved cars with an outdated LOSI xxx 4. It will serve notice to the electric R/C drivers that drivers of nitro powered vehicles have finesse, and the ability to SCHOOL, with these small slowish relics of cars you call electric R/C.

As we are on the topic of Nitro racers, what is with crusher...Handing it to the vast majority of truck racers with a loaner, broke , xxxt RTR, with a 15 turn brushed motor from 1998 and a NiMH regular celled pack (thanks to mustgofaster).

I look forward to seeing some of these electric guys on the real testing grounds, NITRO POWERED CARS.
Old 11-04-2007, 06:42 AM   #17
gremek
RCC Senior Contributor

Now that IS some good trash talkin! Abiye was on fire yesterday. The XXX-4 is hardly considered a handicap; it was built for a smooth surface. Abiye would have won with any car yesterday.

But before you take another cut at these 'small relics of electric R/C' I do challenge some of the top 'nitro' guys to try their hand in 2WD Buggy - where TRUE finesse is required to wheel these cars around the track.

2WD has always been the prestigious class to win dating back to the 80s. Thanks to the nitro guys, the 4WD class is no longer a dying breed, and has made a nice comeback in popularity!
Durango DEX410
gremek is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-04-2007, 07:28 AM   #18
POWLING
Resident complainer

just goes to show all you flashligheters that you dont have to drop hundreds of dollars into your cars just on the newst lipos to be fast. Practice = fast...Money = looking fast
POWLING is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-04-2007, 11:08 AM   #19
Gump
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Brian Belanger

Total Props: 1
So the nitro guys have thrown down the challenge - electric has been infultrated in a BIG was as per yesterday's showing. Now its up to some of the sids boys to make the crossover and show up at a nitro event and see where they stand.
Any time any one of you wants to take the dare, there will be a well prepaired Kyosho waiting for you to try.
Gump is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-04-2007, 11:57 AM   #20
adam lancia
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: Adam Lancia

Great to see the nitro guys come out and show that they can pilot their flashlights around with the regular electric guys. However, one race doesn't equal infiltration by any means Lots of traction and a fresh surface makes a huge difference in driving difficulty, especially in 2wd mod where throttle control is THE biggest determinant of a fast, consistent driver. Throw in a dry, dusty, bumpy track and you have a tall order to fill. I'd love to see more of the nitro guys to come out to Sid's next summer and race!!!!!
adam lancia is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in