Old 07-20-2010, 09:22 AM   #1
ddruck
RCC Master Contributor

I am: Dan D.
Radio of choice:
DX18, JR9503, JR9303,

Total Props: 5
Anybody flies the Superfly?

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Hey guys does anybody out there still fly the SuperFly from Superflyrc, It is an EPP 27" delta wing, pretty well indestructible, flies great on small 2 cell, I still love it for relaxing fun.
Here is my Hat Cam of my SuperFly
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXyFT...eature=channel

Dan
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	superfly-side.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	39.4 KB
ID:	81774   Click image for larger version

Name:	superfly top.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	36.5 KB
ID:	81775  

Last edited by ddruck; 07-20-2010 at 11:27 AM. Reason: change
ddruck is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 07-20-2010, 12:04 PM   #2
Chrisfly
RCC Contributor

I am: Chris P
Radio of choice:
Spektrum Dx8
# of RCs: 19

Total Props: 2
Re: Anybody flies the Superfly?

Wow Dan

Your ability to produce a great video with your hat-cam is exceptional! Frankly I was expecting a way more jerky outcome as most RC videos tend to lose site of the plane often. Then it hit me - DOH - as you are the one flying and filming it follows that your ability to track the plane is obviously going to be better than someone else.

That said, you must have focused on keeping your movements especially smooth - especially your neck.

Okay now the question - What settings do you use on the webbie?

Regards

Chris

PS. I think I need a Superfy now
Old 07-20-2010, 12:39 PM   #3
ddruck
RCC Master Contributor

Radio of choice:
DX18, JR9503, JR9303,

Hey Chris, I cut out all the parts where my head slipped.. but yes all you got to remember is keep focused on the plane in the same spot. Not actually so easy. The settings, as little as they are, are on 'Sport' but I may go back and try 'Auto', just try them all until it works best for you. I tried my GoPro Hero HD and that one did not work well , the fish-eye puts planes too far away.
here is the original Hat Cam post with pictures.
Dan

https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/showthread.php?t=107594

Old 07-21-2010, 08:11 AM   #4
ddruck
RCC Master Contributor

Radio of choice:
DX18, JR9503, JR9303,

I am really surprised no one flies this great little wing, perfect take anywhere in the trunk kind of a thing, don't know what you are missing
Dan
Old 07-21-2010, 08:27 AM   #5
Chrisfly
RCC Contributor

I am: Chris P
Radio of choice:
Spektrum Dx8
# of RCs: 19

Total Props: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddruck View Post
I am really surprised no one flies this great little wing, perfect take anywhere in the trunk kind of a thing, don't know what you are missing
Dan
Dan

After your post I fired off an email asking what they charge to ship them. Or better still, do you know if you can get one locally? Preferably without paying some crazy uplift!

Chris
Old 07-21-2010, 09:21 AM   #6
ddruck
RCC Master Contributor

Radio of choice:
DX18, JR9503, JR9303,

I bought mine last year at http://leadingedgehobbies.com/ in Kingston, they only list the Megafly right now, that was discontinued, had some issues due to up-scaling, give them a call maybe they can get it for you, it was around 120 shipped last year.
Dan
Old 09-18-2010, 06:42 PM   #7
Kurtis
RCC Noob

Total Props: 0

I had a superfly and it was AWESOME. I essentially taught myself how to fly on it - not because it was particularly easy (although it isn't that hard to fly either), but it was tough. I flew it into the ground, trees, bushes, whatever so many times and I just picked it up and tossed it back into the air.

On 2s it's tame, but still lots of fun. On 3s it will go straight up and gives it more zip. I particularly enjoyed doing harriers with it low to the ground.

Unfortunatly, about a year ago I flew it too far away and lost it either in some woods or into the Rideau River here in Ottawa. I looked, but never found it.

I decided to try the Hyperflea out. It is still fun, but I preferred the Superfly, since it could carry a small camera, was more stable, easier to see at a distance. The Superfly will handle more wind as well. Ahh, now I want to order myself a new Superfly...

Shipping was $10 for the foam-only hyperflea kit, which isn't bad at all. The Superfly might be a bit more because the boz is bigger. Also, just buy the foam-only kit. You can find the motor and servos for cheaper elsewhere.
Kurtis is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in