Exhaust Manifolds - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Offroad RC Discussion RC Offroad chat for truggies, buggies, short-course and more. Topics may include brands like Associated, Kyosho, Tamiya, Axial, Traxxas and more.

Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2005, 06:04 PM   #1
PeanutButterJellyTime
RCC Supreme Contributor

Total Props: 0
Exhaust Manifolds

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I've decided that for racing I'm putting my TRX 2.5 (freshly rebuilt today) in my RC10GT seeing as my old engine is temporarily broken. The problem is I don't have an exhaust manifold that will work with it. It has a rear exhaust pipe, so I need a manifold that bolts on and turns a bit more then 90 degrees to the right (with the engine facing away). Any idea where I can get one of these? Is it possible to get a custom manifold done or make one? (there's a machine shop at our school)

Thanks, and other then this the engine fits perfectly.

1978 VW Type 1 (Super Beetle) Convertible
PeanutButterJellyTime is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 06-04-2005, 06:18 PM   #2
Abiye
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: joe blow

that's a pretty popular car... i'm sure there is a manifold you can get the will work with that engine...
Old 06-04-2005, 07:12 PM   #3
rubingolf

Talking

hey peanut you coming to belleville to practice tomorow?
rubingolf is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 06-04-2005, 09:24 PM   #4

Total Props: 57
does the LST's go the direction you need...it wraps around 90
Guest is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-04-2005, 09:32 PM   #5
ayk_driver
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Andrew C
Radio of choice:
Old School FM... Futaba mainly
# of RCs: 5+

u can make one but i dunno if it would turn out a good... u would probably wanna hit it with an hydraulic mandrel bender for smooth bends... best bet is to grab a rustler header... but im sure the mugen header would work (for the M12 i think it is)
Old 06-04-2005, 10:46 PM   #6
PeanutButterJellyTime
RCC Supreme Contributor

Thanks, I'll check all those out, the Team Associated website says you can't use a TRX engine in an RC10GT, but I don't see why not, all you need is the manifold, they even have instructions on how to install a slide carb.

1978 VW Type 1 (Super Beetle) Convertible
PeanutButterJellyTime is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-04-2005, 11:00 PM   #7
hyper7man

I've made a custom pipe/manifold. Used copper piping and sauldered each piece to make it fit like a glove. Looks sweet on my porsche body because after I made it split into duals after. It looks like the one you can buy for trucks...I''ll post pics soon! Looks Sweet, Sounds Mean!
hyper7man is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-04-2005, 11:11 PM   #8
ayk_driver
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Andrew C
Radio of choice:
Old School FM... Futaba mainly
# of RCs: 5+

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeanutButterJellyTime
Thanks, I'll check all those out, the Team Associated website says you can't use a TRX engine in an RC10GT, but I don't see why not, all you need is the manifold, they even have instructions on how to install a slide carb.
cranks r probably different so u will need a new clutch and assembly but u have that i assume?
Old 06-05-2005, 07:37 AM   #9
imported_VEN
RCC Supreme Contributor

wouldnt the copper unsaughter?
i've welded one before but it was for a boat and that thing is pretty much straight...except the increse/decrease in diameter...it didnt turn out very good though...its just one of those things i'd buy.
imported_VEN is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-05-2005, 08:16 AM   #10
imported_MaddMaxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeanutButterJellyTime
I've decided that for racing I'm putting my TRX 2.5 (freshly rebuilt today) in my RC10GT seeing as my old engine is temporarily broken. The problem is I don't have an exhaust manifold that will work with it. It has a rear exhaust pipe, so I need a manifold that bolts on and turns a bit more then 90 degrees to the right (with the engine facing away). Any idea where I can get one of these? Is it possible to get a custom manifold done or make one? (there's a machine shop at our school)

Thanks, and other then this the engine fits perfectly.
Hey Jelly,

Your stock AE mainfold for the stock RC10GT engine... is it a rear or side exhaust manifold?

If it's a rear exhaust manifold than won't it still fit over the rear exhust port on the TRX2.5 crankcase and instead of using the bolts just use a spring to attach it to the engine. Just like the exhuast set-up on .21 engines in MT's and Buggies?

If you need to buy a rear AE exhuast manifold then head over to Hobby Home to see if Ed has one for the RC10GT and see if it will fit the TRX2.5 rear exhaust port and like I mentioned before just you a exhaust retaining spring to attach it to the TRX2.5 engine.

I really don't think you need to make a custom made mainfold.

It can be confusing sometimes when Traxxas uses bolts to attach a manifold to the engine and all the other comnpanies uses a spring instead.

Hope this helps and hope Hobby Home has what you need.

Cheers.
imported_MaddMaxx is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in