Forget Lipo now H-cell ! - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Clubs, RC Tracks, Events & Bashing meets Radio Control Clubs in Canada Radio Control Offroad & Onroad Tracks. RC Car Races, Events & RC Bashing Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2006, 10:53 AM   #1
imported_paulrich

Total Props: 0
Exclamation Forget Lipo now H-cell !

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!

Check the video !

http://www.horizonfuelcell.com/rchobby.htm

H-cell R/C Hydrogen Power System

Named the"H-cell", the new R/C hobby power combines an ultra-compact air-cooled PEM fuel cell system with a scaled down fuel storage unit that can safely carry 20 to 40 liters of solid state hydrogen. Widely available 1/10th scale electric R/C cars will now be able to run on real automotive fuel cell power concepts at speeds reaching 35km/h, good acceleration, decreased hydrogen fuel consumption and increased power autonomy over conventional battery solutions. Designed to fit into the original 7.2V NiCad battery slot, the H-cell is designed as a futuristic power source using light emitting air cooling fans. Not limited to cars, the power unit will also be able to be used to power small boats, planes, and robots

Paul
------------------------
Wavetech r/c hobby shop
556 Champlain St, Dieppe
506-855-7285
imported_paulrich is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 12-08-2006, 11:48 AM   #2
imported_connected15
RCC Senior Contributor

that is so cool
eflite t-34
mini bcx
blade cx
mini-t
mini lst-mamba 25
rs4 mt 4wd racer
all controlled spektrum
imported_connected15 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-08-2006, 02:19 PM   #3
revo
RCC Contributor

thats sweet wish i had one for my science project
Pimped out Savage OS 30vg
Micro T

Caution Big Boy Playing With Big Toys Up Ahead
revo is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 12-11-2006, 09:07 PM   #4
MaxxMaster
RCC Contributor

I am: Johnno

That video dosen't really impress me as far as power output..

If there were a Li-Po battery in that car, it would be spinning all four's well past any speed seen in that video. With chemistries like Li-Mn starting to surface, safety is becoming a much smaller issue than it has been with Lithium-type batteries.

I admit it's a truely awesome idea; I hope it's a huge success eventaully. But I think it definetly needs some remodeling before the perfomance level will start turning heads..

-Johnno-MX-
MaxxMaster is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-11-2006, 10:49 PM   #5
imported_paulrich

True brushsless and lipo rocks. I think I am gona slap a brushless
motor and lipo on my back looks like lots of fun hehehe

ohh who wants to control the remote ? lol

for more

http://marksparaglidingpages.com/ind...ews&newsid=188
Old 12-12-2006, 02:58 PM   #6
imported_magyvermax

Talking

I Will !!!!
imported_magyvermax is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-12-2006, 03:03 PM   #7
imported_paulrich

hahaha I saw that one coming.

Paul.
Old 12-12-2006, 10:04 PM   #8
imported_paulrich

Update to the h-cell story

Fuel-Cell Powered R/C Car On Tap For 2007

A Horizon fuel-cell-powered R/C car Horizon Fuel Cell Technologies is developing a drop-in, hydrogen-powered fuel-cell unit to replace a standard battery pack in a popular line of 1/10th-scale remote-control cars.

The Chinese fuel-cell supplier is developing a drop-in replacement for the popular Tamiya TT-01 remote-control car chassis as well as other "bathtub" 1/10th car chasses, the company disclosed on its Web site.

Hobbyists interested in replacing a conventional 7.2-volt battery with the "H-cell" 30-watt fuel-cell option can sign up on the company's waiting list, which allows a customer to be notified when the unit is ready to ship. Horizon promises that the R/C cars will be able to reach speeds of 35 kilometers per hour, and run for between 30 to 45 minutes on a single tank of fuel.

According to a company spokesman, however, the unit won't come cheap; although final pricing has yet to be determined, the H-Cell will be priced at around $1,500 for the fuel-cell unit alone. It will ship sometime in early 2007, the spokesman said.
Old 12-12-2006, 10:09 PM   #9
Mr X
RCC Master Contributor

I am: sir rcalot

that paragliding backpackthing will make a nice explosion when all them lipos hit the ground hard. but i think i saw too many of those explodin lipo videos

as for that fuel cell thing they are being used in real cars for saving gasoline. i dont think alcohol is in any danger of ending, how else would people get wasted with legal things? its a good concept for a real car but for rc cars i will stick with either an inneficient nitro engine or use a brushless with li po if i want electric power. in my opinion its more of a novelty toy, just like those hats with 2 beer cans on both sides and tubes going to your mouth.

if you care about the invironment and want to use a environment friendly rc car, dont get an rc car.
Mr X is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-19-2006, 06:48 PM   #10
MaxxMaster
RCC Contributor

I am: Johnno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_X
if you care about the invironment and want to use a environment friendly rc car, dont get an rc car.
I completely agree.
I can see this technology used in everyday things.. for people that just want to get from point A to point B...

but for most car enthauseists, and RC racers, we just want every last bit of raw power we can get our hands on, for the lowest price we can get it.

We want to have fun, not be efficient. Besides, if mainstream transportation/companies become so much more efficient, us guys that still use combustion/chemicals for power will only be a tiny blip on the map compared to the problems we're apperantly getting ourselves into currently, with global warming.

-Johnno-MX-
MaxxMaster is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in