what motor - Page 3 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Nitro, Gas, Lipo chat (RC Car & Truck) All things related to Nitro, Electric & Gas motors... Tuning, experiences, setups and more.

Old 11-22-2010, 10:08 PM   #21
kennysteez
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: kenny s

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
uhh now im kinda lost lol
kennysteez is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 11-22-2010, 10:37 PM   #22
Nick411
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: Nicholas S.
Radio of choice:
Radiopost
# of RCs: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Henry View Post
Wow you are new to nitro!
YA THINK!

[QUOTE=uhh now im kinda lost lol[/QUOTE]

The motor you chouse is really dictated on you budget, what you can get on a regular basis (ie. parts support) an what motor people are running so you can get advice from them, and realy after that it's up to you, if your short list is made up of realy good established companies than you realy can't go wrong with any of them.

On temporary leave.....be back soon!
Nick411 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-22-2010, 10:48 PM   #23
imported_maximus
RCC Junior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Henry View Post
Ding ding ding ...... we have a winner!
For sure ! I wouldn't want to tell someone anything different...

However with that being said it has to be said that most people at the tracks are there for reasons other then trying to win the A-Main...Many guys are just average Joe gear heads like me, and like to have exotic and unique engines whether they are necessary or not...Just like the guys putting mod chips in their diesel pickup trucks, its not needed, but its still a popular product...I will never claim that one of my engines will make you a faster racer or anything like that, but I can promise that my modified engines are truly modified engines that will deliver performance you will not find from an off the shelf engine..Some guys are into engines, some are into decals, some are into winning the A-Main.. many different things draw us to the hobby ....For those of you who are engine guys like me then you will understand where I am coming from ! your either born a gearhead, or your not..

Also I will say that my engines are modified to make power, they do usually get great mileage and are great track engines, but make no mistake about it, they are modified to make power and RPM....There are already piles of top quality race mills on the market perfectly capable of doing the intended job , but I am one of the only guys offering engines truly modified for power first..there is absolutely zero snake oil here !.
imported_maximus is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 11-22-2010, 10:54 PM   #24
kennysteez
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: kenny s

ha ha man i love the rc family
kennysteez is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-22-2010, 11:01 PM   #25
imported_maximus
RCC Junior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennysteez View Post
ha ha man i love the rc family
many different things appeal to people differently.... best bet is to always have a neutral point of view and always respect other choices people have made... Every track I go to I always let guys test drive my rigs...most guys absolutely love the feel and sound of my engines, but some others find them too much, I worry about taking care of those who like my products, and respect those who do not ! its all good to me ! I know what I like, and nobody is going to convince me any differently.... After running mod engines for years, I find zero satisfaction running most of the stock engines, they just seem far too conservative for my taste..But as I say, to each their own ! .....
imported_maximus is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-01-2010, 08:29 PM   #26
imported_Nitro Newf
RCC Junior Contributor

The Dynamite and Losi engines are made by SH Engines. Yes they are affordable, durable and easy to tune. There is a Distributor in Alberta for SH Engines. Parts and Support are close. The SH PT2009XB is an awesome engine or if you want insane power try the SH PT28XM1-P8 8-Port .28.
imported_Nitro Newf is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-02-2010, 12:16 AM   #27
big_bg
RCC Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro Newf View Post
The Dynamite and Losi engines are made by SH Engines. Yes they are affordable, durable and easy to tune. There is a Distributor in Alberta for SH Engines. Parts and Support are close. The SH PT2009XB is an awesome engine or if you want insane power try the SH PT28XM1-P8 8-Port .28.
The Losi Nitrotec Engine is made by Nova Rossi for losi the rest of the losi and dynamite engines are made by SH

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in