HET ARF Microbipe. - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Electric Flight Discuss Electric Flight in Canada

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2004, 12:39 AM   #1
oilman

Total Props: 0
HET ARF Microbipe.

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Well I'm never happy unless I have multiple projects on the go.

So started anouther today.

This microbipe has been calling to me every time I pass the box.

I had put servos in my RBC LA5. But theres really no where to fly something this fast here. At least with small open spaces we have I had better practice a lot more. So pulled the servos back out again.

Anyway this is supposed to be a Microbipe thread.

So got everything out of the box and spent a little time going over the instructions.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bipe..jpg
Views:	172
Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	3563  
oilman is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 07-11-2004, 09:50 PM   #2
matteo
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: matt s

Well I figure if I have more then one project going at one time i'm crashing to much, but thats just me. Anyway I like the short fuse on these planes looks cool how stubby it is.

Matteo
matteo is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-11-2004, 10:18 PM   #3
oilman

Just trimming the servos on the Bipe. post a bunch of pics shortly.

Metteo, did you solder up Crisses controler for him?

Oily

Old 07-11-2004, 10:24 PM   #4
matteo
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: matt s

Ya I do more soldering for him then for myself, i should ask for money.

Matteo
matteo is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-11-2004, 10:32 PM   #5
Chris Cann
RCC Supreme Contributor

haha i have offered you money or trade for stuff!
Chris Cann is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-11-2004, 11:17 PM   #6
oilman

Just deduct his soldering from your high risk photo taking.

oily.
Old 07-11-2004, 11:25 PM   #7
oilman

Ok so the planes ready to fly... or crash as the case may be.

Took me all day. A little here a little there. But other than setting up the ESC and some fine tuneing shes ready to go.

Heres a quick look at whats involved.

The planes set up for four micro servos. I had two HS55 and one GWS naro BB available.

I installed the Ruder and elevators first. Had to enlarge servo tray hole lightly to get the two HS55 in.

Then glued the lower wing in with 5 min epoxy. Removed some covering that was in the way for a good bond. As you can see servo pockets face down.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1_198.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	63.3 KB
ID:	3585   Click image for larger version

Name:	2_950.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	48.3 KB
ID:	3586   Click image for larger version

Name:	3_719.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	53.4 KB
ID:	3587  
Old 07-11-2004, 11:32 PM   #8
oilman

The wing struts were a horror show. My bad building skills. I'm glad it wasn't a triplane!

The wing struts come covered so you must strip the ends a little bit. There are pockets for all the struts to plug into. I had planed to dry fit everything and double triple check the fit of everything. But some how I found myself trying to plug the upper wing in with epoxy and nothing was fitting and the epoxy was flashing and getting ALL OVER THE PLACE. Ahh before trying to do this step plug everything together without glue. You may have to shorten those struts slightly to get a perfect fit.

Also work in a well ventilated area. Or silly things like the following start happening.

I got everything together. Although with a nuetral wing angle. Then in my glue induced hase misread the directions. (I was rereading while I waited for the glue to dry) I thought I had the trailing edge to high and panicked. I grabbed the side cutters and shortened the trailing wing struts. Started mking preperations to reglue with a lower trailing edge. looked at the instructions again then decided I had it right the first time. Started swearing stomping. Swearing. pacing. Anyway now my rear struts are spliced and ugly. But what can you do.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	6_151.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	3588  
Old 07-11-2004, 11:33 PM   #9
oilman

Ailerons and horisontal stab com pre sloted and CA hinges inclued.

Even so I had a fun time. More swearing. I HATE HINGES!. Why can't arfs come with this part done already!.

Hint. Slide the higes into the slots slightly then apply CA and push in. Otherwise wile your trying to push in hinges wet with CA the CA tends to glue closed the slots before you can get the hinges slotted. Very frustrating.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	4_672.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	48.9 KB
ID:	3589  
Old 07-11-2004, 11:34 PM   #10
oilman

The vertical stab came with rudder glued on and covering done one piece over top. So cut the rudder off. Both the vertical and horisontal just push into slots in the rear of fuse. The tail landing skid is bent at the top so as to be icorperated into the rudder. I just snipped that top bend off and stuck the wire into the rear of the use with some epoxy. Front landing gear is held in wit ha screw and light ply washer. I held the wheels on with some Dubro Goldenrad inner rod. Or in other words some plastic tube pushed on the end of the axle. I had to cut little slots in the elevator and rudder to except the control horns. And held them in with epoxy. Also bent in a Z bend on the control wires for tweeking latter on. So were off to instal the control horns on the ailerons.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in