RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2007, 02:35 PM   #11
Randy Brown
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Randy Brown

Total Props: 4

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Mr Pratt.. Your style isnt everyones

and I said do it the LEGAL way

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 03-31-2007, 03:58 PM   #12

Total Props: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Brown
Mr Pratt.. Your style isnt everyones

and I said do it the LEGAL way
Nothing to do with anyone’s style Randy if your sponsored you should be able to stand up to the scrutiny of your sponsor after all it’s your responsibility to represent them in the manner they approve is it not. I'm sorry if this topic touches to close to home for you.

Dennis
Guest is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-02-2007, 11:04 AM   #13
geomar
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: George M

Total Props: 0
I am with dennis , that is the proper way < the sponsors should know if the sponsoree is not up to snuff .
geomar
geomar is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 04-02-2007, 01:52 PM   #14
Brian Facey

Always Flying
Please don't take this as a personal criticism, but no one should be making remarks like this--- "never know what lie he might try next."

Only Shaneo and GSXR know the details of their communications or lack thereof. Comments on our part about a persons honesty or morality are really out of place here. I have seen this on forums entirely too often. It's pure speculation on our parts.
None of us can say who is in the morale right or wrong here because we don't know the intimate details. Lets leave it to them to figure this one out without our own grossly uninformed personal opinions clouding the issue.

Thanks guys
Brian Facey is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-02-2007, 03:20 PM   #15

I think it's stupid that the thread where shane was asking for hlep was closed. If RC Canada is going to provide a section (classifieds) where members can buy and sell, then it should also allow threads to remain open when there is a problem.
Shane was not slanderous in his "help" thread nor was he making claims about gsxr that he did in fact rip him off. He was asking for help in contacting that person because he could not get in touch and did have some problems that he wanted to discuss. He did NOT start a post saying "XXXXX TOTALLY SCREWED ME" or anything like that. If gsxr made "legal threats" towards RCCanada I'd like to know what they are. There is nothing he could do when it comes to a public forum UNLESS the forum was allowing somebody to make false accusations or slander that person. Even then, a simple PM to admin SHOULD be able to get things cleared up. People these days LOVE to throw out the "I'll get my lawyer afer you" BS all the time. I think it's a damn shame that the thread where a member in good standing on RCCanada is asking for help contacting somebody else gets closed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin
First of all, you didn't deal with a guy from RCCanada. You dealt with a person who had a membership on RCCanada.

RCCanada is simply the medium provided to put RC hobbyists in touch with each other. 99% of deals that come through here do not have any problems.
If you were not satisfied with the deal you made, it's up to you to contact the seller. You say you tried to call him, he says you didn't. I am not here to referee a 'he said - she said' dispute. Call him and discuss like a couple of grown men and I'm sure you will come to an agreement.

Jason
RCCanada
RCCanada is indeed the medium provided to put RC hobbyists in touch with each other, so why would a thread get closed when somebody is asking for help to get in contact with somebody else. Nobody has asked ANYONE to be a referee. It's one member who was asking for help contacting another. gsxr had every opportunity to post and state his side of the case. He was here viewing, posting on other sites, but yet never took the time to say anything here. Shane has stated he has tried emailing, PMing, and calling, pretty hard to come to an agreement when those options have been done and the next best venue to go down closes the thread where you're asking people for help..........
Old 04-02-2007, 07:02 PM   #16
moo
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: eric q
Radio of choice:
Turborix
# of RCs: too

Total Props: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by admin
First of all, you didn't deal with a guy from RCCanada. You dealt with a person who had a membership on RCCanada.

His membership has been suspended for making legal threats. His threats themselves are not the reason his account was suspended. He had his account suspended because I can't stand people who threaten to 'get their lawyer involved' when they don't get their way.

<snip>
If someone says lawyer at me, I tell them not to talk to me, tell them to get off my property or face trespassing charges, and give them the name of my attorney.

Jason is fully correct, this is private property here. Sort of.
Old 04-02-2007, 08:33 PM   #17
geomar
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: George M

haha thats good , i agree , as for this issue < well it is out in the open now and it is up the defendee to deal with it , I know shane and have never met a more stand up guy . You may be correct about slamming on here , but the fact still remains , we have heard nothing from gsxr , if it was me being called out (politly) i would stand up to the call ?? even more so if I though I was right??????
Cheers
Geomar
geomar is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-02-2007, 09:34 PM   #18
Dave Holmes
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Dave Holmes
Location: Prince Edward County, Ontario (no longer Brampton!)
Radio of choice:
Futaba 72 Mhz
# of RCs: 30+

Total Props: 16
This is Jason's sandbox, and if we want to play in it, we play by his rules.

End of story.

You do a great job keeping the sandbox tidy, Jason.

The older I get, the better I used to be!
Dave Holmes is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-02-2007, 09:39 PM   #19
chuck_zc
RCC Expert Contributor

I am: Charlie L.
Radio of choice:
Spectrum

Total Props: 2
I think the cat pooped in the corner
chuck_zc is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-12-2007, 04:08 PM   #20

So at the risk of rocking the boat, not that I'm worried about it, did you ever get ahold of gsxr and get things sorted out Shane?
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in