2009 Endurance race report for Team Jammin - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Car & Truck discussion General Discussion about R/C topics

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2009, 09:39 PM   #1

Total Props: 57
2009 Endurance race report for Team Jammin

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Hardcore RC Endurance race report... (Team Jammin Drivers - Derek Sousa and Calvin Mercer) - with substitute drivers Rick Endler and Jamie McNeil

The warm up was started by Derek Sousa as he would be the first from the team to run for 50mins. Derek had a great start and quickly carved his way into the 2nd position and also during his run clocked the fastest lap that the other teams couldn't beat throughout the entire 5hr race, but just after the third pit stop for fuel (23mins into the race) the unlucky chain of events would begin to pledge the final outcome of our overall result. We had our first problem... a flame-out losing 1 lap to the field. Derek continued and finished his first run sitting in 4th. Next up on the driver's stand was Rick Endler, he also drove well but the engine lost its tune due to climate change. We replaced the glow plug's temperature in efforts to increase performance. We repeatedly tried to get the engine tuned during Rick's time on the driver's stand but had to pit several times. We lost 4th and was placed in 5th at this time had the engine tuned for our third driver Jamie McNeil. Jamie also drove well but the engine didn't seem to be performing at its optimum and we assumed it was having some clutch issues. Jamie continued to drive his best and battled for position several times but sadly WE fell from 5th position back to 6th. Next to hit the track was myself and we knew that the clutch might be the problem but we agreed to continued the race until it had complete clutch failure. This decision may have been our down fall for any potential podium finishes because as the buggy started to become very difficult to drive it couldn't withstand the pressure on the drive train... entering the back straight-a-way the rear differential's pinion gear stripped.... We quickly removed the buggy from the track and after several minutes and precious laps we decided to replace the entire engine/pipe combo which had new clutch setup already install and the entire rear of the buggy. We now found ourselves sitting 7th and was convinced we were no longer in contention for the top five teams to finish. We continued on in the efforts to just finish the 5hrs, but had one last failure hit us. It was the clutch bearings on the backup engine!! We were not sure of why they failed but reluctantly replaced the bearings. We were able to cycle through all of our team's drivers and managed to finish the grueling 5 hour Endurance Race at Hardcore RC in 6th positions with 318 laps completed.

Special Thanks to Victor Garcia at Precision Hobbies for supplying the Jammin X2 Buggy, Proline Racing for the new set of tires, S&W Fuels for the 2 gallons also thanks Tony Sousa for his preparation of the Jammin X2 Buggy and of course I'd like to thank the drivers that raced and represented Precision Hobbies and Jammin Products - Derek Sousa - Jamie McNeil - Rick Endler. We did the best we could and despite the issues we had we really enjoyed racing and had alot of fun!!!

Congratulations to all that finished this race and we hope to enter next year's Enduro learning from those who stood on the Podium this year!!
Thank You Hardcore RC for providing a first class race track!!
Guest is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 10-04-2009, 09:50 PM   #2
imported_Savvy4.6X
!!! CONFIRM YOUR ACCOUNT !!!

Total Props: 0
Congrats

Way to go guys!
imported_Savvy4.6X is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-04-2009, 10:14 PM   #3
imported_shipwama
RCC Contributor

Great Report Calvin, great job for team jamin
imported_shipwama is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 10-05-2009, 08:22 AM   #4
imported_BBFBCAP
RCC Supreme Contributor

Very well written Cal, and way to go guys!
imported_BBFBCAP is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-05-2009, 02:35 PM   #5
CRUSHER
RCC Supreme Contributor

Thanks for having me out Calvin.

It was nice to see everyone again...

I must also say it was nice not to have any real big bobbles during my driving time, I was really concerned I wasn't going to be able to drive anymore.

My teammates for the day all drove very well but it just wasn't in the cards for us... between the motor issues then clutch and the rear end. All in all it was still a good day as the rain held off for the most part.

Thanks again go out to Vic and the Jammin crew... I'm sure it will go much better the next time around.

Congrats go out to all the teams that participated, just to make your cars last that long is a feat in itself.

Maybe I will be back next year to race more often...
CRUSHER is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-05-2009, 03:21 PM   #6
2QK4U
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: DerekS
Radio of choice:
Airtronics

Total Props: 1
Ya great report Calvin I had alot of fun and can't wait to do it next year again despite the issues we had, motor swap. Thanks to Rick, Jamie and Calvin for all of their hard work and great driving. Also to my dad for preparing the car and supporting me. Congrats to winners and see you guys next year!
2QK4U is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in