Safety Officer Job Description - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2004, 06:09 PM   #11
Bryan Mailloux
RCC Master Contributor

I am: Bryan M

Total Props: 2
s.o

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Safety Officer. The Safety Officer shall:
act as an adjudicator in reports of unsafe acts by club members. The Safety Officer will interview all involved in the incident and report to the club Executive.

This was just discussed in the past few club meetings. The main point that was discussed was that each person is responsible for each of there own actions to provide a safe and enjoyable sport.

Quote:
If I'm understanding the club's direction correctly, we see the s.o. being something of an arbiter of questions related to safety issues; someone to encourage and foster safe practice -- and not a zealot with some kind of special powers that will allow folks to fly.
I couldn't agree more.
All of these points were discussed in our seach for a discription of the S.O

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 03-16-2004, 06:18 PM   #12
VE1FH

Total Props: 0
Thanks Bryan, very helpful.
VE1FH is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-17-2004, 10:36 AM   #13
Sideslip

Re: Oh there is light at the end of the tunnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broken Arrow
......everyone should be thier own Safety Officer.

I certainly agree with that sentiment.

Our club has a safety Officer, but his job does not entail policing or overseeing day to day safe operations at the field. The Safety Officer's task is to periodically review the club's specific safety rules, and based on his general experience, his experience at the field, and the input of club members, to make recommendations for changes or improvements to the posted safety rules.

In the end, any changes end up being a collective decision of the Club's Executive Committee, but it is useful to have a person who is assigned to keep these specific issues top of mind and report to the Executive.

Otherwise, it is every club member's responsibility to follow the safety rules, and ensure that those around them do likewise.
Sideslip is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 03-17-2004, 11:46 AM   #14
Randy Brown
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Randy Brown

Total Props: 4
I always thought it you wanted to be the Saftey Officer of your club and police it at the field.. You might as well run for President of MAAC

LOL

Not this guy

Randy
Old 03-17-2004, 06:01 PM   #15
VE1FH

This is worth a second or third look ...

I think this approach has a lot going for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideslip
Our club has a safety Officer, but his job does not entail policing or overseeing day to day safe operations at the field. The Safety Officer's task is to periodically review the club's specific safety rules, and based on his general experience, his experience at the field, and the input of club members, to make recommendations for changes or improvements to the posted safety rules.
Seems to be an emerging theme here and in other correspondence I've had on the matter. Is it written down or is it a kind of accepted thing that's emerged over time?

Quote:
In the end, any changes end up being a collective decision of the Club's Executive Committee, but it is useful to have a person who is assigned to keep these specific issues top of mind and report to the Executive.
I like that approach. Seems to me that puts the appropriate 'spin' on the matter ... let's keep safety "top of mind."

Quote:
Otherwise, it is every club member's responsibility to follow the safety rules, and ensure that those around them do likewise.
So it's part of the Club's culture that members reinfoce good safety behaviours and correct lapses?

Excellent comments ... much appreciated.

John
VE1FH is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in