Hitec Aurora 9 or jr9503 2.4g - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Electronics Discuss radios, chargers, etc...

Old 02-11-2011, 02:01 PM   #11
stegl
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Len S
Radio of choice:
DS16 Jeti and Airtronics SD-6
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 136
Re: Hitec Aurora 9 or jr9503 2.4g

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBreeze View Post
I have the older JR9303 and love it! However, do some research on the future of Spektrum/JR and the DSM2 framework, and then determine for yourself what you want to do. Some say DSM2 will become outdated eventually in favour of FHSS (what Futaba, Hitec, Airtronics uses), while some say DSM2 is here to stay!

I'm still not sure who to believe yet! For now, DSM2 has been rock solid for me....
Currently JR and Specktrum are DSSS or sometimes called DSM2 / Futaba is FASST / Hitec is AFHSS and Airtronics is the only FHSS system at the moment but yes you are right that JR is switching to FHSS system, sometime in the near future but Specktrum so far is not; according what I have read in RCGROUPS ; but then I find that Spectrum will be right behind JR as they are the same company. The DSM2/DSSS being the most trouble prone and the FASST and FHSS being the best interference blocker. At least that is the way I read it.

Last edited by stegl; 02-11-2011 at 02:07 PM.
stegl is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 02-11-2011, 02:44 PM   #12
Mr-Mustang
RCC Apprentice

I am: Mr-Mustang

Total Props: 2

Check it out.
Service Bulletin SD10G 11-17-2010

http://www.airtronics.net/SD10GSB-11-17-2010
Mr-Mustang is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-11-2011, 03:56 PM   #13
stegl
RCC Supreme Contributor

Radio of choice:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr-Mustang View Post
Check it out.

You betcha; sent mine in before Christmas as it was one of the series listed. There was never any problem with the 10 channel receivers but only a posibility if a small glitch only on the 8 channel receivers if more than one flyer up at the same time. I flew a couple of 8 channels all last summer and nary a glitch. At least they didn't wait until problems developed ( crashes) before the notification. I call that service over and above the call of duty. Let's say brand X has been having problems with their binding and other issue which years later are still happening and still not fixed . That is another reason I had confidence in Airtronics in the first place. All you have to do is follow the forums in RCCANADA and RCGROUPS to see what I mean. I believe Aurora has also had issues that are being corrected.

Last edited by stegl; 02-14-2011 at 10:45 AM.

Old 02-14-2011, 02:44 AM   #14
4*60
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: DSM
Radio of choice:
Radiomaster, Taranis
# of RCs: 14

Total Props: 199

FYI Hitec has the buy a TX and rx and get a free rx and another for "half" price in a mail-in.

Spektrum has now announced DSMX.
Old 03-03-2011, 10:40 PM   #15
stegl
RCC Supreme Contributor

Radio of choice:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr-Mustang View Post
Check it out.

Oh by the way ; All Current Airtronics SD-10G being shipped (as of January 2011)now have the issue resolved . They sure didn't waste any time ; not like some others. The issue was not the 10 channel transmitter and 10 channel receivers but when used with the 1st generation 8 channel receivers there was a "slight possibility" of minor glitches if a lot of Airtronics 2.4 flying at the same time. Sent mine in and had issue resolved but never had any glitches with either the 5 , 6 or 8 ch receivers . Had another guy send his new 8 ch Futaba back and ordered a SD-10G Air.
Old 03-04-2011, 05:47 AM   #16
cloudniner
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: Richard N
Radio of choice:
Graupner MC28 & MC20 & MZ-32
# of RCs: 24

Total Props: 32
Smile Re: Hitec Aurora 9 or jr9503 2.4g

The Spektrum/JR Tx upgrades to DSMX are available now. Lots of DSMX receivers are available now.
cloudniner is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-06-2011, 06:39 PM   #17
stegl
RCC Supreme Contributor

Radio of choice:

I might also add that a lot of people shopping for a new higher end 2.4 Radio system have never looked at the Airtronics SD-10G system. Take the time to look into it. Also google and see what you can find on the manual. Another google you can try is "airtronics sd-10g" and there is over a 100 pages of mostly likes and a few dislikes dislike and other comments on this fantastic radio . But for most part the general rule is" you can have my wife but you won't get my SD-10G back". The manual has a very extensive easy to program list for airplanes, helis and gliders. The programers have not thought of everything and every day on the Airtronics website users are coming up with new ideas for programming so the radio is well ahead in the onboard software and capabilities are pretty much limitless.

Last edited by stegl; 03-06-2011 at 06:47 PM.
Old 03-06-2011, 08:53 PM   #18
3dflyer
RCC Expert Contributor

I am: marc.c
Radio of choice:
hitec a9,jr 9303
# of RCs: 20

Total Props: 0

i just purchased a new hitec aurora and i,m happy with it ,i have been a jr fan since being in the hobby and like all the features the aurora offers,plus the free receiver after sending in the coupon.also as mentioned the module,receivers and transmitters are all upgradable through our computers at home,no sending in to the service centers for upgrades.this is why hitec sat back and watched what other radio companies where doing to see what problems they would have or bugs so to speak.hitec did their homework on their new line of radios,plus the user friendly sofware ,touch screen, also the price for all the extra features .i still like my jr equipment ,but i wanted to try something different.

life begins under 10ft and ends at ground zero.
fly it like you hate it.
troy built sponsored pilot.
cambrain rc flyers
3dflyer is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-06-2011, 11:36 PM   #19
stegl
RCC Supreme Contributor

Radio of choice:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dflyer View Post
i just purchased a new hitec aurora and i,m happy with it ,i have been a jr fan since being in the hobby and like all the features the aurora offers,plus the free receiver after sending in the coupon.also as mentioned the module,receivers and transmitters are all upgradable through our computers at home,no sending in to the service centers for upgrades.this is why hitec sat back and watched what other radio companies where doing to see what problems they would have or bugs so to speak.hitec did their homework on their new line of radios,plus the user friendly sofware ,touch screen, also the price for all the extra features .i still like my jr equipment ,but i wanted to try something different.
Yup ; Heard what you are saying ; but my only question did you ever REALLY look at the Airtronics DS-10G ? The people that really look at the programming buy them . All the receivers are top end stuff and Airtronics do not have to give them away to make a sale.
Old 03-07-2011, 05:37 AM   #20

Total Props: 57

The only radio system I have not owned is the Spectrum/JR stuff. Found the Futaba, Airtronics and Hitec stuff on 2.4 just fine. Sold my Airtronics when I purchased my Aurora. I like the radio better than the Airtronics and found it much easier to program and I like the touch screen. I use all Hitec servos any how and have for years. I have found service from Hitec when you need it is the best of all of them. Even their trainer cord comes with all the ends to plug in to every Hitec radio made. Their receivers are the most reasonable of all the brands and pre 2.4 many JR/Futaba users used the Hitec receivers in their planes. I can honestly say I have never been disappointed with Hitec. I liked the Airtronics it seemed bullet proof. I just thought it would be too expensive to switch everything over. I would still recommend Hitec over Airtronics simply because it is not a familiar radio within the club. It’s a big plus to have others who are familiar with the operation of your equipment if you run into a problem.

Dennis
Guest is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in