SAVAGE-X owners - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Car & Truck discussion General Discussion about R/C topics

Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2006, 05:31 PM   #1
imported_RC-SUPERMAN

Total Props: 0
SAVAGE-X owners

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Did a deal with a guy from this sight and I got myself a Savage-X. Any comments, tips from anyone who has one. Please no opinions from anyone who does not or has not owned one. I am looking for "real Life" tips, tricks, comments etc.....
imported_RC-SUPERMAN is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 05-19-2006, 05:35 PM   #2
POWLING
Resident complainer

i bought the upgrade kit for it and i must say its awesome. i havent had a chance to run it yet but some great little details added. like the easy access diffs. one thing i really liked was the fact that becasue of the lowered plates, they designed it so that you dont have to grind the rear bulk to fit the rotostart shaft in.....i will let you know how it runs, breaking in new engine tomorrow
POWLING is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-19-2006, 05:47 PM   #3
imported_RC-SUPERMAN

POWLING....Whats the upgrade kit for it, or do you mean you bought the kit to turn your Regualr savage into a savage x??

Old 05-19-2006, 05:58 PM   #4
imported_packetloss
RCC Contributor

Its prob. the savage X conversion for the non Savage X's. I'm gonna do the savage x bulkhead conversion.
Old 05-19-2006, 06:04 PM   #5
POWLING
Resident complainer

yeah thats what it is....thats why its a convertion to the Savage X...you wouldnt convert a Savage X to a Savage X
POWLING is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-20-2006, 04:34 PM   #6
imported_RC-SUPERMAN

Hey Guys. I had a chance to get my Savage-x out for the first time today. Had to mess around with it to shift properly, but after that it was awsome. I set it up for max ground clearance with the spacers on the shocks too. So it was what I would call at its worst for handling but at its best for offroading without bottoming out. Even set up so high it would walk all over a stock savage 25. It handles very, very good for a true Monster truck. I must admit that I have stated a few times that there are plenty of trucks out there that are much better than the savage. This it tru, but the savage-x is one tuff contender. It took a licking today and just begged for more. I still love me Hotbodies for bashing cause it just handles so much better and its the tuffest truck I have ever owned, but its not a true Monster truck. As for True Mt bashing, the savage-x is tops on my list as of right now. I saw the conversion kit for sale for $150, Its worth every penny, you wont be dissapointed. I read on some forums that people didnt think it was going to be as tuff as the regular Savage. I think its actually even tuffer and of course lighter and hendles way better.
Old 05-20-2006, 04:36 PM   #7
imported_packetloss
RCC Contributor

damn nice call on the savage X, glad you like it lots. lol mine is MIA with toasted shoes, now awaiting for mugen clutch setup
Old 05-21-2006, 02:18 PM   #8
imported_VIPER
RCC Master Contributor

I am: Jun
Radio of choice:
Fly Sky GT3B and TH9X
# of RCs: 22

Buy the Ofna shoes and bell. You won't be disappointed.
http://globalservices.globalhobby.com/globalforum/viewtopic.php?p=15362#15362[/url]
imported_VIPER is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in