T maxx aftermarket chassis??? - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Car & Truck discussion General Discussion about R/C topics

Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2004, 04:03 AM   #1
BCMaxx

Total Props: 0
T maxx aftermarket chassis???

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Good to see some other Maxx posts on the site. I have a question about what chassis you are running on your maxx?

I have a Dynamite chassis that has had a crack in it for too long to really be thinking it's going to last many more hard days.

I was wondering what chassis is a good option to be found here in Canada. Figured maybe saving having to bring anything across the border.

Thanks for the replies and great site .
BCMaxx is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 09-06-2004, 08:09 AM   #2

Total Props: 57
Wow how did you crack it?
I have a racers edge chassis.
but its a few years old...
There are a number of new ones that are priced right
are you running a big block(>.21) or small(<.21)?

Check out ebay first though...they have some interesting stuff that
is reasonably priced.
Guest is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-06-2004, 08:13 AM   #3
ayk_driver
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Andrew C
Radio of choice:
Old School FM... Futaba mainly
# of RCs: 5+

wow u really beat on ur truck eh? lol

i have a stock chassis but a "custom" will be in the works soon (come on machine shop class!)

if ur looking for another dynamite chassis and cant find one in ur area check out www.greathobbies.com they have dynamite and r great to deal with

Old 09-06-2004, 03:06 PM   #4
BCMaxx

Thanks for the replies guys.

Yes I am fairly hard on my truck and broke the stocker within a few weeks of purchasing my maxx and bought the dynamite because it was in stock. The Dynamite has lasted over a year since the stocker but it's time is pretty much up.

The Stocker broke the bulkhead tabs off and the Dynamite has a crack leading right into the rear bulkhead tab hole.

The racers edge chassis is one that I would consider picking up.

I'd be really interested in any chassis's that are even in stock somewhere in a shop here in canada that I might be able to order if I knew the name of the shop and what chassis it is ?

I like many of the race style chassis's but I also run a rustler tank and many of them simply have a full cutout under the battery box which is where I have my tank mounted.

Any help from back east or out west would be greatly appreciated in finding a chassis ....... I figured maybe someone here has seen a good chassis in stock and this would help me tons.

ooops almost forgot ..... I am probably one of the last people still impressed with the 2.5 as a powerplant so it would be a regular length chassis. ( my reason being I like the power I can get from the 2.5 without having to go crazy beefing up diffs , tranny gears , and cvd's adding weight to the truck)

Thanks again I appreciate your taking the time .
Old 09-06-2004, 04:06 PM   #5

well, when the 2.5 finally goes for a s#$t and believe me it will be sooner than later look to the OS CVRX. It's 189 at great hobbies and provides a pile of power without having to spend a ton of money on drive line. I'm picking oneup in the next day or so. FPMECH has one in his maxx and it goes like snot
  Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-06-2004, 07:13 PM   #6
BCMaxx

That's why I said one of the few who still likes the 2.5 lol. I know there aren't that many of us around.

I know many have their troubles with the 2.5 but I have always had very good luck with them. I usually get over 8 gallons per motor....I say per motor because new 2.5's can be found so cheap that it's literally the same cost as replacing a piston and sleeve in anything else.

I'll have to post a video of it in action ....to be honest a good pipe and airfilter combo really make this motor come to life.

I know now I'm the weird new guy who likes 2.5's hahaha

thanks Fozzy
Old 09-06-2004, 07:35 PM   #7

Total Props: 57
Add me to that list..I think its a good engine too....speaking of fpmech you wanna sell that one yet
Guest is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-06-2004, 08:55 PM   #8
BCMaxx

Well that makes three of us lol.

Just kidding.

Anyone seen any Maxx chassis's in your local shop? Sorry I'm starting to get desperate trying to find one in Canada. Just a shame to have to order from the states when I know there is some Hobby Shop Owner who'd love to unload a chassis.

Thanks again gang.
Old 09-07-2004, 10:15 AM   #9
ayk_driver
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Andrew C
Radio of choice:
Old School FM... Futaba mainly
# of RCs: 5+

i still luv my 2.5 to bad i cant get it tuned rite...
Old 09-07-2004, 02:19 PM   #10
venom813
RCC Senior Contributor

Count me in as one having trouble tuning my 2.5. I heard a lot of good things about the OS 10D carb and I saw one on ebay a while ago so I won the auction. I am still fine tuning the adjustments of the hardware for the carb, but all seems ok. My T-Maxx also was the first nitro RC that I have owned. I also did not know anyone who had a hobby level RC when I got mine.
venom813 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in