Where Is Our Hobby Going ( Offroad ) ? - Page 5 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Car & Truck discussion General Discussion about R/C topics

View Poll Results: Where Is Our Hobby Heading ( Offroad ) ??
Heading Forward 34 47.22%
Staying Where It Is 18 25.00%
Going Down Hill 20 27.78%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-21-2010, 07:39 PM   #41
imported_BBFBCAP
RCC Supreme Contributor

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stalker View Post
LOL That is funny stuff!!! Thanks for the laugh to start my Monday!
Hey Felix! SMFB!!!
imported_BBFBCAP is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 06-21-2010, 08:26 PM   #42
Stalker
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Jeff F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeddddd View Post
now if only my new Mspec would get here
It was there... I had it in my hands today and almost took it away from you!!

Only problem is that it is an MBX6 not a 6T so ya you are going to have to wait :P And I might have a shiney new toy by the end of the week....
Caster ZX1.5R Pro, EX1.5R Pro, SK10 Pro
Stuck to the dirt by VP Pro Tires
Stalker is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-21-2010, 08:26 PM   #43
Stalker
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Jeff F

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBFBCAP View Post
Hey Felix! SMFB!!!
LOL!! See that's one of the things that I love about this hobby, you make some good friends and get to joke around with each other on a daily basis on the boards and not just every few weeks or so at the tracks!
Caster ZX1.5R Pro, EX1.5R Pro, SK10 Pro
Stuck to the dirt by VP Pro Tires
Stalker is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 06-21-2010, 08:27 PM   #44
thrash metal
RCC Supreme Contributor

re glorcs series

i attended the glorcs race at full throttle this past weekend and i agree with kevin in that even though the attendance numbers were down i can honestly say that was the most fun ive had at a glorcs race in a while.

all of the racers got together with kevin who was the glorcs rep for the weekend and decided to have some fun and give everyone who attended maximum track time. everyone helped each other regardless who it was be it with marhsalling for someone , pitting , fueling etc...

we had marshalls fueling us during the mains and the a mains in truggy and buggy were split into 2 seperate heats so that we could have enough marshals to cover each main and things worked out great for everyone. there was some really great racing

this is my 4th seson racing the glorcs series and i disgaree with some of the comments that the elite drivers arent helpful. since i started trying my hand at rc racing ive always found the top drivers both very approachable and very helpful.

ive learned so much from these top guys , even just watching them race in the mains. not once have i encountered a situation where i asked one of them for some advice with my setup or a problem i was having and they didnt take the time to help me out and for that i appreciate their help .

i also agree with earl( narly1) that we should do as much as possible to support our local hobby shops. anyone who knows me personally knows that if i was given air miles for everytime i bought rc stuff from big boys with cool toys i could probably fly around the world a couple of times.

people new to who want to try their hand at racing should not be afraid to approach any racers they see at any race and ask questions. thats what these guys are there for to help and answer questions. you will get some really helpful advice from these guys. i know i did over the years.
Old 06-22-2010, 03:14 PM   #45
Jeddddd
RCC Contributor

I am: Jeff G

Just to clarify ... I raced a full season in GLORCS (2 years ago) and have a very nice crystal trophy (2nd place points MT) to show for it and it is front and center on my stand ... first off, I have to second the comment that all the top racers (Dave Henry, Mike Burr and many others) have always been outstanding at helping people and in no way was my comments about that (or them) ... without beating a very dead horse ... a discussion started long ago on this forum about peoples thoughts on GLORCS and when I made suggestions regarding trying to encourage new racers to the series I was told by some that the series was an "elite" racing series and that perhaps I should look at club racing for the things I was looking for (in particular longer track time for lower mains) ... Now ... please lets not get into it again LOL ... fact is ... those comments were actually pretty accurate and I am having a great time being average in the different club races ... dont get me wrong ... I had lots of fun in GLORCS (well except a short stint in an ER ) I just think the club scene suits me better

Kevin ... I will be at the Harcore GLORC race (as I was last year) I just dont participate in the points thing anymore ... and Chewy is bang on as usual ... I think it's awesome that us racers have the number of options that we do
Jeddddd is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-22-2010, 08:36 PM   #46
JordanAK
RCC Pro Contributor

We are actually pretty lucky in this part of Ontario because we have the option doing what we want to do in rc, race with some of the best guys in Canada in a couple different series, club race, bash, collect rc stuff, or travel to the States and race.
Compared to 30 years ago, the hobby is completly revolutionized for the better !

You can pick and choose want you want. Once I got the taste of racing I was hooked and to learn from some of the best Canada has to offer was a total bonus.

I think the manufacturers and magazines dictate where the hobby is headed.
2010 & 2009 RC Pro Nitro Buggy Champion, Ont.
2010 Glorcs Buggy 3rd
2010 Glorcs Truggy 5th
www.rcsnowmobiles.com
JordanAK is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in