Jet Aircraft Discuss Jets in Canada

Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2009, 10:45 PM   #41
Rotorcrazy
RCC Apprentice

I am: Jim S

Total Props: 0
Re: JetLegends CT-114

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Anbody have some pictures of the installed Elevator servos. Whew that's tight! I have narrowed the choices down to 3

JR DS368BB MG 53oz-in @ 4.8V
JR DS168 MG wing 47oz-in @ 4.8V
JR DS3301 wing 56oz-in @4.8V (plastic gear though)

The first two fit well but mounting seems a bit wimpy for the DS368. The DS168 mounts easily but the spline is not standard JR (oddly the same as Hitec?? HS-81 or 85) The DS3301 is rumored to be used for this application but it seems really tight and the plastic gears concern me. Pictures? Thoughts?

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 03-29-2009, 09:15 PM   #42
Rotorcrazy
RCC Apprentice

I am: Jim S

So after much work with my dremel I now have two DS3421 servos mounted. I chose these over the DS3301's because they have more torque and are metal geared. Nice little servos! They even have adjustable potentiometers so you can change the centering. But I'll likely use a matchbox here anyway. Pictures will follow once the Hysol is dry and I can bolt in the servos.

Actually all the servos will be getting mounted tomorrow night. I'm glad that's done.
Old 05-10-2009, 10:52 PM   #43
phil meredith

rotorcrazy, are you close to finishing your Snowbird, I flew mine for the forst time today at Mayerthorpe??? Phil;
phil  meredith is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 05-12-2009, 05:03 PM   #44
Helijet
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: Dean Wichmann
Radio of choice:
Jetti
# of RCs: few

Total Props: 14
Question Re: JetLegends CT-114

Hey Phil

So....how did the maiden go?

D.W.
Old 05-19-2009, 06:20 PM   #45
phil meredith

HI Dean and all Snowbird fans, the jetlegend Snowbird went great on its first two flites . Took off with 15 degrees flap , first flite she rose real smooth ,second flite did the " leap into air" act but no real issue. So if you can put shims under nose gear good idea. Landed long but only had half flap down . Its going to be a great flyer, nice and smooth!! One thing that I do very very strongly reccomend is to either heavily reinforce around the wing clamp brackets or fit a brass tube between both brackets and a carbon fibre rod inside the wing tubes. this makes the wings much stronger as they fit to the fuse. will add notes as further flites are made .
Old 05-19-2009, 10:37 PM   #46

Total Props: 57

I've got one of these coming soon, looking forward to it.
I was at the JL factory recently, the place is great, super clean, lots of hi-tech machinery, lots of interesting projects in the works, too. Really great guys there. They are starting to paint certain planes outside the mold, something I had been pushing them to do for a long time, and the examples I saw were really nicely done...
Guest is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-15-2009, 12:24 AM   #47
phil meredith

Hi you Snowbird fans . I now have about 10 flites on the JL Snowbird. Have put in the carbon fibre wing rods { a hugh success} , added a new nose leg 1 " longer , takes of smooth with no flaps, and landings are smooth with full flap . keep a little power on till nice and low and she settles in well . It is getting quite hot on the fuse right where the turbine meets the pipe when you taxi back to base. Keep an eye on this as the fiberglass is getting very warm. The plane looks superb in the air and flies true and tracks very well. Apart from the redesign of a few things the company should have done its a winner!!! Phil MEREDITH
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in