Large scale gas engines - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Giant Scale Aircraft Discuss Giant RC Scale Aircraft.

Old 02-11-2011, 09:32 PM   #1
Dustin
RCC Apprentice

I am: Dustin D
Radio of choice:
Futaba 6EX
# of RCs: 1

Total Props: 0
Large scale gas engines

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I'm looking to be educated as to the pros and cons of each make... so far the only engines I have any experience with are OS engines. For example... ZDZ engines vs. OS?

oops... didn't notice the engines forum... sorry about that guys

Last edited by Dustin; 02-11-2011 at 09:55 PM.
Dustin is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 02-11-2011, 09:56 PM   #2
Ramz
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Mark Ramsay
Radio of choice:
Anything but Futaba, Hitec and Airtronics

Total Props: 20
Re: Large scale gas engines

They are all pretty good...DA, DLE, DLA, Mintor, 3W, ZDZ, BME, RCGF, Zenoah, and the list goes on and on...probably about 30 or so different brands out on the market now...if not more. Some are cheaper like the DLA's and some are more expensive (cc per cc) but they all work really well. As such, they all can really suck by times as they all have moving mechanical parts and electronic components that will fail sooner or later. I have owned and do own 2 DLE's, 2 3W's, 1 Quadra, 4 DA's, and 1 evolution and they all were great engines (except for the 3W 170...it had been abused by its previous owner and it was shot when I got it). I prefer the DA engines over the others as they are very much a "set it and forget it" type engine with phenomenal customer support. Alot of it depends on your application as well.
Ramz is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-11-2011, 10:38 PM   #3
bobreib
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: Bob R.
Radio of choice:
FRSKY Taranis & Graupner MX-16

Total Props: 5
Re: Large scale gas engines

I have a DLE50 ( Chinese ) and two 26cc MVVS and a 35cc MVVS ( Czechoslovakian ). The cheaper engines seem to work OK. The more expensive engines seem to be more refined and have better quality control during manufacturing, so you seldom hear of any " lemons ". You also tend to get very good customer support from North American vendors compared to buying directly from Chinese manufacturers. Members of our club have a large variety of engines. DA gets high high praise. 3W and ZDZ are also very good and seem to have bags of power. MVVS ( Evolution in the US ) are also a very good engine. In the past I have had 2 cheaper 26cc Chinese origin engines and although they worked OK they didn't produce anywhere near the power of my 26cc MVVS engines.
bobreib is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in