Good online website - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Car & Truck discussion General Discussion about R/C topics

Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2004, 08:31 PM   #1
sharms

Total Props: 0
Good online website

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Hi All

I'm new around here and I have done some research and narrowed down to two trucks the T-Maxx or the Savage. My buddy has the T-Maxx and it awesome. Does anyone own a Savage and what are your thoughts about it.

My question is I live in Vancouver,Bc and would like to know if there are any good canadian online sites out there to order from. Most everything out there is US. You can buy the trucks cheaper even with dollar exchange but the shipping is the killer.

Any advice or thoughts would be awesome.

Thanks
sharms is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 04-21-2004, 12:24 AM   #2
jacobsladder

www.greathobbies.com is the best Canadian one that I know of. Good prices and quick shipping. I would find a local company if at all possible - it helps to have someone you can go see with problems.
The two trucks are both good choices- - get something different than your buddy to keep things interesting.
Good luck!
jacobsladder is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-21-2004, 11:03 AM   #3
iconfive

T-maxx

Having the same model has more pros than cons - no matter if it's a Savage, or a T-Maxx.

If you're new to R/C, it helps to have a friend who's familar with the hobby, even better if they're familiar with the same model.

If you ever happen to start racing, there's nothing more challanging than racing with the same specs. It all boils down to driver skills. It's no fun trying to race a Corvette against a K-Car... unless you own the Corevette. ... but Corvette against Corvette.. I think you get my point.

Arms come packaged in pairs, you can share spare parts and owe him one. This goes for a lot of parts, right down to screws.

...those are just a few points you can take into consideration while making the final decision.
iconfive is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 04-21-2004, 12:43 PM   #4
oggie
RCC Noob

I own a savage, and I think it's great. I've never owned a tmaxx, but I've heard from other who have owned both and say the savage is more durable that the tmaxx. Plus the savage is 1/8 over the tmaxx's 1/10.

The savage 25 RTR is a great truck. The only mod that you need to do is the throttle linkage mod. And it only costs a few dollars.

www.savage-central.com

As for buying it online, I bought mine from the US. www.thercshack.com

John was really helpfull, and by getting it from him, I saved $200 CAN after I bought all the extras (charger, fuel bottle, ignitor etc)

Just make sure if you ship anything from the US, have it sent USPS (US postal service) - parcel post. UPS and Fedex charge brokerage fees for bringing it across. $45 at least.
oggie is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-24-2004, 05:24 PM   #5
LoWrIdEr

I've heard from almost everyone i talk to that the savage is better. The biggest complain for the t-maxx is that Traxxas hasn't done anything to improve it since every other company has introduced a Monster truck.

also if your looking to order fromt he US since it is cheaper try http://www.hobbypeople.net/
-I've heard good things about them and when you ship it get them to ship through USPS there should be no extra charges. you can always e-mail or phone to find out the best ways to ship to canada.
LoWrIdEr is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-25-2004, 06:55 PM   #6
crisop

get the savage, who cares what your buddies have. guaranteed your buddies will go out and get a savage once they see it run. All of my buddies ditched their tmaxx's and bought savage 25's once i started to race mine at the track
crisop is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-25-2004, 07:51 PM   #7
recon
RCC Master Contributor

I am: Brady
Radio of choice:
Futaba
# of RCs: 6

My friend has the savage 21 and it is great. I would buy one if I had the money (bought a XXX-NT stadium truck instead). One downside of the savage is that it is tougher to work on. Some of the stuff is hidden between its 2 chassis plates where as the tmaxx has all its stuff on one. Not that big of a deal, probably makes the truck stronger anyway. Either way, they are both the most popular MT's. And give http://www.hobbywholesale.com a try. They are located in Edmonton, Ive bought from them many times and it has been great.
MAAC #63500
recon is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-25-2004, 08:44 PM   #8
Justin

has anyone ever ordered from www.towerhobbies.com

they have a very nice site and excellent prices. they charge $18 US to ship to canada, but if it is your first time ordering and you siged up for their news letter you will save $20 US if you spend more than $50 US, so basically shipping is free.

Do they have good service? What do they use to ship? USPS?

What do other US web sites charge for canadian shipping?

what is the best canadian web site to order from? I wonder if they would match the price from a US web site because most Canadian web sites are over priced.
Justin is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in