Marshal ! - Page 6 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Offroad RC Discussion RC Offroad chat for truggies, buggies, short-course and more. Topics may include brands like Associated, Kyosho, Tamiya, Axial, Traxxas and more.

Old 06-01-2012, 09:51 AM   #51
imported_BBFBCAP
RCC Supreme Contributor

Total Props: 0
Re: Marshal !

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Average Joe View Post
@Kevin
Kijana is fast, but no one is fast enough to marshal all the places you crash. Phew.
Maybe if you got some trigger time in rather then working. Where's your dedication? HAHA.
Gimme' a few minutes. I want to compare my pay stubs from both before answering that!

I still think you should have been a good sport and PUSHED me across the finish line at Universal when my battery died 12 feet from the finish line by the way!!! LMAO...
imported_BBFBCAP is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 06-01-2012, 12:22 PM   #52
Speed Metal
RCC Master Contributor

I am: Bill N.

Ouch Gump!!!!! I hope you're healing up nicely.

As for marshalling, to each according to their abilites. That is to say that if you're not an agile person, try and get to a spot that fits your abilities.

And those (like myself) who are able to dodge and weave cars should seek out the busy spots. If you see a child in a busy spot, trade with him/her. Same with women. To me it's not sexism it's more about chivalry.

IMHO, the only way to enforce a "drive x minutes, marshall x minutes" rule would be a timecard type of system enforced by a dedicated director. Otherwise it comes down to memory and "he said, she said" type of situation.

So when a racer goes up for practice, he/she must "punch-in" with the marshall director. When finished running, punch-out of driving and then immediately punch into marshalling duties. When you've fulfilled your marshalling obligation, you punch out and the director initials it. Done. No guessing, no BS.

No marshall, no practice. If you've been practicing and you skip marshalling for the rest practice day, you should lose your best qually. No exceptions, and only the BEST excuses qualify for a reason ("I had a stroke" or "I got run over by an E-Buggy")

And I would gladly help out with a quick lesson on marshalling do's and don'ts during the driver's meeting. It would only take a minute or two. You know like to how to properly flip a car, how to minimize your chances of getting hit, and - one that's often neglected - how to deal with a runaway nitro car that you've caught.

BTW, I LOVE marshalling. I've never missed my turn whether I've finished my qually or not , and I often volunteer. And like Mac said, I can learn a lot about the section of track I marshall. Yet another reason why I go for the busiest marshalling spots. It's very gratifying for me to try and help a fellow racer stay on pace.

Race hard, marshall hard!

Regards,

Speed Metal
Old 06-01-2012, 12:28 PM   #53

Total Props: 57

I would like to add one more thing........everyone is taking about a race day/weekend. Don`t forget practice day`s, they are even worse.
Guest is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 06-01-2012, 03:28 PM   #54
Shag
RCC Noob

Timed practice would solve this, 10 min intervals, once you have finished your time, you marshal the next ten min? the scoring tower clears the drivers stand every ten min, assuming the lap counter is on, and there are no marshalls out there, just look at who just ran and call them out?

Just an idea..:IDEA:

I think the race director has enough to worry about, the people in the scoring hut should be able to look after this, shouldnt they?
Shag is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-01-2012, 04:30 PM   #55
JordanAK
RCC Pro Contributor

If only people cared as much about marshalling as they did about posting about it ! Three pages ... Awesome !
2010 & 2009 RC Pro Nitro Buggy Champion, Ont.
2010 Glorcs Buggy 3rd
2010 Glorcs Truggy 5th
www.rcsnowmobiles.com
JordanAK is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-01-2012, 04:48 PM   #56

just following you jordan... LOL
Old 06-01-2012, 06:18 PM   #57

Marshall school at Hardcore who is in!
Old 06-01-2012, 06:36 PM   #58
TracktionRC
~~BANNED PEOPLE~~

I am: Michael
# of RCs: 7

Total Props: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8scaleracer View Post
A great idea. I hope the weather holds out.
TracktionRC is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-01-2012, 10:01 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Metal View Post
And I would gladly help out with a quick lesson on marshalling do's and don'ts during the driver's meeting. It would only take a minute or two. You know like to how to properly flip a car, how to minimize your chances of getting hit, and - one that's often neglected - how to deal with a runaway nitro car that you've caught.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8scaleracer View Post
Thanks for being on the positive side of this. I know I do my part at the track for people that know me. Maybe make it a part of a drivers meeting. I know some people hate marshalling but it is part of the game....

I don't mind a driver getting my attention by yelling (open practice) and pointing the there vehicle as there are usually less marshals on the track at times. Don't blame a marshall because you are on you lid....

I always have full brake on when a marshal gets to me. A nitro on its lid for too much time will lean out and will start to rev.

Also let the vehicle leave the marshals hands before pinning it...

OK I am done.
Old 06-01-2012, 10:18 PM   #60
imported_Rallymuggy
RCC Apprentice

[ NO LITTLE KIDS OR WOMAN SHOULD MARSHALL ITS NOT SAFE[/QUOTE]

No Women mmmmm.. Not quite sure I understand the reasoning there. My wife marshalls for my son and I and fills in whenever another marshall is needed. She has been hit by trucks and twisted her ankle,finished marshalling that race and did the next race,then lost a week at work because her ankle swelled up so much she couldn't put her shoe on. Women can do that job as good if not better than some men.
Kids..I only let my son Marshall short coarse trucks. I don't like to see the small kids doing nitro or electric buggy and truggy. My son races nitro and electric buggy and could marshall them,but I feel its not safe.(especily eletric because dont always here them coming) If a truggy or buggy hit me it will probably hurt but for kids the same hit could break something or worse and I don't feel right putting my son or some driver in that position..Just my thought
imported_Rallymuggy is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in