Vailly Hurricane. How much nose weight? - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Giant Scale Aircraft Discuss Giant RC Scale Aircraft.

Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2004, 01:57 PM   #11
CRAZYFAST
RCC Contributor

I am: Glen M

Total Props: 0
hurricane with g-62

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Howdy, it just so happens that that's the engine that I have in my hurricane. I'm just in the starting phase of painting (priming) but when I finially get to fly it I'll post how it goes. As for balancing, even with the g-62, I have some lead bolted to the firewall. Even though I haven't flown it yet I expect pretty decent performance as one of the guys in the club has a g-62 in a p47 that's pretty much the same size and weight and it really moves! Did I mention it REALLY moves ? In case you haven't noticed I'm a fan of the G-62.
CRAZYFAST is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 04-19-2004, 02:18 PM   #12
BJH424
RCC Expert Contributor

I am: Brian H
Radio of choice:
DX9, Jeti
# of RCs: 9

Total Props: 12
Hurry Engine.

Marty: You can't fault the G62. I purchased my Hurricane built around the US41 so changing it to a G62 is impractical at this time. However the Quadra 52 is on the market thru US Engines and its configured the same as the US41. I have one ordered.

My Hurricane is modeled after CWH's YOA is its all shiney and new looking.(less work). Also a really nice cockpit kit will be out shortly (www.dbalsa.com) you can see his cockits at Vailly Aviation.
(www.vaillyaviation.com/Intro.html)
Cheers Brian H.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	hurry4_757.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	16.6 KB
ID:	2280  
Old 04-19-2004, 03:32 PM   #13
JimBrown
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Jim Brown
Radio of choice:
Jeti DS-24
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 4
If anyone is interested, I'm selling a G-62. Price just reduced.

https://www.rccanada.ca/bb/viewtopic.php?t=6701

...jim
JimBrown is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 04-19-2004, 03:45 PM   #14
Marty C
RCC Expert Contributor

Hurri

The G-62 is one option that does appeal to me, however that said it would require a major re-fitting of the engine bay and probably cutting holes in the Hurri's cowl for carb! that does not really appeal to me at all The reason I originally chose the ST 4500 was that it fits completely within the cowl except for engines top front cooling fins slightly protruding.

I had a thought... what about converting the ST-4500 to diesel??? could this be done do you think? has anyone ever tried converting an ST-4500 to diesel before what parts would need changing from glow version to diesel?
The more I think about this the more appealing the idea becomes, should be able to swing a near scale 3 blade prop as well I would imagine...mind you I have never owned or operated a diesel engine either.
What you think guy's is this diesel conversion idea feasible for the ST-4500?
Another thought what about converting the ST-4500 to gas? I have heard of this working but would I loose power over the glow version??

Brian, thanks for the 'heads up' on the cockpit kit, I will be getting one of those for sure as well... My Hurri is modelled on one from the 'Battle of Britian' my all time favorite aviation movie as well by the way... hence the well weathered look...
Old 04-19-2004, 07:15 PM   #15
Marty C
RCC Expert Contributor

Diesel ST-4500

Well I did some homework on the diesel idea... turns out Davis Diesel offer a conversion head for the ST-4500 for $99.95 U.S. I have just emailed them with a request for diesel performance specs on the ST-4500...
According to some specs posted on there web site the ST-3000 swings a 20x10 @ 6500rpm and uses only 12oz fuel for 20 min running time. Idle is 800rpm.
Going by this the 4500 should swing approx a 26" prop I would imagine.. the power would be pretty impressive also! I will post more info here when I here back from Davis Diesel

http://www.davisdieseldevelopment.com
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in