Beginner Radio Control Problems - Page 3 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Beginners / Newbies Interested in getting in the hobby. Not sure where to start. Post your questions here and one of the RCCanada experts will be glad to help you out!

Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2007, 11:46 PM   #21
wby

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I am building this with balsa wood and silk cloth for lightness and smoothness of the wing. I've seen others run this engine with a battery less strong than the one I'm getting. The only difference I see between the 2 batteries is that mine hass 3300 mah instead of 950 mA. The engine runs on 6-15 A. I'll buy a compatable charge along with the battery if there isn't any problems.

Also, for the Tx, how much does a simple one usually cost and where can I get it? Thank you!
wby is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 08-21-2007, 08:11 AM   #22
hillmanr2
RCC Supreme Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by wby
I am building this with balsa wood and silk cloth for lightness and smoothness of the wing. I've seen others run this engine with a battery less strong than the one I'm getting. The only difference I see between the 2 batteries is that mine hass 3300 mah instead of 950 mA. The engine runs on 6-15 A. I'll buy a compatable charge along with the battery if there isn't any problems.

Also, for the Tx, how much does a simple one usually cost and where can I get it? Thank you!
if the motor pulls 6-15 amps you need a 20amp speed control. If your 9amp speed control goes up it usualy takes a battery with it.

TX
http://www.greathobbies.com/producti...d_id=HIT156721
But you would want hs-81 servos or similiar instead.
1 tx
1 rx
4 servos
1 rx bat (not needed for this plane)
for 114.99 can.
http://www.duralitebatteries.com/
PTA Hobbies
hillmanr2 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-21-2007, 03:21 PM   #23
wby

Is there a major difference with the battery (3300 mah instead of 950 mA)?
Also, what's the difference between the item you recommanded and
http://www.greathobbies.com/producti...d_id=HIT156724
or
http://www.greathobbies.com/producti...od_id=JSP14010
(PS I can't do any programming at all, so it's best if the programming is simple)

Thank you

Old 08-21-2007, 03:58 PM   #24
jkaz
RCC Junior Contributor

you keep talking about programming there is no programing involved the speed controller will self calibrate or will come with what's required to do the deed

the 3300Mah vs 950Mah is run time, essentially the amount of "gas" in the battery higher number will give longer run time and (I think more amperage potention?) someone correct me if i'm wrong

both the above radio combos will work for what you want to do they are both four channel analog radios with reciever's the hitec laser four comes with some mini servos where the jr doesn't
Jonathan
jkaz is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-21-2007, 04:10 PM   #25
wby

Thank you, so between the 2 HITEC, which one would be lighter on the aircraft?
Old 08-21-2007, 07:31 PM   #26
hillmanr2
RCC Supreme Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by wby
Thank you, so between the 2 HITEC, which one would be lighter on the aircraft?
the servos on the one you linked are not suitable for the size of plane you are planning. Here is a link that you should look at instead of reinventing the wheel from round to square.
http://www.greathobbies.com/producti...rod_id=PKZ1200

A silk and balsa flying wing will last not longer than 1 flight even with someone who knows how to fly an rc plane. Silk is the worst option you could possibly go with. You have not answered the questions I asked because I assume you do not know what I am talking about. Please answer this one question.
Why will you not go to a club to learn what you need to know and save yourself from disappointment and obvious failure?
I ask because you obviously have an interest in what is a truly fun and rewarding hobby, I hate to see it all thrown away.
PTA Hobbies
Old 08-21-2007, 08:23 PM   #27
wby

I just don't know which club to join and how long it might take. Also, I'm flying indoor with few rpms and a lot of cushions. I am not flying my plane around, all I need is for it to lift off the ground, and I'll land it immediately.

I've encountered a problem on my battery; my engine runs from 6-15 amps and I've seen a guy power it with a 11.1v 3S1P 25c battery. Would a 11.1v 3S1P 24c/22.8 Amps battery work too? Also, would I need to program my speed control if I were to buy the package u recommanded me? Thank you
Old 08-26-2007, 10:26 PM   #28
hillmanr2
RCC Supreme Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by wby
I just don't know which club to join and how long it might take. Also, I'm flying indoor with few rpms and a lot of cushions. I am not flying my plane around, all I need is for it to lift off the ground, and I'll land it immediately.

I've encountered a problem on my battery; my engine runs from 6-15 amps and I've seen a guy power it with a 11.1v 3S1P 25c battery. Would a 11.1v 3S1P 24c/22.8 Amps battery work too? Also, would I need to program my speed control if I were to buy the package u recommanded me? Thank you

I will recommend you get some guidance from a club!!!!!!!! Sorry dude but unless you come back to earth no one can help you or even comprehend what you are doing or why.
PTA Hobbies
Old 09-10-2007, 08:53 AM   #29
Trumpet
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: Mark Betuzzi
Radio of choice:
Spektrum NX-10
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 16
Hello:
Get in contact with the following club in Burnaby, its all electric and experts in Electric flying:
http://www.hoods-up.com/
Trumpet.
Trumpet is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in