servo trouble - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Giant Scale Aircraft Discuss Giant RC Scale Aircraft.

Old 08-17-2011, 02:11 PM   #1
hoakey
RCC Apprentice

I am: Harold K

Total Props: 0
servo trouble

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I HAVE a 45 cc gas engine in a 27% extra and it started acting up. every time i start it the servos go to full extend i have tryed a lot of differant things change metal calves change reciever put new one. went to a 2.4 spektrum radio and it still happens would anyone have an idea?.
hoakey is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 08-17-2011, 02:51 PM   #2
uk.expat
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: wilf coggins
Radio of choice:
Futaba 7c Spektrum DX8
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 1
Re: servo trouble

Watching this thread with interest as I helped out at the field.The engine is a CRRC firstly fitted with a 72 meg receiver,the servos went mad when engine started,changed to 2.4,system still same problem ,fitted brand new ignition ,still same problem,No metal to metal linkages,moved receiver outside of fuss.Tx is a Spectrum DX7,Engine looks brand new.Hope someone can throw some light on the problem.
uk.expat is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-17-2011, 02:53 PM   #3
mrrandyman
RCC Master Contributor

I am: Randy
Radio of choice:
JR and Spectrum
# of RCs: 4

Total Props: 10

Someone else had a similar problem and it turned out he was not using a resistor type spark plug. He changed to that and had no more issues.
mrrandyman is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 08-17-2011, 04:04 PM   #4
bradleyban
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Brad B
Radio of choice:
Futaba 8FG Super
# of RCs: 3

Total Props: 15

Sounds like you picking up noise from the ignition. A fellow at out club had and issue like this and his spark plug cap wasn't fitting on tight over the spark plug. So when the engine would run the vibrations made it have a bad connection. He ended up putting a gear clamp over the cap and tightened it up and the problem went away. Have a good look at the cap and make sure it fits on there tight.

Cheers

Brad
Old 08-18-2011, 08:02 AM   #5
reo
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Ron O.

Total Props: 96

From experience, the first thing I would do is to try a different ignition and see if the problem goes away. If not, then it is an installation issue.

The system should run clean on 72Mhz, trying to cover tup the problem with 2.4 has really accomplished nothing, the problem is still there albeit hidden. We used to see guys do this years ago, the a/c would glitch on FM and they would cover it up with PCM. Better to solve the problem than cover it up.

We were chasing a glitching issue years ago with a Zenoah G-62 (not electronic ign.) and in the end it was a cracked coil. It doesn't take much to create or fix a problem sometimes, the issue is to find it.

Good luck with this, it can be frustrating for sure.
reo is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in