mjohnson
RCC Contributor

I am: MJ
Radio of choice:
Jeti DC-16 Duplex
# of RCs: 10+

Total Props: 4
Re: Bad Deal

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2flyrc View Post
What victims???? the seller (Sailor) sold it for an agreed upon price. Realize that once you sell something, you have no control over what the purchaser does with it! What if he flew it and drilled it in immediately? Would the seller be angry??

Someone else then bought it for an agreed upon price, where is the victim? Seems like everyone should be happy happy to me.

If you buy something, you are under no obligation to keep it, sell it for what you paid or less or do anything else that someone else wants you to do with it.

Comm'on people, get real!
See my post #14. Your post just proves my point.

Obviously there are no morals left...even in our little hobby that is supposed to be fun.

Maybe I should take your advise and "get real" and write off most people now as being greedy and profiteering...but in my naivety I still think there are a few good ones out there but maybe I'm wrong.

It's sad really.
mjohnson is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 11-08-2015, 04:40 PM   #22
luv2flyrc
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: A. Nonymous

Total Props: 163

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjohnson View Post
See my post #14. Your post just proves my point.

Obviously there are no morals left...even in our little hobby that is supposed to be fun.

Maybe I should take your advise and "get real" and write off most people now as being greedy and profiteering...but in my naivety I still think there are a few good ones out there but maybe I'm wrong.

It's sad really.
I revised my original post to be less harsh.

However: Selling something at a profit is not immoral. It's done everyday, our society/economy is based on it.
Old 11-08-2015, 05:03 PM   #23
mjohnson
RCC Contributor

Radio of choice:
Jeti DC-16 Duplex

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2flyrc View Post
I revised my original post to be less harsh.

However: Selling something at a profit is not immoral. It's done everyday, our society/economy is based on it.
Sorry my friend but it is quite obvious you did not read the entire thread...including the original ad on RCC.
The original ad thread has been closed so the "quote" option is not available. Here is the last post that was submitted by the original builder/craftsman. I have cut and pasted it:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Ricardo: I know that is a unique aircraft because I built it. I am amazed you just bought it from me last Sat.for $1,000 to resell for "asking $2,400" Here I was of the understanding you really wanted the aircraft, not just to make profit.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The way I read this is that the original seller is not so sweet on the deal the buyer cooked. Please now tell me that this is not immoral. In my opinion the buyer could be held as being fraudulent but that is only my opinion.

Old 11-08-2015, 05:04 PM   #24
Lazy Ace
RCC Expert Contributor

I am: Dennis DWP

Total Props: 12

Once you buy something and as has been said it becomes yours to do with as you please. It seems like the original owner is suffering from a bad case of sour grapes he priced it so low. He was happy at the time of the sale only getting pissy when the second seller posted a larger profit.

Dennis
Lazy Ace is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-08-2015, 05:12 PM   #25
Flyerpete
RCC Contributor

I am: Peter
Radio of choice:
DX 18

Total Props: 0

The builder was obviously deceived into thinking that the buyer really liked this plane and wanted it for his collection. Lies. Knowing the builder, I doubt he would of sold it at any price just so someone could make a profit.
Flyerpete is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-08-2015, 05:17 PM   #26
mjohnson
RCC Contributor

Radio of choice:
Jeti DC-16 Duplex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Ace View Post
Once you buy something and as has been said it becomes yours to do with as you please. It seems like the original owner is suffering from a bad case of sour grapes he priced it so low. He was happy at the time of the sale only getting pissy when the second seller posted a larger profit.

Dennis
So if I give a perfectly airworthy glider to a 12 year old boy to help him out as he was really, really interested in learning how to fly (which I have done) and the next week I see he has it advertised on Craiglist then that's OK???

Luckily the youth used it....restoring a tiny bit of my faith in humanity.
Old 11-08-2015, 05:25 PM   #27
smoknrv4
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Jonathan M
Radio of choice:
DX 18QQ
# of RCs: 20+

Total Props: 55

After reading all of the original ad, and the last statement made by the builder, there was definitely deception in there. The dude was licking his chops. Myself I couldn't do that, but that's just me.

Elgin Flyers, St. Thomas, Ontario
Maac#45310
smoknrv4 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-08-2015, 05:34 PM   #28
Lazy Ace
RCC Expert Contributor

I have a small machine shop in my garage cnc mill, lathe welding equipment and I accept work from outside to support my addiction. I charge $64 bucks and hour and if I sit down with you and redesign your chicken scratching you pay for that as well at the same rate. If you sell it for more money or use it to increase the value of the item you are using it on good for you. The hot-rod guys do this all the time and boaters are always needing shaft work and stuffing boxes done. I have done stuff for guys trying to get on the dragons den to even a budding engineer who brought a part from the new CTS to have me fix something he could not get the local machinists to do. I fixed it for him and told him not to bring anything else out as he could lose his job. Recently an antique dealer had tried re-tapping the bottom of the legs of an art deco business office set and broke two taps in the legs. I told him it would be time and materials as it was a compound angle set up and I had to use my hard cuts to drill the broken tap out. $150 dollars later he was happier than a pig in sh*t. I didn’t even damage the powder coating on the legs. He thanked me and said that one chair made a $600 dollar difference in his sale. I was happy for him and he stood and watched while I did the set up. He saw the actual machining took less than a 1/2 hour the setup far longer to get it right. Never quibbled about the cost.

One example is when you attend an estate auction and walk away with a great deal. I bet you’ve never felt guilty enough to go back and offer to pay what the item is really worth to the grieving family. Get a life guys he’s crying because he let it go to cheaply and is hoping the new seller will share the extra profit.

Sheesh
Old 11-08-2015, 05:35 PM   #29
flytoit
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: John S
Radio of choice:
Spektrum
# of RCs: 20

Total Props: 1

The way I read it is Sailor boy Robert sold the plane for $1000 and a warm feeling that ap rpm Ricardo would get enjoyment flying it (kinda like a post dated cheque to Robert ) A very short time later it is as if a stop payment was put on THAT cheque ,now it is only a money thing . I feel badly for Robert (it is not like it was sold / bought at auction ,there were feelings in this sale) . The way of the world , ME ME ME, sad to say. John
flytoit is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-08-2015, 05:36 PM   #30
Lazy Ace
RCC Expert Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjohnson View Post
So if I give a perfectly airworthy glider to a 12 year old boy to help him out as he was really, really interested in learning how to fly (which I have done) and the next week I see he has it advertised on Craiglist then that's OK???

Luckily the youth used it....restoring a tiny bit of my faith in humanity.
Once you relinquish possession of it, its no longer yours to have a say. if you want to have a say then you are required to put conditions stating such.

Are you aware you cannot legally sell/give a large ticket item to a minor without a parents consent? In fact if that minor takes it out to the local school yard and causes damage or smashes the thing you could be on the hook to cover the damages and refund the money.

I have firsthand experience as I purchased my first motorcycle when I was but 15 yrs. old. A 500 Triumph Twin. I drove it home my mom flipped and my dad drove back to the guys place after calling the cops and made the guy take it back. I bought that same bike some 3 months later but just kept it at my buddy’s house/garage so my mom wouldn’t know.

Dennis

Last edited by Lazy Ace; 11-08-2015 at 06:02 PM.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in