Nothing to do with the weather ... this is why I didnt go to Hardcore! - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Car & Truck discussion General Discussion about R/C topics

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2010, 08:53 PM   #1
Jeddddd
RCC Contributor

I am: Jeff G

Total Props: 0
Nothing to do with the weather ... this is why I didnt go to Hardcore!

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I dont know how guys do it ... I spent most of the weekend trying to get my trucks ready (during the week is'nt possible between work'n and Father'n) and I'm still only half way done ...
got the Nitro Buggy and Elec Buggy done including practice bodies but I still have to resolve a minor mesh issue with the Truggy, completely rebuild the LST2 and then paint 6 bodies (luckily Chad at Fastlane Graphics is saving me some time there) ... all I could think about was everybody racing at Hardcore but I have to get all this done, with little spare time, to be ready to head to Alabama June 1st ... here are the two done with practice bodies

I'm hoping to get them all out next Sunday for some practice laps ... but I sure missed not being there this weekend
Jeddddd is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 05-03-2010, 09:50 AM   #2
imported_BBFBCAP
RCC Supreme Contributor

Twinkly...NICE!
imported_BBFBCAP is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-03-2010, 10:20 AM   #3
Jeddddd
RCC Contributor

LOL ... ya decided to try using some Faskolor glitter in some Spazstix ... I am loving the EX-1 Kevin! Cant wait to get it on a real track (my backyard one is too small) but I think my current setup is gonna be perfect for speed/runtime/temps ...

Old 05-03-2010, 11:01 AM   #4
imported_BBFBCAP
RCC Supreme Contributor

Not sure what your running exactly, but make sure it will last 10 minutes under race conditions eh! That seems to be the typical race length. Hope to see ya' out to the races soon.
Old 05-03-2010, 11:26 AM   #5
Jeddddd
RCC Contributor

Castle 2200KV/MMM/15T with 4cell 30C 5000mah ... should get at least 30 minutes... I think???
Old 05-03-2010, 12:12 PM   #6
imported_BBFBCAP
RCC Supreme Contributor

Not a chance in hell of getting 30 minutes out of that. You'd need a LOT more mAh's than 10,000 to get 30 minutes of run time. I'm guessing you'd get 12-13 minutes TOPS. I just ran two 5300mAh 30C 2 cell lipos in parallel for a total of 10600mAh, and came up short of the finish line after ten minutes, by about 50 feet!!! This included about 2 minutes of warm-up too. Only way you'll learn for sure is to get it on a track and time it I suppose. personally, I'm going to be upgrading my batts soon. Not lettign that happen again!!!
Old 05-03-2010, 12:53 PM   #7
Jeddddd
RCC Contributor

hmmm ... maybe I should'nt be listening to Brandon (XtremeRC) LOL ... I got those numbers from him ... guess we'll see soon enough ; )
Old 05-03-2010, 01:05 PM   #8
Michael_Lambert
RCC Master Contributor

I am: Mike L

I was talking to someone else running on the weekend who was running the Mamba 2200kv in his 8ight 2.0 and running a 4S 30C 5000mAh and he was saying he gets about 15 mins run time on the hardcore track due to the constant hard accelerations, through out the whole track.
Michael_Lambert is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-03-2010, 01:26 PM   #9
Jeddddd
RCC Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael_Lambert View Post
I was talking to someone else running on the weekend who was running the Mamba 2200kv in his 8ight 2.0 and running a 4S 30C 5000mAh and he was saying he gets about 15 mins run time on the hardcore track due to the constant hard accelerations, through out the whole track.
I can live with that ... but should probably follow Kevin's lead on looking for more mah
Old 05-03-2010, 01:39 PM   #10
Michael_Lambert
RCC Master Contributor

I am: Mike L

Maybe going to a lower Motor? I know some guys who run the 1700KV motors with 5000 mAh 25C lipos and are getting 20+ mins out of them, as Kevin said the 2200kv in the buggy is really fast to the point where your almost always out of control.
Michael_Lambert is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in