Flying clubs in Calgary - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2006, 06:41 PM   #11
Ramz
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Mark Ramsay
Radio of choice:
Anything but Futaba, Hitec and Airtronics

Total Props: 20
work

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
just graduated from University with a BBA. I've done everything from heavy equipment operation to full scale avionics installation/troubleshooting to working at a call center. Spent over one month looking for a job in my field but it turned up absolutely nothing. I was at a call center up until friday. I'm looking for something that requires a BBA...preferably in management or marketting of some sort. I also have an avionics diploma...spent one year at a aircraft manufacturing plant. You wouldn't happen to know of any job openings would you?
Ramz is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 08-15-2006, 06:54 PM   #12

Total Props: 57
Re: work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramz
just graduated from University with a BBA. I've done everything from heavy equipment operation to full scale avionics installation/troubleshooting to working at a call center. Spent over one month looking for a job in my field but it turned up absolutely nothing. I was at a call center up until friday. I'm looking for something that requires a BBA...preferably in management or marketting of some sort. I also have an avionics diploma...spent one year at a aircraft manufacturing plant. You wouldn't happen to know of any job openings would you?
I need to be enlightened here I am not familiar with what a BBA is...I will assume business admin?

I dont know of anything in that area immediately off hand, if you had an engineering degree I could likely find you something!

Its busy as hell here, I doubt will have much trouble finding something

I would recommend a few phone calls (forget emails) to headhunter agencies. Get yourself some face to face meetings with the recruiters when you get here, they will be more willing to work with you then.
Guest is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-15-2006, 07:00 PM   #13
Ramz
RCC Pro Contributor

Radio of choice:

job

...sorry about that...BBA = Bachelors of Business Administration...so you guessed right!

That's good to know...i'll definately try and get my mug infront of the recruiters and see how that goes. I'm open to any and all advice as the quicker i can find something, the better. Thanks.

Old 08-15-2006, 07:18 PM   #14

Re: job

Quote:
...sorry about that...BBA = Bachelors of Business Administration...so you guessed right!

That's good to know...i'll definately try and get my mug infront of the recruiters and see how that goes. I'm open to any and all advice as the quicker i can find something, the better. Thanks.
Thats what I figured, just was not sure There are so many TLA's I cant keep up

I will keep my ears open, I just started a new position in an oilfield equipment manuf. outfit and will see if I can find their job postings They just doubled production so they have been hiring like mad.
Old 08-15-2006, 07:41 PM   #15
hillmanr2
RCC Supreme Contributor

Total Props: 0
I don't know why you are asking Chad about pattern, he's getting into IMAC and gassers now
sorry couldn't pass that up
http://www.duralitebatteries.com/
PTA Hobbies
hillmanr2 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-15-2006, 09:07 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillmanr2
I don't know why you are asking Chad about pattern, he's getting into IMAC and gassers now
sorry couldn't pass that up
Thats very unlikely at this point Pattern is where its at
Old 08-15-2006, 09:54 PM   #17
Ramz
RCC Pro Contributor

Radio of choice:

I would LOVE to get into IMAC as I have 2 very capable Extra 300's that would do great...but if it's pattern that is more popular in Alberta (that's what i've been told) then I'd love to get a hot pattern setup and give it a whirl. I was checking out different airframes today on a few different websites...the Comp-Arf Impact and the Icepoint seem like decent aiframes. Was thinking of something that would fit a OS1.40 or a 160DZ? Whatever i get, i want it to be a kick @$$ setup. A brushless setup would be sweet too but how much would a good electric setup cost? (for just the powertrain?)

Chad: I appreciate the heads up. If you could keep your eyes and ears peeled that would be awesome. Much appreciated.
Old 08-15-2006, 10:14 PM   #18

Re: ...

Quote:
I would LOVE to get into IMAC as I have 2 very capable Extra 300's that would do great...but if it's pattern that is more popular in Alberta (that's what i've been told) then I'd love to get a hot pattern setup and give it a whirl. I was checking out different airframes today on a few different websites...the Comp-Arf Impact and the Icepoint seem like decent aiframes. Was thinking of something that would fit a OS1.40 or a 160DZ? Whatever i get, i want it to be a kick @$$ setup. A brushless setup would be sweet too but how much would a good electric setup cost? (for just the powertrain?)

Chad: I appreciate the heads up. If you could keep your eyes and ears peeled that would be awesome. Much appreciated.
Stay away from the Impact They can fly well, but its a lot of work, probably not the best choice. The Abbra is a better option, better built, better flying, more complete. Buuuutttt they can take a while to get.

Electric The buy in to that club is brutal Overall its probably not "that" much more expensive than feeding a 160DZ 30% everyday....but you are looking at $1k for the ESC and motor, close to $2k in batteries for 3 sets, another $600-$700 in chargers, balancers, and power supplies. Thats it though, then you are good for 450 flights or so...maybe more still not sure. However...you are only ever guaranteed to get 1 cycle out of a lipo These are not your 100W foamy systems.....mine is 3000W static

To be honest, your best choice is a 160DZ.
Old 08-24-2006, 11:42 AM   #19
Ramz
RCC Pro Contributor

Radio of choice:

calgary

Well I just arrived last night so my job search has begun. Does anybody know of some good headhunter agencies for the Calgary/Red Deer/Alberta area?
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in