Toledo, so congested, not enjoyable anymore - Page 3 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Giant Scale Aircraft Discuss Giant RC Scale Aircraft.

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2004, 06:45 PM   #21
Frank Klenk
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: Frank Klenk
Radio of choice:
Futaba 18MZ
# of RCs: 3

Total Props: 49

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I really enjoyed the show this year (I always do). Sure, the place was crowded. The floor was busier Friday than last year, appreciated by all vendors I'm sure. Hey, there not there for the good of their health. The swap shop was thinner than usual, but I still managed a bag full. After I figured out the vendor locations that I was after, shopping was a breeze. We had a good time at the booth, harrassed as many as we could. Toledo always takes so long to get here and then it's gone, hmmm. Well, next is the weather will break and we'll all be flying soon. Won't that be nice.

Frank
MECA 4762
Thank a farmer
My Website, https://frankshangar.com/
My YouTube channels,
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7m...ZDhGp4w/videos

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-k...8MphsMZuVfwqJw
Frank Klenk is online now   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 04-08-2004, 04:20 PM   #22
JimMoss
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Jim M

Total Props: 1
Have to agree that Sat. was very tight to get around ..... but I was there Fri. as well and got everything I really wanted then.

I wish they could get the extra vendors in as there were some vendors not there that had been in the last few years that I would have like to have seen ....... needed more supplies ....
My Old Gallery:
Straighten Up & Fly Right!
JimMoss is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-08-2004, 05:22 PM   #23

Total Props: 57
I emailed the organisers and they indicated that they were happy to see it so busy, and yet admitted that Sat. was busy and suggested to come another day as opposed to Sat. which i think is a very banal suggestion.

It is time to have a decent Canadian Hobby show and attract all these vendors.. will never happen i know.
Guest is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 04-08-2004, 06:03 PM   #24
AJCoholic
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Andrew Coholic
Radio of choice:
JR 12X, 28X

Total Props: 61
Its a catch 22 - a less busy show with fewer vendors would'nt be as nice (not as many things to see and not financially good for the show organisers) but of course easier to walk around. A busy show means not everyone wanting to exhibit can (like I stated previously close to 100 were turned away) and the crowds can be overwhelming. Maybe they need to build a bigger convention center?!

Its not for everyone, and certainly if you dont do well in crowds ( I found myself getting clostrophobic a few times and had to go out for air) it can be a pain...

But man, its still one of the things I look forward to most each year...

Andrew Coholic -MAAC #26287L

1/2A to giant scale, IMAC, SAM, R/C sport, turbine jets, Heli's...
if its got a wing or two and an engine - I like it!
AJCoholic is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-08-2004, 06:12 PM   #25

Indeed, I look forward to it as well.
The good thing is I had a shopping list, picked what I wanted and saved a lot of shipping charges. Besides, the beauty about it is that you get such a huge choice.
Old 04-08-2004, 06:18 PM   #26
AJCoholic
RCC Supreme Contributor

Radio of choice:
JR 12X, 28X

The one thing I DIDNT find was some turbine oil! I was looking all over and the jets stuff seemed to be limited.

I was looking at the Yellow Stingray - man that thing is a lot smaller than I imagined and I can see why it is so fast with just 12 pounds thrust...

I went by the Jett booth 3 or 4 times, and was SO close to buying another (I want a BSE .50) but I talked myself out of it as I dont NEED it right now... its easy to get carried away in the place when a visa card is burning a hole in your pocket!

Old 04-08-2004, 09:55 PM   #27

Andrew

The Jet scene was not very dominant at all, I expected to see more Jet related booths. A few years ago they had demos outside. I am not sure if you managed to have a look at the MRC booth who have a new Japanese built turbines (cannot remeber the name). These will go to market within the next few weeks. www.modelrectifier.com. No clue about quality.

I am looking forward to receiving the catalogue from jetpower.at

Lots of turbine oil by Pearson Airport. Could by some snd send it to you.
Old 04-09-2004, 06:47 AM   #28
AJCoholic
RCC Supreme Contributor

Radio of choice:
JR 12X, 28X

No I missed these new turbines! But I did drool over the Ziroli Panther in the Robart booth....

I will keep trying to get some oil closer to home but if not I will take you up on that. Thanks!

Old 04-10-2004, 10:19 AM   #29
scaleguy
IMAC/SA or NOTHING!
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: JimmyD
Radio of choice:
JETI Duplex DS-24
# of RCs: ?

Total Props: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by EICAS
It is time to have a decent Canadian Hobby show and attract all these vendors.. will never happen i know.
Actually we used to have a really good one held in Burlington every year back in the 70's & 80's.

It was run by Ted Curl - He runs "The Hobby Show" at the International Centre by Pearson. The Burlington Show was great. It was the Real Toledo North. It was held in an arena on Sat & Sun in the spring just like Toledo and it was always packed, just like Toledo. It got so big Ted moved it to where it is now but had to add all the other Hobby type stuff to help with the expenses. since it moved it went way downhill to what it is today.. not much.

Too bad it was a great show.... well times change I guess. if you are reading this Ted, I don't meen to slam you I know you had to add all the other hobby stuff to round out the show for everyone but it's just not the same as it was.

I have only been to Toledo once myself, back in 1985 when it was at the other site, the old arena. It was packed then to on Saturday but Sunday was great!

Hmmm I think i will have to make it in 2005. Hmm once evry 20 years.. should be able toswing that by the Warden!
MAAC #14323L IMAC #3678

Windy you ask? I have Whitecaps on my Coffee, YOU be the Judge!
scaleguy is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in