my SUGGY - Page 3 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Offroad RC Discussion RC Offroad chat for truggies, buggies, short-course and more. Topics may include brands like Associated, Kyosho, Tamiya, Axial, Traxxas and more.

Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2008, 02:51 PM   #21
Newbie2rc
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: Kevin G

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JROD View Post
a two stick tom built savinator is what was in my sunnybrook bash vid, tree hangar tom lol. this thing is a better beast than a savage and ease of maintenance is ridiculous in compairison to a savage, and parts are still cheap lol gump you got that off him like a year ago right?
Hey guys i was wondering...what is it that made the savinator(ie:upgrades and changes) so special it sounds like my kind of truck. Beastly power and easy maintenence thats what the world needs on the shelves (although there'd be none left, i'd take them all as soon as i had the $$)
Evader St (E)
Newbie2rc is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 04-20-2008, 10:46 PM   #22
Gump
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Brian Belanger

Total Props: 1
2-stick tom and chewy are the ones to answer that question... and only chewy is on this forum.
briefly, though, it comes down to a tough aluminum pan chassis on the savinator vs. a.... what do you call a savage chassis?? like a ladder frame or something? anyways... the chassis is the key - the solid upper braces take care of the rest for strength. the truggy/buggy style centre diff makes the transmission as basic and durable as can be. the kyosho one-piece radio tray and box combo makes that section removable with only a few screws from the bottom. the thundertiger diffs in the bulkheads rounds out the strength/simplicity department.
the fact that the savage front and rear ends are made of great plastic and are close to indestructible takes care of the rest.
the only way this thing could get any better is if someone took all the time in the world to sit down and improve the geometry on the HPI suspension and steering components while managing to keep all the durability.
oh.. forgot to add that the 23m rims are important too... way stronger than 17's by a mile.
Gump is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-21-2008, 09:06 AM   #23
bobf24
RCC Expert Contributor

HPI has that performance suspension upgrade thing, it changes the caster, and I think it gets rid of some bump steer, it does a few other things too I forget though,
bobf24 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 04-22-2008, 07:27 PM   #24
imported_brad101

thats pretty cool iv always wanted to see that done LOL
imported_brad101 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-03-2008, 10:09 PM   #25
savage14

got some updates for you guys

picked up:

savage x bulkheads
new sets of arms
new hubs
an ofna center diff
8 new shocks
new hardwear set (needed that in general)
new drive shafts all around

that is what i got for my lovely little project. Once the new parts come in i am going to pick up the alum plate and get this finished. Sorry for the lack of updates, been rather busy with track and field lax past few weeks

will post pics in a bit
savage14 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-11-2008, 07:07 PM   #26
Newbie2rc
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: Kevin G

got the pics yet?
Evader St (E)
Newbie2rc is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in