Maximum battery size for Blade Nano QX - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Multi Rotor Discussion Tri's, Quad's, Hex'as and more. Discuss anything multi-rotor, including multi-rotor stabilization and FPV setups.

Old 12-13-2015, 10:46 AM   #1
kitbuilder
RCC Contributor
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: Bill M.
Radio of choice:
Spektrum
# of RCs: 10+

Total Props: 1
Maximum battery size for Blade Nano QX

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I'm going to buy a Blade Nano QX BNF Quadcopter w/SAFE Technology for use in our indoor flying. In reading comments about this quad the common gripe is flight time (3/5 minutes) with the 150mah batteries. So my question is - has anyone who flies this quad tried a larger mah battery in it, say 200mah in size. Will it fit into the slot? I've got quite a few 150mah 1s batteries but would order a supply of 200's if they would fit. The makers web site does not mention the use of larger capacity batteries. TIA

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 12-18-2015, 10:59 AM   #2
mawz
RCC Contributor

I am: Adam Maas
Radio of choice:
Tandem X20
# of RCs: 16

Total Props: 32
Re: Maximum battery size for Blade Nano QX

I've got the smaller Blade Inductrix, which has the same style battery holder.

I run a MicroHeli 200mAh 35C battery on it without issues, and have read that the MicroAviation 220mAh will also work.

There is no larger battery size listed because E-Flite's next larger 1s battery is a 250mAh battery which will not fit (it's notably wider). Blade and E-Flight are the same company and only list their own batteries.

Note you'll get a longer flight time from the E-Flight 150mAh 45C battery than with the stock 150mAh 25C, because the 45C doesn't have nearly as much voltage sag under load. The MicroHeli pack I mention above lasts longer than the 150mAh 45C (I have all 3 batteries, I bought both the MicroHeli and the E-Flite 150mAh 45C as upgrades and keep getting the crappy 25C's as stock batteries in various aircraft).

Last edited by mawz; 12-18-2015 at 12:07 PM.
mawz is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-18-2015, 04:46 PM   #3
kitbuilder
RCC Contributor
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: Bill M.
Radio of choice:
Spektrum
# of RCs: 10+

Total Props: 1
Re: Maximum battery size for Blade Nano QX

Thanks Adam - this is what I needed to know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mawz View Post
I've got the smaller Blade Inductrix, which has the same style battery holder.

I run a MicroHeli 200mAh 35C battery on it without issues, and have read that the MicroAviation 220mAh will also work.

There is no larger battery size listed because E-Flite's next larger 1s battery is a 250mAh battery which will not fit (it's notably wider). Blade and E-Flight are the same company and only list their own batteries.

Note you'll get a longer flight time from the E-Flight 150mAh 45C battery than with the stock 150mAh 25C, because the 45C doesn't have nearly as much voltage sag under load. The MicroHeli pack I mention above lasts longer than the 150mAh 45C (I have all 3 batteries, I bought both the MicroHeli and the E-Flite 150mAh 45C as upgrades and keep getting the crappy 25C's as stock batteries in various aircraft).

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in