Ontario Rd 3 **CAMPING** - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Offroad RC Discussion RC Offroad chat for truggies, buggies, short-course and more. Topics may include brands like Associated, Kyosho, Tamiya, Axial, Traxxas and more.

Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2010, 05:27 PM   #11
ravagemaxx
RCC Contributor

I am: kevin m

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
i dont mind the 2 dayers but when the scheduel says one thing and it changes for some reason just makes me think why.. why change to a 4th qual.. if u didnt do well in the beginning just deal with it..
ravagemaxx is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 05-29-2010, 05:32 PM   #12
GaryF
RCC Junior Contributor

This is about camping at round 3, not the RCPS racing format. The Divisional races will remain 2 day events, just like the rest of the world.
GaryF is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-29-2010, 05:42 PM   #13
ravagemaxx
RCC Contributor

I am: kevin m

i dont mind the 2 day races , camping would be a bonus for sure but u say that this is a national format so lets keep it that way..
ravagemaxx is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 05-29-2010, 05:52 PM   #14

Total Props: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryF View Post
This is about camping at round 3, not the RCPS racing format. The Divisional races will remain 2 day events, just like the rest of the world.
LOL... I sense some attitude in this post. LOL

The discussion about "camping" is a result created from the format. If the format was a one day thing then this discussion wouldn't need to happen, correct?
Track selection and approval should involve the option of camping on site IF the format is 2 days so travelers don't have to pay extra for hotels and camp ground fees....

EDIT..
By no means am I stating that the format should be changed, just dont try to mask this discussion saying its not a result of the format!
Guest is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-29-2010, 06:05 PM   #15
imported_BBFBCAP
RCC Supreme Contributor

I'd like to race at DORC. No doubt about it!!!

I would really appreciate it if someone (that's you Jeff) could post some links or motel information here. Then I could cal and get some rates, and make plans to SHARE ROOMS WITH OTHER RACERS.

The rooms are probabaly somewhere around 60 bucks a night, so 120 bucks for Friday and Saturday night. Divide that by 3 or 4 (use air mattresses and cots) and you end up paying $30.00 - $40.00 TOTAL for 2 night. Air conditioning, showers, tailgate party in the parking lot, and maybe even a pool if we're lucky!?!

I vote DORC...100%. They have worked their tails off to be able to even be considered for a series race, and now they have one. I'd want no part in seeing it yanked on them to save a small group of people a few bucks on a room.

It's still 50 days away!!! Get 4 friends together, and start saving $2.50/day between now and then.
imported_BBFBCAP is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-29-2010, 06:15 PM   #16

Total Props: 57
Im not trying to cut-up the Durham guys they are awesome and have a great track out there. I assume there is alot of responsibility hosting an event like RcPro (Insurance etc..)
My posts are definitely not to attack them nor the RcPro... Im just stating that I wished that the series was a one day event!!!
Guest is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-29-2010, 06:20 PM   #17
imported_BBFBCAP
RCC Supreme Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalShield View Post
Im not trying to cut-up the Durham guys they are awesome and have a great track out there. I assume there is alot of responsibility hosting an event like RcPro (Insurance etc..)
My posts are definitely not to attack them nor the RcPro... Im just stating that I wished that the series was a one day event!!!
No sweat Cal. I know that! Truthfully, I just took to long to type that post and when i was, you slipped that message in before mine. I hadn't even seen yours when mine went up. LOL...

Back on topic...
imported_BBFBCAP is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-29-2010, 06:42 PM   #18
GaryF
RCC Junior Contributor

No disrespect, but I did notice that you made 3 GLORCS 2day races last year, so I suspect that the 2 day format is not the primary reason for not attending. Finances are tight for everyone, I also have to pick and choose which races I attend. In AB our race numbers increased when we switched to the 2 day format, just as Ontario has grown from 30-35 entries to 120+. For every one racer that liked the single day events, I got 10 telling me they hated it becaused it was rushed, they got no practice time or time to work on broken machines. It also allows racers that have greater distance to travel to attend the races(our next race is 7 hours from Calgary)

Sorry that the format doesn't work for you or a few others, but it does work for the majority. Although we try, we can't make everyone happy.
GaryF is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-29-2010, 07:10 PM   #19
joeparent
~~BANNED PEOPLE~~

I am: Joeparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravagemaxx View Post
i dont mind the 2 dayers but when the scheduel says one thing and it changes for some reason just makes me think why.. why change to a 4th qual.. if u didnt do well in the beginning just deal with it..
the 4th Qualifier was to give everyone extra track time, Matt asked me if it was ok..I told hime as long as we will be done on timego for it...and we were done on time...we would have all been on the road by 6pm if we did not have the computer problem.
Matt also asked the racers on Saturday if they wanted the 4th and the Majority said heck ya.
Sorry if you did not like it but I let the tracks run the program and as long as it stays in the time we want to go home at ..I'm fine with it...most racers enjoy a lttle extra track time.
joeparent is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-29-2010, 07:10 PM   #20
joeparent
~~BANNED PEOPLE~~

I am: Joeparent

Now please can we get back to the issue at hand???
joeparent is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in