What Direction Is This Hobby Heading !! - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Offroad RC Discussion RC Offroad chat for truggies, buggies, short-course and more. Topics may include brands like Associated, Kyosho, Tamiya, Axial, Traxxas and more.

View Poll Results: Your Opionon on our hobby !!
Too big 1 1.30%
Just right 16 20.78%
need`s to grow 60 77.92%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2008, 12:36 PM   #1

Total Props: 57
What Direction Is This Hobby Heading !!

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Do you think this hobby is to big, just right or need`s to grow ??

I also have a more in depth post in this section ( Off Road ), you can leave your reply in either one !!

Thank`s for your response`s !!
Guest is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 08-26-2008, 03:24 PM   #2
Savage-guy
RCC Contributor

Total Props: 0
This hobby is growing leaps and bounds. Especially in the States. You look at Team Associated, Team Losi, Kyosho and other company websites. You'll find that they are releasing new products, new hop ups, conversions to 1/8th scale Brushless almost daily it seems.

What this boils down to is we live in a country were the climate hampers the hobby in a big way. In Canada our summers is one of our shortest season that we have. We have a handful of tracks in and around Southern Ontario and the GTA. Only one in the GTA offers indoor racing. Fastcats in Oakville offers on-road and off-road carpet racing.

I know Nitro for a fact can't work indoors but someone or a LHS could support a local indoor track. Some nitro guys in the winter months race electric off-road or on-road just so they can keep their driving skills up to snuff when the outdoor season kits in again. Again with the conversion kits and for 1/8th scale taking over this o would be a fantastic idea.

I know what the risks are and the amount of money you have to invest for a indoor track. As much as I love racing outdoors the tracks do take a beating with the amount of rain we had this summer. The time it takes for volunteers to fix the damage is astronomical. With an indoor track you have save so much track prep and maintenance.

I know its long winded but it was just on my mind. I feel better now
Old 09-02-2008, 12:14 PM   #3

IMO !!

Well, when i posted this thread i thought and hopped i would get some idea`s on what ALL OF YOU people that participate in this great Hobby thought. It seam`s i was wrong, to date i think there is 2 or 3 reply`s out of 32 voter`s and 136 view`s, that`s not good enough to help out the people that run it, you don`t care all you care about is a track to run at doesn`t matter what condition it`s in, what the price is to run or what, i don`t know what`s on your mind`s and neither doe`s anyone else if you don`t speak up.
This year is quickly coming to a close and in order for each season to get better they NEED OUR INPUT. So let`s hear from all of you on what you think the good and bad is.

I`m not saying that your idea`s are going to make this hobby better, but if you don`t sat anything we will never grow !!

Thank`s

Old 09-18-2008, 10:52 PM   #4
MONKEY
RCC Senior Contributor

English

This should read "Too Big", not "To big". Come on people! lol..
MONKEY is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-19-2008, 05:18 AM   #5
imported_RCcanuck
RCC Expert Contributor

I could care less if there is a track or not....I run my trucks when I want too,,,in some awesome spots and I hardly ever leave Brantford LOL.

I think it is just right for me anyways.....We have lots of Manufacturers who make some great products to choose from. Not to mention the parts support we get from after market as well.
Paris Junction Hobbies/Morgan Fuels/Ebay
Better to be dead and cool, than alive and uncool
imported_RCcanuck is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-19-2008, 12:18 PM   #6
jatofan69
RCC Expert Contributor

I am: Andrew

2 years ago when i joined this site, This place was jammed with people(Especially the for sale section). Now, if you noticed the post counts are down and it's not just this site, it's every rc site. I believe this is in large part due to the Economy. with Gas prices so high and the instability in the world markets, and war costs on the U.S and Canada. China's Economy is up a whopping 28% in the last 2 years which, in turn, makes things more expensive for U.S and Canada.

People are being more cautious with their money these days. Once things settle down, I think this hobby is headed for the right direction.

IMHO
Mini-T-C4 Team Bluegroove
Mugen MBX5T
Dufferin RC- New!
jatofan69 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-20-2008, 04:59 AM   #7

Thank`s guy` for your opinion`s, we as a hobby are not going anywhere unless we speak up and let other`s know what we think !!
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in