chuebner
Administrator
★ Site Supporter ★★ Administrator ★

I am: Curt H
Radio of choice:
Hitec

Total Props: 94
H9 Tango 40

Chapter 1.....About two years ago I was out flying (with my bro) in some real heavy winds (40-50km) with my Tango 40 #1 with an Irvine 72 in the nose, when she went deadstick going into the very strong wind. Needless to say it didn't turn out well. This airframe was going in reverse when it pancaked into the ground busting the fuse all to hell. The airframe was a great flier in all types of wind but deadsticking in winds that strong were disasterous. Miss that old bird.

Now on to Chapter 2..... Got thinking about that airframe this winter while looking through some photos of her in her glory days and decided to get another one for old times' sake. Managed to find one in stock at Hobby Wholesale, ordered it Sunday evening and it was at the post office Thursday afternoon. Now that's service

This plane is a great sport plane for tearing up the sky and will do some real whacky flips and rolls......just an all around fun plane to fly. Not a precision flier but a blast from behind the sticks.

Going to be powering this one with an OS .55AX that became available late last year when I rekitted my Patriot while doing high speed, low level (apparantly to low) passes down the runway with my bro and his Raptor.

Now, it would seem that almost everytime I fluff a plane, my bro is nearby,,,what the hell is with that

Anyway, Tango #2 will be getting the .55AX, upraded landing gear in Dubro Fibre Mains and all electronics will be Hitec 2.4 Optima RX and Hitec servos. The decals will be removed as I do not like them (did that with #1 also)

Now this ARF kit has almost next to nothing to assemble....all the contol surfaces are already attached and glued, just the windshield needs to be glued on and the tail surfaces bolted on. I just need to beef up the landing gear plate, reinforce the firewall and fuel proof and she is ready to start putting the gear on, servos in, engine on, and tank in.

Not much else to say at this time...I will post more pics and commentary once I start the assembly but I do not expect this to take very long once I get going.

I am in the process of finishing up a Great Planes F14 Tomcat. I am in deep with covering that nightmare, so I might do the Tango as a stress reliever while also working on the F14.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	103_0426.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	77.7 KB
ID:	230819  

I fly Hitec, why...... because I wanna!!

Forum Rules Link
https://www.rccanada.ca/site-rules.pdf

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in