Does this bearing need cleaning again? - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Offroad RC Discussion RC Offroad chat for truggies, buggies, short-course and more. Topics may include brands like Associated, Kyosho, Tamiya, Axial, Traxxas and more.

Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2006, 06:42 PM   #1
Fordzilla
RCC Contributor

Total Props: 0
Does this bearing need cleaning again?

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
In the engine of my lst(1st) and was told to clean the little black bearing and it would work again for awhile, then switch it for a new one after seven runs or something. Well any ways after that i must have ran it atleast 10 or 15 more times and then stoped playing with it for atleast 2 weeks. Then when i tried to fire it up the piston wouldn't make the compression to fire up the engine. So do i need to replace the bearing or does it need to be cleaned again or is there something else wrong?

please help

Matt
Fordzilla is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 04-23-2006, 06:56 PM   #2
imported_gremlin_390
RCC Expert Contributor

that would be the one way bearing in the back i assume. you could keep on cleaning it to make it work for a bit longer every time, or just buy a new one (its $25)
imported_gremlin_390 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-23-2006, 07:03 PM   #3
Fordzilla
RCC Contributor

how much longer do you think that bearing would last for? or would it be cheaper to buy a new one?

Old 04-23-2006, 07:21 PM   #4
CRUSHER
RCC Supreme Contributor

Lightbulb

Are you referring to the bearing that the clutch bell rides on or the one way bearing where the shaft starter goes? If it is the one way you could spray a little non chlorinated brake cleaner in the housing of the one way to degrease it and stop it from slipping If it is the bearing on the clutch replace it it's only a $1.00 or so... Sometimes my one way slips and I do as I stated above with great results everytime
CRUSHER is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-25-2006, 02:26 PM   #5
Dan lst2

Sounds like it's your one way bearing...My lst2 has gone through a couple now...yes you can clean it with brake cleaner but for $20 I would replace it:
Dan lst2 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-27-2006, 10:25 AM   #6
Fordzilla
RCC Contributor

ya i called my sorta locol hobby shop and said that im goin to buy a few parts this wekkend including that one way bearing. I lost a washer that helps hold in the fuel tank when i was cleaning the fuel tank off lol.
Old 04-27-2006, 11:17 AM   #7
SublimeJason

What Fuel are you Using?
If your using a fuel with A High Oil % it will Cause the Oneway to slip,
Just Take it out and Clean it with Brake Cleaner of Nitro Spray and It should work fine....
When you put your Truck away,Store it with the Starter Side of the Truck Higher than the Other side so any Unburned Fuel or Oil with run Away from the OnewayBearing....
I have over 19 Gallons on my LST1 and Still using the Oneway that came in the Truck......
SublimeJason is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-27-2006, 01:17 PM   #8
Savage_Star

I would say it should be cleaned and re used one way bearing slip because they get oil in the clean out the out and you get rid of the slip
Savage_Star is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in